LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 September 3 2016

Bahij.M

Skrill in Lebanon

Hey guys ! i would like to ask is skrill any good here in lebanon ? i want to sell something online and the buyer is asking me if he can send money through skrill , anyone used it before and has any experience in it? TY.

#2 September 3 2016

xazbrat

Re: Skrill in Lebanon

I have never received money, but use it all the time for online transactions.  Never had a problem---if you can't fund it through a credit card, you can use a wire transfer to do it and they can send it to you via a bank transfer (definitely) or on the credit card you used to fund it (hopefully).  Open up an account first and make sure you don't have an issue first.

GL

#3 September 9 2016

elserge82

I usually get my cash back on skrill
I transfer it to my FX account outside leb without any commissions.
I can retrieve  the money from my FX account whenever I want for a 3 $ commission per transaction.

#4 September 9 2016

vegetaleb
Banned

Bahij.M wrote:

Hey guys ! i would like to ask is skrill any good here in lebanon ? i want to sell something online and the buyer is asking me if he can send money through skrill , anyone used it before and has any experience in it? TY.

I hope it's not another african crook who saw your ad on olx...

#5 September 9 2016

Bahij.M

vegetaleb wrote:
Bahij.M wrote:

I hope it's not another african crook who saw your ad on olx...

hahahaha so it seems olx is filled with these guys, i wanted to sell my Clash account on olx and everyday i receive like 20-30 messages of guys wanting to buy my account through "omt" and decline meeting face to face , they ask if i can give my account info (google and ios) and then they give me the western union code , i was like yeah right , i ended up listing my account through playerup , a very good website that the admin (middleman) creates a three way ticket where he receives the money from the buyer and keeps them on his account until i give him my account and he makes sure its the correct account and sends me the money , everything went smooth as silk.

#6 September 10 2016

Johnaudi

Skrill is extremely reliable, low rates and, best of all, works well with Lebanese Banks.

#7 September 14 2016

RockmasteR

yep Skrill works! I have an account and verified my Debit card on it, I did pay through Skrill before but never tried to transfer money to my bank

#8 September 14 2016

rolf

There is another thread about Skrill.
My experience with them was not very good so I can't recommend it.

#9 September 14 2016

vegetaleb
Banned

rolf wrote:

Hidden fees?

#10 September 14 2016

rolf

vegetaleb wrote:
rolf wrote:

Hidden fees?

They blocked my funds and there was nothing I could do about it.

#11 September 15 2016

Tech Guru

Well I am been purchasing Steam Keys on Instant-Gaming through Skrill payments using my Audi Internet Master Orange Card ,

https://www.instant-gaming.com/en/payme … lefield-1/

Done several purchases very reliable website and payments / way better than G2A.

#12 September 15 2016

vegetaleb
Banned

rolf wrote:
vegetaleb wrote:
rolf wrote:

Hidden fees?

That sucks!
I wanted to sell a 230$ camera lens to France and get paid on Skrill but I don't want to lose them for any reasons

#13 September 15 2016

rolf

vegetaleb wrote:
rolf wrote:
vegetaleb wrote:

Hidden fees?

That sucks!
I wanted to sell a 230$ camera lens to France and get paid on Skrill but I don't want to lose them for any reasons

I was using it to recieve a payment. When I could not retrieve the last part (which was not much, but still something!) it blocked it and I had to provide address verification, which failed for some reason (I forget the details) and trying to talk to support was like talking to a wall.
After like 9 months I checked again and they had unlocked my money and I could wire it to my back account.
For sending money it's probably not so much of a problem.

Last edited by rolf (September 15 2016)

#14 January 11 2017

ironman

yea so today, i got a phonecall from my Prestigious bank, informing me that i am using "Websites Machbouhin" and i should stop using them, i told her what websites my dear?

she said "steam games" and "skrill"

so yea...

#15 January 11 2017

nuclearcat

Which bank it is that deny to use steam?
Just to know to never ever use such.

#16 January 11 2017

ironman

Bank Audi

To be honest i think the main issue was "Skrill" because i cashed out some money from Skrill to my bank account, but that idiot girl mentioned "steamgames" and "Skrill", not only "Skrill".

Last edited by ironman (January 11 2017)

#17 January 11 2017

Georges00

And what happen's if you don't stop using them?

#18 January 12 2017

ironman

She will close my account

#19 January 12 2017

Ramnesia

But can they really just tell people what to use and not to use?

#20 January 12 2017

xazbrat

Just walk into the branch and act dumb and tell them you were confused by a phone call and wanted to know what was going on.  Sometimes you don't get geniuses on the phone.

#21 June 14 2018

sayedti

i dont have a credit card , but i have a lot of payments weekly using my brother credit , what i want to know  is , can i make a skrill account then transfer money to it using a byblos internet card that my brother use . then use the money as i want . my purpose is having privacy when spending . because my brother can track my purchases using his credit .

#22 June 19 2018

Hybrid

You have to verify skrill account nowadays, and only way to do it is to show them a bill under your name showing your address.

#23 July 24 2018

semaan

Hybrid wrote:

You have to verify skrill account nowadays, and only way to do it is to show them a bill under your name showing your address.

do you know if my account is verified, can i make a withdraw to my Lebanese bank account?

#24 July 25 2018

ironman

@semaan,

it worked for me.
Try to avoid Bank Audi, since i received a call from their branch, saying that they don't "like" skrill.
I think since gamblers mainly use it to cashout from gambling websites.

Good luck, and watch out for the HIGH Fees!

#25 August 7 2018

infiniteloop

I have a problem with Skrill authentication, I made the account with the 2 steps passwords using Google Authenticate on my old smartphone.
Now I want to put a token taken by this app with the same email but it won't work saying ''invalid token''. I tried perhaps 30 times.
The only way to add skrill on the google app authenticate is to scan the QR code, and it looks like I must be already signed in to get it. I can reset the normal password but not the 2nd authentication.
Any idea how to recover my account?

Board footer