LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 July 9 2015

thetruth

Airsoft/Pellet/BB gun Customs Law

Hello,

Is it possible to ship an Airsoft/BB/Pellet gun to Lebanon ? Is there any law that prohibits this?
Fayad sport is selling a 70$ BB gun for 185$ and the guy told me that these are not permitted to enter Lebanon if I were to order one by myself. I asked how do they get to get their merch past the Customs but the guy smiled and said that their company is large and well known (rough translation)...etc. So is it a license one has to apply for or is it paying off the right people or is it both?

If anyone has any ties to people inside Customs and can offer information I would be grateful.

Thanks !

#2 July 9 2015

MohammedSF

Re: Airsoft/Pellet/BB gun Customs Law

I don't know how to pass the Lebanese Customs, and carriers such as Aramex won't allow you to ship a water pistol toy !

#3 July 9 2015

rolf

Have them disassembled and shipped as gardening equipment.

#4 July 10 2015

Louis40

Fayad or any arm dealer in Lebanon have a permit which cost them tons.. don't try to ship any guns, rifle or anything related to shooting, they will be stopped and seized immediately. I shipped a Scope from aliexpress and it was arrested at the customs and i was questioned by the leb army.. of course i gave it to them as a gift.. and no fees or fines to be paid, they just won't allow it to enter Lebanon.

Every parcel shipped is scanned by the customs, if they see a shape of a gun, it will be stopped.. Unless you have a wassta at the ministry of defence etc..

#5 June 22 2018

chosen2k

I know it's an old topic. But just to know what might happen, I just ordered a Gel ball M4A1 rifle from aliexpress. I'll let you know what happens

#6 June 27 2018

beezer

You will need clearance from MOI and MOD. It can be done, go and ask, but it will need some running around.

I am shipping a laser sight for my rifle, I have it licensed, will see what happens and let you know.

#7 July 21 2018

TokMe3HrsToSolveChallenge

Any updates chosen2k?

#8 July 21 2018

chosen2k

Its still in transit.

Hahah now wait a minute... you spent 3 hours solving the challenge and your first post is here :)

I'll definitely update also In case you are intrested I found a place that sells the STD5S gel ball gun here in lebanon.

Last edited by chosen2k (July 21 2018)

#9 July 23 2018

chosen2k

It's now with customs... fingers crossed

#10 July 25 2018

If your gun goes through I will order an airsoft pistol im looking at redwolf airsoft but shipping fees is almost the same price as the gun

#11 July 26 2018

UsedExcelFortheChallenge

@TokMe3HrsToSolveChallenge Please in case you order the pistol keep us updated on this thread I'm interested in Airsoft too

#12 July 28 2018

chosen2k wrote:

It's now with customs... fingers crossed

did you receive it yet?

#13 July 29 2018

Louis40 wrote:

Every parcel shipped is scanned by the customs, if they see a shape of a gun, it will be stopped.. Unless you have a wassta at the ministry of defence etc..

yup I was just told this by several sources. so does anyone know any shop that sells airsoft guns in lebanon?

#14 July 30 2018

chosen2k

It's been like this for the last 7 days:  Item handed over to Customs for clearance
I'm doing this for science.
However just note that what Ive ordered is considered 100% a toy gun. The airsoft guns are something else.

#15 July 31 2018

chosen2k

Good news LEBANON-BEIRUT SORTING CENTRE, Item sent to Distribution Office
When I receive it. I'll update with pictures.

I received the item:
https://imgur.com/a/VMg1cMz

Last edited by chosen2k (July 31 2018)

#16 July 31 2018

beezer

Man, you are extremely lucky that something so similar to a real looking M4 actually went through. My god.
I am seriously stunned, the guy at customs must have been in a good mood at that exact moment.

#17 July 31 2018

chosen2k

What happened with your lazer sight?

#18 August 1 2018

anayman_k7

Couple of years ago I ordered a cheap red dot sight, the customs held it and when I went to there they requested me to get a clearance from the Ministry of Defence, I was like thats a 10$ cheap thing, just send it back

#19 August 1 2018

beezer

It went through, but I considered myself lucky. So I ordered another one to see if it was luck or if they are being reasonable now.

chosen2k wrote:

What happened with your lazer sight?

#20 August 1 2018

chosen2k

IMO when the war was raging, militants were using the mail to ship hardware like scopes etc. Customs had to inspect every item and make sure nothing dangerous was going through. Now with the war close to an end, customs are more lenient and this is resulting in having some of these items passing with no problems.
Previously, even regular small shops also had a hard time getting good quality scopes for pellet guns, but now they're beginning to market them.
Might be a reason as to why items that used to get stopped are now going through.

Board footer