LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 September 22 2018

infiniteloop

No more adult toys from AE

I was searching out of curiosity for some adult toys in Ali Express as I saw them many times before, but now the result will say it's forbidden in Lebanon!
I know some people got their obvious adult toys confiscated at the airport but some are so small and their package discreet that it should pass the customs without problems, why is AE doing this?

#2 September 22 2018

Aly

Re: No more adult toys from AE

Maybe too many disputes popping from Lebanon with people complaining that their toys never reached their final destination, therefore AE or the sellers stopped shipping these toys to Lebanon.

#3 September 22 2018

nuclearcat

Because those who order them and get stuck - apply for refund, and it is losses for AE.

#4 September 22 2018

DNA

but what does the gov have to do with sex toys?

#5 September 22 2018

rolf

DNA wrote:

but what does the gov have to do with sex toys?

The people of Lebanon are neglected and subjugated by their state.

I suppose the people of Lebanon have yet to learn how to take care of themselves because they keep electing the same parties.

Last edited by rolf (September 22 2018)

#6 September 24 2018

mmk92

You don't have to be ashamed of using sex toys

#7 September 24 2018

anayman_k7

nuclearcat wrote:

Because those who order them and get stuck - apply for refund, and it is losses for AE.

Lubrication is required for these toys to not get stuck, refer to the manual,,

just kidding

#8 September 24 2018

DNA

anayman_k7 wrote:
nuclearcat wrote:

Lubrication is required for these toys to not get stuck, refer to the manual,,

just kidding

the thing is they are getting stuck at the customs not at their home so does that mean... hummm

#9 September 26 2018

hkbazzi

I ordered a strap-on for my ex-gf and the government told me that adult toys are illegal in Lebanon. I don't know what happened to it though, the strapon was never shipped back....so I can only imagine what really happened to it

#10 September 26 2018

beezer

Adult toys are banned in Lebanon? I thought we were the only free diplomatic country in the region? I get some things, but this is neither political or religious.

I guess we'll have to wait until some political figure buys shares in an adult toy manufacturer and then it will be legal.

#11 September 27 2018

rolf

So Henry Fondle cannot come to Lebanon?

#12 October 2 2018

beezer

infiniteloop wrote:

I know some people got their obvious adult toys confiscated at the airport

Just curious, you heard this directly from someone? They told them that the item was illegal?

#13 November 13 2018

fuseless

I don't think what you are saying is exact.

The mobile app doesn't show them anymore for some reason, and I am not sure it is related to being in Lebanon.

On the other hand, you can open the site through your pc and can still order (up to my knowledge)

Test and confirm :)

#14 November 14 2018

chosen2k

Apps downloaded from the official stores hide adult content (in order not to get banned), most apps have a toggle to allow adult content in the setting, however I'm not sure if this applies to ali since I do not use it.

As for the ordering the items, you probably can order but with a big chance of being intercepted at customs.

#15 December 1 2018

ms94

Some items like adult toys and even plant seeds (yes! Harmless flower seeds!) cannot be searched for and purchased on the mobile app anymore because it is illegal to import them to Lebanon...... the website might still work though

#16 December 1 2018

mmk92

ms94 wrote:

Some items like adult toys and even plant seeds (yes! Harmless flower seeds!) cannot be searched for and purchased on the mobile app anymore because it is illegal to import them to Lebanon...... the website might still work though

Plant seeds can be very harmful

#17 December 5 2018

fuseless

hkbazzi wrote:

I ordered a strap-on for my ex-gf and the government told me that adult toys are illegal in Lebanon. I don't know what happened to it though, the strapon was never shipped back....so I can only imagine what really happened to it

how did they inform you if I may ask? did they send an empty package with a note, call, or...?

Board footer