LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 February 16 2018

Tech Guru

VDSL Process in Lebanon

I am aiming for VDSL connection , I am 800m from CO ( Sakiet Al Janzir) and on unleash the speed my line can handle speeds more than 20Mbps. My Question Are :

- Application Process / Time
- Is Ogerio Only Applicable To Provide VDSL , any other ISPs (which one in specific that can provide VDSL and does they have unlimited nights on VDSL ?
- A Reliable VDSL Modem / Rourter - That is Available Here.
-Max Storage Provided

Thank You

Last edited by Tech Guru (February 16 2018)

#2 February 17 2018

Toufic

Re: VDSL Process in Lebanon

Modem wise: i'd go for an asus but few are available in lebanon but i found one at gomicrocity AC-68 it's one of the best.

For now, Ogero are the only ones providing it

Application process / time.. if you are close to them, shouldn't take long, just DM their chairman on twitter

#3 February 17 2018

hkbazzi

Wait, isnt VDSL available for everyone? isnt it just a matter of changing the modulation of the modem to VDSL?

#4 February 17 2018

Aly

hkbazzi wrote:

Wait, isnt VDSL available for everyone? isnt it just a matter of changing the modulation of the modem to VDSL?

VDSL is not available for everyone, it depends on two factors:
1- the central office you are connected to must be equipped with a newer technology DSLAM supporting VDSL.
2- if criteria 1 is met, your house must be less than 1km away from the central office.

Most lebanese subscribers cannot benefit from VDSL at the moment and very few are lucky enough right now and enjoying it, but as per Ogero they will soon start deploying fiber optics all over Lebanon with active cabinets each 800 M, but of course this will take time.

@tech guru, if you are subscribed with ogero, last time i checked with 1515 support team about VDSL, they told me i should send an email to thepeople@ogero.gov.lb with your L number and ask them if you are eligible for VDSL and they will take it from there.
Let us know how things will work for you :)

Last edited by Aly (February 17 2018)

#5 February 17 2018

kfc

37230651c6bf9512106f760350dd1c37d3fd972c0c8cb5db8cf093f106255dbcad1a983d.jpg

#6 July 20 2018

Mayyad

Yesterday i noticed that the cabinet is changed to fttc, i checked the dsl numbers, the speed was 23kbps and attenuation about 8.
I thought that ogero central should change my line to vdsl and give me vlan id, i dm ogero on twitter about that they told me to call 1515, after calling they told me that i should go to central and apply.
I was not convinced about that so i changed the modulation to vdsl on modem, after restart it worked without the need of vlan id or any ogero support.
No one of ogero asked me about phone number, they just keep throning it on someone else.

Board footer