LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 March 20 2018

mainhead

Choosing a smartphone

Hello comrade, I want to buy a phone as a gift but I am confused between these three:

1- Samsung Galaxy C7 Pro
      2- Huawei Honor 7X
      3- Huawei Mate 10 Lite

Anyone is using any of the above or can help me to choose the best in terms of quality?

Last edited by mainhead (March 20 2018)

#2 March 20 2018

RandomMemory

Re: Choosing a smartphone

Huawei Mate 10 Lite

#3 March 20 2018

Gamer

#4 March 21 2018

Flakk

I recommend the Huawei Nova 2 Plus instead of the Mate 10 lite. I heard that the Mate 10 lite charging times are horrible because of the micro usb. Whereas the Nova 2 plus has USB type C and almost same specs and same price i think.

#5 March 21 2018

NuclearVision

Flakk wrote:

I recommend the Huawei Nova 2 Plus instead of the Mate 10 lite. I heard that the Mate 10 lite charging times are horrible because of the micro usb. Whereas the Nova 2 plus has USB type C and almost same specs and same price i think.

I don't believe this is true, fast charging is something that's either supported by the phone chip or not, both have same chip and apparently do not support fast charging.
All in all, i recommend the mate lite, more screen, more value for way less money. The nova has a better selfie camera if i'm not mistaken.

#6 April 16 2018

Papusan

NuclearVision wrote:
Flakk wrote:

I don't believe this is true, fast charging is something that's either supported by the phone chip or not, both have same chip and apparently do not support fast charging.
All in all, i recommend the mate lite, more screen, more value for way less money. The nova has a better selfie camera if i'm not mistaken.

Agreed, its rare for a phone to over-spec microusb standards, as most fast charging methods increase the voltage to 9v or higher to reduce voltage drop on the cable. So far few Samsung phones does that over microusb, but almost every type-c equipped  has the tendency to support higher voltages, hence easier to deliver higher than average power.
Sometimes its cheaper to use aio charging circuit than extending/supporting the SoC charge controller.

Board footer