LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 October 2 2018

raffi007

The Pirate Bay Blocked in Lebanon?

I just noticed for the past many weeks that www.thepiratebay.org is not accessible whether it is on Ogero or any other ISPs including Touch 4G.

I found it unusual to actually have the site down for such a long time so i tried with the a VPN and what do you know the site is working perfectly

I also checked their STATUS page https://pirates-forum.org/status which shows that the site is accessible and not down

So basically the site is being blocked by ISPs in Lebanon

#2 October 2 2018

dio

Re: The Pirate Bay Blocked in Lebanon?

raffi007 wrote:

I just noticed for the past many weeks that www.thepiratebay.org is not accessible whether it is on Ogero or any other ISPs including Touch 4G.

I found it unusual to actually have the site down for such a long time so i tried with the a VPN and what do you know the site is working perfectly

I also checked their STATUS page https://pirates-forum.org/status which shows that the site is accessible and not down

So basically the site is being blocked by ISPs in Lebanon

No it's not. They keep changing their URL to avoid being taken down. Most pirated sites do that. Just google the website and you should get the latest iteration of the site.

#3 October 2 2018

raffi007

The Pirate Bay has many proxy sites that are mirrors to the original
But the original www.thepiratebay.org is still up and running and was accessible 2 weeks ago.
I use it nearly every day

Suddenly 2 weeks ago, it stopped being accessible and i thought that it was temporarily down as usual.
But still after 2 weeks it was down

Today i checked their status page and noticed that they say that www.thepiratebay.org is up and running normally whereas I am unable to access it at work (Ogero), at home (cyberia) and on my mobile phone (Touch 4G)

Then I activated my VPN on my work computer and tried to access www.thepiratebay.org and it opened it
I did the same on my phone, activated my VPN and accessed the website and it opened

I turned off my VPNs and the site stopped being accessible

This means one thing that the ISPs are blocking the main address www.thepiratebay.org

The proxy websites are still accessible

#4 October 2 2018

xazbrat

I did notice that a while ago---thought it was something on their end, but did go to some of the proxy sites and noticed they were working and updated, ie I noticed uploads that were a few minutes old..   I didn't think that Ogero or another Lebanese entity would be blocking them, but I guess they like to make us scratch our heads.  I am sure the the Shura council had something around the time this happened, but it never gets any publicity on when it happens, sort of like the online gambling law that was passed and unpassed.

#5 October 2 2018

AVOlio

Yea me as well, i had the link bookmarked, and tried opening it many times in the past couple of weeks but it did not work, and i thought it was down for a bit as that happened usually, but it never went online again.
Now i am using a mirror.

also @raffi007
what vpn are you using if it is paid?
And if it is paid,  why would you get a paid vpn subscription?

#6 October 2 2018

hkbazzi

#7 October 2 2018

dio

This works for now. It will change next week for sure. That's why I said above to just google it, and you'll get the latest working url.

#8 October 2 2018

wollyka

the original link is working fine here

#9 October 2 2018

hkbazzi

been using it for 2 months now

#10 October 3 2018

vengeance666

Just google the latest url. It is currently this https://thepiratebay3.org/ but might change anytime. It's a complete mirror of the original site or you can simply just use a vpn to just browse the original site (something like vpn gate or softether vpn with vpn gate plugin) and simply disable the vpn when the download already begins in utorrent to avoid any slowdowns.

#11 October 3 2018

jibbo

#12 November 13 2018

fuseless

Edited:

It doesn't seem to be blocked, the website itself is very unstable these days

Last edited by fuseless (December 3 2018)

Board footer