LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#401 December 1 2017

Johnaudi

Re: Shipping from abroad (share your experience)

nuclearcat wrote:

Definitely yes, as far as i know only case when you don't pay customs, if you was living abroad for long time and returning your goods to your country (or better to say there is small fees comparing with total cost of furniture, appliances and etc)

Traveling to the US and coming back with the rig would prevent me paying customs yes? (Eventually customs would add up to the ticket price)

#402 December 11 2017

SwiftStrike

you guys have two options:

_ onyourway website, google it, (no customs no taxes) it's a service that allows you to use a Lebanese traveler as shipping proxy in a very safe way, and support is great and very responsive

_ aliexpress: (no customs no taxes but no brands) from cheap to high prices, depends on the quality

#403 December 11 2017

nuclearcat

Johnaudi wrote:
nuclearcat wrote:

Definitely yes, as far as i know only case when you don't pay customs, if you was living abroad for long time and returning your goods to your country (or better to say there is small fees comparing with total cost of furniture, appliances and etc)

Traveling to the US and coming back with the rig would prevent me paying customs yes? (Eventually customs would add up to the ticket price)

As far as i know it require some paperwork and longer stay (official papers about residence in country from which you are returning).

#404 January 8 2018

Sasuke

delete

Last edited by Sasuke (January 12 2018)

#405 February 6 2018

solo220

Any one having long delays in delivery process with Liban post?

I am asking because i have items released from customs since 21-1-2018 and still not delivered,
the funny thing is that when i contacted Liban post about one item they claimed that the address was not clear
but what about the 2 other items  from defferent sellers where they also have unclear address !

so is it only me and my problem (unclear address) or they are covering their Incompetence with lies.

Last edited by solo220 (February 6 2018)

#406 February 6 2018

Aly

Yes indeed solo, myself and another colleague at work are facing delivery delays from liban post but the items are arriving eventually, i didnt bother to contact them since i know they wont have clear answers.

#407 February 12 2018

superlinux

Hello. By tomorrow maximum, I will get a new parcel coming through FedEx. it's actually on its way. and it's worth 100USD when I bought it from Amazon. I paid around 60USD shipping with FedEx .  I will tell you soon how much will its customs tax be. pray for me it comes low if not free of charge.

#408 April 13 2018

boudz

Customs clearance reduced from 16 days to a few hours
Customs decision regarding
import and export formalities

The Customs issued a decision requiring importers and exporters to get pre-clearance for their goods prior to arrival at the port.

The decision will be implemented on imported goods starting April 30. It will apply on exported goods in the coming months.

Importers will be required to submit a detailed statement once they produce a shipping manifest. All the data regarding the clearance of goods and the paperwork will be done electronically. Traders should provide all data about their goods, amount, warehouses, and even their partners.

After approval, importers will get a pre-arrival clearance and pay custom fees.

Badri Daher, Director General of Customs, said: “This decision will reduce the time required for the good’s clearance period at the port from 16 days to just a few hours.” The goods will be delivered directly to the trader.

According to Daher, this direct arrival processing will facilitate trade, and therefore contribute to economic growth. It will also reduce smuggling and fraud.
Reported by Rania Ghanem

does this mean aliexpress items will come faster? ? or it is only for traders

#409 April 13 2018

Draguen

boudz wrote:

Customs clearance reduced from 16 days to a few hours
Customs decision regarding
import and export formalities

The Customs issued a decision requiring importers and exporters to get pre-clearance for their goods prior to arrival at the port.

The decision will be implemented on imported goods starting April 30. It will apply on exported goods in the coming months.

Importers will be required to submit a detailed statement once they produce a shipping manifest. All the data regarding the clearance of goods and the paperwork will be done electronically. Traders should provide all data about their goods, amount, warehouses, and even their partners.

After approval, importers will get a pre-arrival clearance and pay custom fees.

Badri Daher, Director General of Customs, said: “This decision will reduce the time required for the good’s clearance period at the port from 16 days to just a few hours.” The goods will be delivered directly to the trader.

According to Daher, this direct arrival processing will facilitate trade, and therefore contribute to economic growth. It will also reduce smuggling and fraud.
Reported by Rania Ghanem

does this mean aliexpress items will come faster? ? or it is only for traders

The reform of the Customs was requested/required at the CEDRE conference, if this is true then, you can expect to have slightly lower prices at supermarket since most products are imported in containers, and some of them get past their expiry date even before reaching supermarkets, in return supermarkets either have to get insured for that or negotiate with suppliers a right to refuse delivery.

all of which lead to increase cost down the line.

regarding the Aliexpress thingy, i suppose that at the worst, it will free employee time to process our parcels.

#410 April 13 2018

I'm trying to ship some cloth as gifts to my family from Germany,

anyone knows about customs, prices, time.

preferably I'll be sending the package via DHL, I did some fast price comparison and DHL won.

However, I would like to know will it be customs on each and every item? or if it exceeds a predeclared number by them,
noting that the items are brands like Adidas, Puma, etc

Is it possible to remove price tags?

Anyone with previous experience might be really helpful.

#411 April 13 2018

RandomMemory

if you wanna send stuff with DHL or fedex, expect to get screwed over by customs. DHL once charged me 40$ for a 10$ alpha card (the wifi card). Also customs have a price estimator, it's a person who's job is to look stuff online and estimate a price so even if you remove price tags he will still find the price. So faking invoices etc won't work. The only thing you can try is ask them to wrap it with a gift packaging.

Last edited by RandomMemory (April 13 2018)

#412 April 13 2018

would wrapping them with gift packages work? will it avoid customs?
do you know any other way, a technique to get over custom fees

#413 April 13 2018

RandomMemory

I don't know if it works with DHL. With aliexpress it does.

#414 June 18 2018

elserge82

A small newbie question.
For shop and ship , what is the handling fee for? following few posts earlier why no one mentioned it?

Thank you

#415 July 1 2018

Lighteningbulb

Hi! A long while back I asked if they would take customs on gifts from abroad. To update you all, I have received 3 separate gifts and thankfully the didn't take customs on any of them and they were all delivered with libanpost. To be clear, these gifts were mostly skincare & beauty and some of them were pretty expensive (200$ worth), so I was very pleased with customs when I received them free of charge.

Hope this helps someone

#416 July 1 2018

NuclearVision

It's not really about gifting, they do open the package and estimate the content value. For example, if you get a 500$ pen they value it as a pen, whereas an iphone, or a rolex would get taxed, i could be wrong though as I've never been taxed, but from reading the forum, i concluded it's mostly for mobile phone in 200+- range.
Also non-dhl non-fedex, so normal airmail don't seem to get taxed often, probably nonexpress services indicating that item is not of important value if you know what i mean.

Last edited by NuclearVision (July 1 2018)

#417 July 5 2018

boudz

i bought a phone battery from aliexpress and the customs in china declined to send it to Lebanon because lebanon is in the countries that refuse to accept lithium battery weird that is shipped (weird but true)
my question that i buy from debit web card can this card accept a refund?

#418 July 5 2018

NuclearVision

yes, you will get the refund but when u click on refund information it will not show refund completed. only processing refund is shown.

#419 August 15 2018

TrollFatGuy

Hey guys, I'm thinking of getting a Fjällräven backpack. The item weighs slightly less than a kilogram and its dimensions (in the box) are as of yet unknown. I have multiple questions: Which would be the best service provider for such case given that I can ship from the EU (Germany?) where it might be cheaper? Do these services even offer non-amazon/aliexpress compatibility? The item is 90 USD if bought from the US, or 100 EUR (~114 USD) if bought from Germany; which would be cheaper including shipping fees?

I realize I am asking some overly detailed and complicated questions, but let's treat this as a game! Thanks.

#420 August 16 2018

boudz

can i have an updated answer
today if i buy a mobile phone from aliexpress
do i have to go to customs in the airport and pay taxes to recieve it?
or it will be sent normally through liban post

#421 August 17 2018

LifeEngineer

boudz wrote:

can i have an updated answer
today if i buy a mobile phone from aliexpress
do i have to go to customs in the airport and pay taxes to recieve it?
or it will be sent normally through liban post

I'd like to know that too but I'm afraid nothing has changed...

#422 August 18 2018

weed

Hello. I'm planning to order an oscilloscope from aliexpress. It's weight should be less than 4 Kg and the dimensions 43.5cm x 25 cm x 27 cm. It will be shipped with EMS.
Does anyone knows how much customs fees I should expect? Unit price is 350$, shipping around 185$ (the total is still half the price of buying an oscilloscope from Lebanon).

#423 September 15 2018

NuclearVision

Hello guys i'm planning to order an ipad from ebay. I was able to find some good deals, like 100$ less than here. Any idea if it's subject to customs tax? And whats customs tax % ? anyone recently ordered a tablet or laptop? thanks !

Last edited by NuclearVision (September 15 2018)

#424 October 9 2018

NuclearVision

any update? Anyone has an idea how much is the customs % of original value? Thanks!

#425 November 1 2018

NuclearVision

I shipped an iPad from the u.s., the package came empty, with attached libanpost letter saying that the customs found the package to be empty upon inspection. I won't be ordering anything else from abroad.

Board footer