LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#76 April 10 2017

Adnan

Re: Q&A with Imad Kreidieh, head of Ogero

It should be the closest one. If you're unsure try calling Ogero on 1515 and ask them.

#77 April 10 2017

InVader

If you measure yourself, just keep in mind to track the path from CO to cabinet, as well as cabinet to building. The CO isn't linked directly to the building.

#78 April 10 2017

AVOlio

I just called them, the operator told me that there is a CO right next to me, in Nefaah, which is approx 300m away from me.

#79 April 10 2017

Ahmad Toutounji

AVOlio wrote:

How do you know where are the centrals ?

Im in dekwaneh... which central is mine? the one in jdeideh ?

Put your phone number here

#80 April 10 2017

xazbrat

InVader wrote:

If you measure yourself, just keep in mind to track the path from CO to cabinet, as well as cabinet to building. The CO isn't linked directly to the building.

I did the 'as the crows fly'  to the CO and it was 1.7km (not as bad as a I thought), and then took a path to what I believe is a cabinet (1.1km) and then tracked the cabinet back to the CO and got 2.6km.  So, looks like I may get 2mbps if it works out, but not much more at this point in time.

#81 April 10 2017

Ahmad Toutounji

xazbrat wrote:
InVader wrote:

I did the 'as the crows fly'  to the CO and it was 1.7km (not as bad as a I thought), and then took a path to what I believe is a cabinet (1.1km) and then tracked the cabinet back to the CO and got 2.6km.  So, looks like I may get 2mbps if it works out, but not much more at this point in time.

post your line stats

#82 April 10 2017

InVader

xazbrat wrote:

You should get at least 4Mbps in theory. Post your stats as Ahmad asked.

#83 April 10 2017

Khalil7

if i want to calculate the max speed of my line that can handle, then i must calculate the distance from the co "which is 5 km faraway" and to the cabinet "which is only 50 m" far away from my home ?? so my line states can't tell me the right speed ?

Last edited by Khalil7 (April 10 2017)

#84 April 10 2017

Ahmad Toutounji

if the cabinet is fiber then you should consider the cabinet distance if not then cabinet + co

#85 April 10 2017

Khalil7

Ahmad Toutounji wrote:

if the cabinet is fiber then you should consider the cabinet distance if not then cabinet + co

yes it is fiber "FTTC", gonna buy a vdsl modem tomorrow to see the exact speed my line can handle

#86 April 10 2017

xazbrat

InVader wrote:
xazbrat wrote:

You should get at least 4Mbps in theory. Post your stats as Ahmad asked.

I need to email  to get the stats---I will post my stats in  a couple of days after I get the info.

#87 April 10 2017

ballad

AVOlio wrote:

How do you know where are the centrals ?

Im in dekwaneh... which central is mine? the one in jdeideh ?

it's easy, just follow your cable to the pole, and from there go from pole to pole till you reach your centrale

#88 April 10 2017

Tech Guru

To find the exact speed I called Ogero , they came and tested the Ogero Lines box near our building , i am 800m away from Ogero Sakiet Al Janzir Centeal, the box reported a speed of 21Mbps , they recommended to change the dsl line connected from the box to my home.. I can achieve about 15Mbps. I found this way the most suitable since it is a practical testing not theoratical calculations of how much I would get. Still the missing part the quota posted on unlimited speeds.

#89 April 10 2017

Adnan

In regards to the maximum speed I once told Sodetel that I wanted to upgrade from 4Mbps to 8. They just allegedly monitored my line for a few days and said my line can't handle it. I live around 2.7 - 3km away from the centrale.

#90 April 11 2017

infiniteloop

Can someone ask Mr Kreidieh if the upload speed will be also upgraded? it's extremely important for small business,photographers and vlogers...

#91 April 11 2017

kfc

infiniteloop wrote:

Can someone ask Mr Kreidieh if the upload speed will be also upgraded? it's extremely important for small business,photographers and vlogers...

Read question 18

wyLRkQn.jpg

#92 April 11 2017

chosen2k

Thanks for the answers OP.

What is the possibility of getting answers to off topic questions like what happened with Paypal?

#93 April 11 2017

nuclearcat

I guess not related to Ogero at all

#94 December 4 2017

AVOlio

Some of my colleagues and I just met Mr Imad today to interview him for a university project.
The only thing I have to say is that this is a man who loves his job and always tries his best to achieve his goals and satisfy the consumer / end user.
If only we had more managers like him in big companies, or furthermore more politicians like him, this country would be a paradise.

The interview was about business management, and how himself as a chairman director of Ogero actually runs Ogero, what are his plans, goals etc..

If you would like to hear the entire interview I'll link the audio recording to the entire thing, it's about 35min.

Dropbox Link

#95 December 5 2017

nefe_lpmk

Some ISPs (like sodetel) are advertising open-speed however it's hard limited to 10-11 Mbps to outside, any policy to enforce true open speed?

#96 December 5 2017

sero

I have a situation that I hope any of you can help me with
There is no phone box in my building. I went to ogero to ask for one, but they said they need at least 2-3 years to install one!
Is there a way to reach Mr Imad to resolve this?
is it normal that it takes this time to install a phone box and have a phone number?

Sorry if I hijacked the thread

#97 July 3 2018

Kareem

So if FTTC is possible, can we request FTTH ?

Board footer