LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 April 20 2018

mrtass

OGERO DSL PPPOE Username and password

Hello

i woke up today and my router has reset all configuration by itself.
maybe Electricity or some fault in the router itself.
i have my PPPOE Username but no password....
is there a way to generate the PPPOE password based on the PPPOE Username without going to Mina El hosn for them to reconfigure it?

Thanks

Last edited by mrtass (April 20 2018)

#2 April 20 2018

HzSamer

Re: OGERO DSL PPPOE Username and password

No, The password is random for each user and very long.
Next time, make a backup of the configuration from the router so you can restore it easily.

#3 April 20 2018

random-username

If you don't have an unlimited plan, you can email Mr. Nader: nrifai@ogero.gov.lb and ask him for your PPoE username and pass

You need to include a scanned copy of the landline owner's ID, landline number and DSL#.

#4 April 20 2018

RandomMemory

Asking for someone here. What's the default router page login for the DSL modem (the new tp link from ogero) admin admin is not working.

#5 April 20 2018

user

RandomMemory wrote:

Asking for someone here. What's the default router page login for the DSL modem (the new tp link from ogero) admin admin is not working.

I remember I had to email and ask for that as well... really shameful...

#6 April 20 2018

RandomMemory

user wrote:
RandomMemory wrote:

I remember I had to email and ask for that as well... really shameful...

Does it work over phone because he doesn't want to take his router to mina el hosn again just for this

#7 April 20 2018

Johnaudi

Take a router which is easy to get the PPPoE user and pass to Ogero and tell them to program it for you (free of charge).
They will do so, enjoy your user and pass.

#8 April 21 2018

Aly

RandomMemory wrote:

Call 1515 they will give you the admin pass but wont give you the PPPOE credentials, they are giving full admin access to users now (I got subscribed to Ogero in Jan 2018) and they gave me the admin credentials without any hassle.
Once you have the admin pass you can dump the cfg, easily decrypt and get your hands on the PPPOE credentials.

#9 April 23 2018

vengeance666

random-username wrote:

If you don't have an unlimited plan, you can email Mr. Nader: nrifai@ogero.gov.lb and ask him for your PPoE username and pass

You need to include a scanned copy of the landline owner's ID, landline number and DSL#.

Why not ? Even if it's unlimited plan it's his damn account isn't it ? That doesn't make any sense to me to be honest.

#10 April 24 2018

random-username

vengeance666 wrote:
random-username wrote:

Why not ? Even if it's unlimited plan it's his damn account isn't it ? That doesn't make any sense to me to be honest.

That's the reply I received from Ogero when I requested my PPoE username and pass.

Board footer