LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#5551 June 23 2018

Danny

Re: Internet in Lebanon - General Questions

RandomMemory wrote:

Anyone having extremely slow internet past couple of days?

Both at home and in the office the connection has been average to good

#5552 June 23 2018

Danny

After some research i learned about the adsl modem figures .

I noticed an issue ,my snr was at 30.8 on thursday and now its at 12.4.

Does anyone know why ? I haven’t changed the location of the mode or the plug .i just unplugged it a couole of times .

#5553 June 23 2018

new_user

If the speedtest on ogero website says the speed on my line can reach 3Mbps does it also mean that the connection would be stable at that speed?

#5554 June 23 2018

Danny

new_user wrote:

If the speedtest on ogero website says the speed on my line can reach 3Mbps does it also mean that the connection would be stable at that speed?

It depends on many factors ,your house’s location with respect to the “central” and your internal wiring .

My home and office lines are up to 5mbps but my speed is reaching 7.

#5555 June 28 2018

anayman_k7

Today I applied for Ogero Fiber, I currently have IDM Open Speed, Ogero announced that they are open to fill the fiber form for submit, they said they are still checking how much clients there are in the area and the final decision is not yet taken, hopefully they go for it and the long waited 50mbps happens

#5556 June 28 2018

LifeEngineer

... while I wait for 2mbps...

#5557 June 28 2018

wollyka

anayman_k7 wrote:

Today I applied for Ogero Fiber, I currently have IDM Open Speed, Ogero announced that they are open to fill the fiber form for submit, they said they are still checking how much clients there are in the area and the final decision is not yet taken, hopefully they go for it and the long waited 50mbps happens

Good luck, but which area?

#5558 June 28 2018

anayman_k7

North Lebanon - Kalamoun, luckily even that it is a small area Ogero decided to install a FTTC there

#5559 June 28 2018

Danny

anayman_k7 wrote:

North Lebanon - Kalamoun, luckily even that it is a small area Ogero decided to install a FTTC there

Wow ,i thought only users in ashrafieh ,hamra and ras el nab3 are eligible for vdsl .

Does anyone know if there are plans for vdsl on metn ? Like antelias or naccache ?

#5560 June 28 2018

Azachariou

VDSL is everywhere if you're close enough to the centrale or to an active cabinet.

#5561 June 28 2018

Azachariou

Anybody having problems with their connection in the Jounieh area?

#5562 June 29 2018

Aly

anayman_k7 wrote:

But there is no Fiber there (FTTH) only in Hamra and achrafieh at the moment.
However if they have a FTTC you can benefit from VDSL, but still your application willl go to waste since it is only for FTTH.

#5563 June 29 2018

anayman_k7

Danny wrote:
anayman_k7 wrote:

Wow ,i thought only users in ashrafieh ,hamra and ras el nab3 are eligible for vdsl .

Does anyone know if there are plans for vdsl on metn ? Like antelias or naccache ?

Aly wrote:
anayman_k7 wrote:

However if they have a FTTC you can benefit from VDSL, but still your application willl go to waste since it is only for FTTH.

you can check the deployment map, the Ogero contact person asked about the office I work for in Batroun, they said the FTTH is ready there and the installation can be done in a short amount of time
https://www.ogero.gov.lb/deployment

Last edited by anayman_k7 (June 29 2018)

#5564 June 29 2018

Azachariou

Aly wrote:
anayman_k7 wrote:

You don't need fttc to have VDSL. FTTC makes it possible at longer distances but if you're close enough to your centrale, you can have VDSL. I for example have been on VDSL since August in Jounieh in an area that still doesn't have FTTC.

#5565 June 30 2018

Kareem

Danny wrote:
anayman_k7 wrote:

Are you sure Ras el Nabeh is eligible ? I'm literally 200m away from the central office.

#5566 June 30 2018

Aly

Azachariou wrote:
Aly wrote:
anayman_k7 wrote:

You don't need fttc to have VDSL. FTTC makes it possible at longer distances but if you're close enough to your centrale, you can have VDSL. I for example have been on VDSL since August in Jounieh in an area that still doesn't have FTTC.

I know man, if you are close to the central office you can get VDSL without FTTC as long as the central office is equipped with VDSL hardware ... but in anayman_k7's case and as per the deployment map Qalamoun has FTTC therefore FTTH is not possible, however he also said the Ogero contact told him it is doable, so we'll see how it goes for him.

#5567 July 4 2018

Danny

Kareem wrote:
Danny wrote:
anayman_k7 wrote:

Are you sure Ras el Nabeh is eligible ? I'm literally 200m away from the central office.

I remeber reading it either on the Cyberia website or the gds one ...i’m sure it was Ras El Nab3 because i’m not familiar with that region so i must have read it.

#5568 July 4 2018

Mom

Hello guys,

So my line got recently upgraded, and i was expecting some lower speeds but i was surprised

anyways let me know what do you think about my new stats.

Ogero's test:

dUokE6m.png

Actual Sync:

DwPaG5J.png

Anyways i will update you later about my speed

#5569 July 5 2018

Danny

Mom wrote:

Hello guys,

So my line got recently upgraded, and i was expecting some lower speeds but i was surprised

Ogero's test:

https://imgur.com/dUokE6m.png

Actual Sync:

https://imgur.com/DwPaG5J.png

I’m relatively new to adsl modem figures,i started researching 2 weeks ago ,my line was updated last month from1 to 5mbps as well.

I learned that snr will go down when ur actual isp speed goes up ,so if ur current speedtest is more than 5mbps than ur figures r ok . But if these figures are on a 1mbps connection than they’re not so good.

#5570 July 5 2018

Mom

Danny wrote:
Mom wrote:

Hello guys,

Ogero's test:

https://imgur.com/dUokE6m.png

Actual Sync:

https://imgur.com/DwPaG5J.png

I’m relatively new to adsl modem figures,i started researching 2 weeks ago ,my line was updated last month from1 to 5mbps as well.

I learned that snr will go down when ur actual isp speed goes up ,so if ur current speedtest is more than 5mbps than ur figures r ok . But if these figures are on a 1mbps connection than they’re not so good.

I will have to check when i update my cycle!

#5571 July 6 2018

Azachariou

the numbers on ogero's site are a rough approximation, sometimes a worst case scenario.

#5572 July 8 2018

Mom

I got 13 mbps

7454339496.png

#5573 July 8 2018

Azachariou

with 12dB line attenuation you should be close enough to the centrale if you want to get VDSL. I would suggest asking for a VDSL feasibility test.

#5574 July 8 2018

Mom

I will try to ask them later!!

#5575 July 17 2018

semaan

hi,
i have sodetel open speed, i reach 5mbps,snr between 10 and 8, but when the elevator turn on, the snr will be 0.2  -0.8 and the internet will disconnect till the elevator turn off
i change the cable from the phone box to my home, it about only 7 meter, and the cable is alone in the tube without any electric cable, the problem was resolve for 2 month, and now the same problem
someone suggest to buy a "battery backup" dc ups for the modem,
anyone know if this is a great idea?

Board footer