LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 June 20 2018

sero

procedure to sell a car

Hello

This is the first time I am selling a car, hence any feedbacks are welcome!
The buyer (a relative) has a car dealing company. He'll buy the car, fix it then sell it.

The buyer said we'll go to Katb L 3adl, who will do a wakele

However I heard from some people that its better to go do Nafaa and put the car as 2ankad. In this way I am in a "safer" position as the plate number cannot be used or something like that

can anyone clear this confusion?
is it really better to do 2ankad?
If yes, is it a fast procedure at the Nafaa? or it takes several days and long waits?
which one is less costly to do?

#2 June 20 2018

Guitaret

Re: procedure to sell a car

It is better to do 2ankad because it will put the car out of circulation, meaning it will force anyone who wants to buy it to register it to his name immediately and this relieves you of any liability of your car hitting someone on the road, or doing some illegal activities... some may say that you might face some complications when registering a new car if you still have a car in your name with way to much unpaid yearly tax (mecanique).

Having said that, the paper of (رفع مسؤولية) will legally relieve you of any responsibility if someone is hurt using your car but you may not be relieved from some legal process to clear your name. This paper is usually done along the "wakele" paper. If you trust your relative will make sure the seller will register than it is fine otherwise do the 2ankad thingy.

To do so: The car should succeed in this year inspection (Motor Inspection Vehicle), so if you don't have that paper you will have to do it at (mu3ayaneh) and this is the paper that usually takes the most time. Then go to nef3a and call for the 2ankad  paper, this can be done in one day.
The good thing is that currently, the center of inspection (مراكز المعاينة) have a minimum load and so you can do it in no time, I do this in Hadath area and please be careful while entering the center because the entrance is surrounded by a bunch of street low-life scammers.

#3 June 20 2018

sero

Thanks for the info Guitaret. I paid 2018 mecanique a few days ago, so I only need to go to the nef3a
One more question, shall the car be with me when I go to nef3a?

As for the being careful part. I learned my lesson! A few years ago I had a terrible/frightening experience with the guys up there!

#4 June 20 2018

Guitaret

sero wrote:

Thanks for the info Guitaret. I paid 2018 mecanique a few days ago, so I only need to go to the nef3a
One more question, shall the car be with me when I go to nef3a?

It is better if you don't take the car, just take the 2 plates.

#5 June 21 2018

Salloum

Forget the wikele thing, it's a problem waiting to happen. Just do it inqad w raye7 rasak.

Board footer