LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 June 21 2018

LebGeek961

Entropay working again in Lebanon?

Hello Geeks,
I remember that entropay was not working in lebanon a while ago and when you try to access the site it doesn't let you, stating it is not supported in your region.
however I was checking again today and noticed it is accessible and I did create an account without any problem. So is it working again in lebanon?

Note: I did not try to top up the account yet.

#2 June 27 2018

Mhdskr

Re: Entropay working again in Lebanon?

I can confirm it's working again in Lebanon. I wired a small amount and topped up my card with no problem. I linked my card to PayPal and now waiting to find a catch on ebay to try it with PayPal. fingers crossed ;)

#3 June 28 2018

nosense

same here, added money to the card and even used it to pay without problems

#4 June 28 2018

LebGeek961

Mhdskr wrote:

I can confirm it's working again in Lebanon. I wired a small amount and topped up my card with no problem. I linked my card to PayPal and now waiting to find a catch on ebay to try it with PayPal. fingers crossed ;)

That's good news! please update us with the outcome

Last edited by LebGeek961 (June 28 2018)

#5 June 28 2018

RandomMemory

Finally. Great news, thanks for sharing.

#6 June 28 2018

nosense

http://support.entropay.com/customer/en … ailable-in-

it is updated a month ago and it doesn't include lebanon

#7 August 13 2018

Destermayor

Bad news:

Critical Information About Your Entropay Account
We're sorry to let you know that due to new restrictions imposed on card issuers, we can no longer provide virtual Visa cards to people living outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) and to users in Norway.
Here is how this change will affect you:
As from today, 13 August 2018, you will no longer be able to top up Entropay cards from debit or credit cards. Your cards will remain active and you can spend any remaining money.
After 31 October 2018, all of your Entropay cards will be cancelled and permanently deleted. All money remaining on your Entropay cards will be deposited into your Entropay wallet.
You can withdraw your money from your Entropay wallet to your bank account or to an existing debit or credit card. There is no deadline to withdraw your money; although your Entropay cards will be deleted, your Entropay wallet will remain active after 31 October.
If your Entropay cards are currently associated with any recurring payments (for example, with a streaming service) you should replace these as soon as possible to avoid service disruption.
Although this development is outside of our control, we are sorry for what we understand will be both a frustration and inconvenience for some of our users.

#8 August 13 2018

Mhdskr

Destermayor wrote:

Bad news:
We're sorry to let you know that due to new restrictions imposed on card issuers, we can no longer provide virtual Visa cards to people living outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) and to users in Norway.
As from today, 13 August 2018, you will no longer be able to top up Entropay cards from debit or credit cards. Your cards will remain active and you can spend any remaining money.
After 31 October 2018, all of your Entropay cards will be cancelled and permanently deleted. All money remaining on your Entropay cards will be deposited into your Entropay wallet.
You can withdraw your money from your Entropay wallet to your bank account or to an existing debit or credit card. There is no deadline to withdraw your money; although your Entropay cards will be deleted, your Entropay wallet will remain active after 31 October.
If your Entropay cards are currently associated with any recurring payments (for example, with a streaming service) you should replace these as soon as possible to avoid service disruption.
Although this development is outside of our control, we are sorry for what we understand will be both a frustration and inconvenience for some of our users.

I got the same email. Was going to post it when I get home.

#9 August 13 2018

Destermayor

Mhdskr wrote:
Destermayor wrote:

Bad news:

I got the same email. Was going to post it when I get home.

It is unfortunate.
I wonder what to switch to now.
Any suggestions?
I'm thinking about LeuPay.

Last edited by Destermayor (August 13 2018)

#10 August 13 2018

Mhdskr

If it's for PayPal I recommend an AMEX card. I have the AMEX Blue from bank Audi and it's working perfectly. I can even use it to pay directly for some eBay purchases (if PayPal payment is not enforced) which I do when sellers such as BestBuy don't accept non-US paypal payments, yet accept my AMEX.

#11 August 13 2018

Destermayor

Mhdskr wrote:

If it's for PayPal I recommend an AMEX card. I have the AMEX Blue from bank Audi and it's working perfectly. I can even use it to pay directly for some eBay purchases (if PayPal payment is not enforced) which I do when sellers such as BestBuy don't accept non-US paypal payments, yet accept my AMEX.

Thank you for the suggestion, luckily I have an account with Audi.
I'll look into it and see if i can get that card without having to switch my account type.

#12 August 14 2018

elserge82

Am I the only one getting a notice saying that entropay will stop working with non Eu residents?

#13 August 16 2018

LifeEngineer

elserge82 wrote:

Am I the only one getting a notice saying that entropay will stop working with non Eu residents?

No, you're the only one not reading the previous comments.

#14 August 28 2018

elserge82

LifeEngineer wrote:
elserge82 wrote:

I had my reasons.
Thank you for your rude /helpful comment,?
Sorry for bothering you

#15 August 29 2018

LifeEngineer

elserge82 wrote:
LifeEngineer wrote:
elserge82 wrote:

I had my reasons.
Sorry for bothering you

Nah man I'm sorry if I seemed rude, but it was calling for me :) I mean I usually don't comment like that but this one was really funny!
No hard feelings or bad intentions man! I just meant to respond to your question in a sarcastic way! Cheers!

#16 August 29 2018

elserge82

LifeEngineer wrote:
elserge82 wrote:
LifeEngineer wrote:

I had my reasons.
Sorry for bothering you

Nah man I'm sorry if I seemed rude, but it was calling for me :) I mean I usually don't comment like that but this one was really funny!
No hard feelings or bad intentions man! I just meant to respond to your question in a sarcastic way! Cheers!

No need to be I would have done the same.
I got a 55$ per year for amex blue. Should I go for it?

#17 August 29 2018

Mhdskr

elserge82 wrote:
LifeEngineer wrote:
elserge82 wrote:

I had my reasons.
Sorry for bothering you

No need to be I would have done the same.
I got a 55$ per year for amex blue. Should I go for it?

Absolutely!

#18 September 1 2018

Verizian

What baffles me is how sudden it was when they started supporting Lebanon again, and then how abruptly they switched back. Grand opening, grand closing.

Board footer