LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 March 12 2018

RandomMemory

Clever new way to use paypal in Lebanon

So after I got frustrated by entropay closing, I tried several sites to get virtual cards but most of them don't support lebanon. Today I thought of something and it actually worked. I registered a g2apay account. G2APay lets you withdraw money you put in your account (via credit card) to a paypal account of your choice, but you need to have 1$ in the paypal account for it to work for verification purposes. When the verification of paypal is done, it links it permanently to your g2a account and then you can withdraw your balance for a 1 euro fee (unless you do currency conversion, then it's 1 euro + 2.49%). Note that the withdrawal is from 2-3 business days.

Last edited by RandomMemory (March 12 2018)

#2 March 12 2018

NuclearVision

Re: Clever new way to use paypal in Lebanon

Ingenious!
I just remembered that i have 300 dollars sitting in my paypal account, will probably spend them on cheap accessories since everything is getting taxed nowadays.

#3 March 13 2018

LifeEngineer

Excuse my morning stupidity, but I'm not sure I got it all right.
1st, So can I create a paypal account in the first place? I can't remember seeing Lebanon as an option when signing up at Payal website. What to do? Create a fake account? (I mean by using some available country and fictitious address?!)
2nd, Is shipping untied to payment? I mean suppose I managed to create a paypal account, will the items I buy through Paypal manage to ship to here, although paypal doesn't support Lebanon?! Or is it an option by the online retailer regardless of paypal/payment method?

Last edited by LifeEngineer (March 13 2018)

#4 March 13 2018

RandomMemory

Just create an account with a canadian address, it's what most people do. As for shipping, some websites like ebay only care about payment and you can provide your address instead of using the one on paypal

#5 March 18 2018

Madslm

But what if you don't have 1eur in your account? Is there a service in lebanon to top up your account?

Last edited by Madslm (March 18 2018)

#6 March 19 2018

Johnaudi

Getting money in PayPal isn’t really a problem, the real problem is getting PayPal not to freeze your account.

#7 March 19 2018

RandomMemory

Johnaudi wrote:

Getting money in PayPal isn’t really a problem, the real problem is getting PayPal not to freeze your account.

How are you getting money into your account?

#8 March 19 2018

Johnaudi

If you have anyone abroad send him some money and they will transfer them through PayPal via Friends and Family.

#9 March 20 2018

Madslm

Some one sent me 2$, but paypal won't allow me to use them without my social security number.

Last edited by Madslm (March 20 2018)

#10 July 10 2018

Mhdskr

Entropay is working again in Lebanon and Paypal can be linked to AMEX cards

#11 July 12 2018

Kareem

Mhdskr wrote:

AMEX doesn't work anymore. I have an AMEX card and if you try to order anything and pay with Paypal your account will be blocked; they will ask you for proof of res. and ID ( Paypal ) then suspend your account.

#12 July 12 2018

Mhdskr

Kareem wrote:
Mhdskr wrote:

AMEX doesn't work anymore. I have an AMEX card and if you try to order anything and pay with Paypal your account will be blocked; they will ask you for proof of res. and ID ( Paypal ) then suspend your account.

3 orders from Ebay and 1 from Walmart in the past week alone, all went through with no issues.

#13 July 18 2018

nosense

how do you verify your account with entropay ? what can we use in lebanon to verify our addresses ?

#14 July 18 2018

Mhdskr

aliessayli2 wrote:

how do you verify your account with entropay ? what can we use in lebanon to verify our addresses ?

Entropay didn't ask me for address verification. They only asked for "proof of the payment showing the name of the sender" which I provided and then my account was "fully activated". They assured me it was a 1 time verification request as this was my first transfer.

#15 July 19 2018

nosense

Mhdskr wrote:
aliessayli2 wrote:

Entropay didn't ask me for address verification. They only asked for "proof of the payment showing the name of the sender" which I provided and then my account was "fully activated". They assured me it was a 1 time verification request as this was my first transfer.

there are multiple levels of verification, the highest limits require address verification, moreover many other sites like bitcoin exchanges require address verification, so I am interested to know how Lebanese are doing it.

#16 July 20 2018

elserge82

aliessayli2 wrote:
Mhdskr wrote:
aliessayli2 wrote:

there are multiple levels of verification, the highest limits require address verification, moreover many other sites like bitcoin exchanges require address verification, so I am interested to know how Lebanese are doing it.

Bro just scan a bank payslip ( cash deposit or withdrawal) containing your address. As simple as that

Board footer