LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 March 31 2018

DNA

Gaming Chairs on OLX

I wanted to buy a gaming chair so went ahead and looked on olx
maybe i could find cheap ones and indeed i did, there are dxracer replicas for 175$ did anyone buy from these guys? are they anygood is there any seller you recommend

#2 March 31 2018

Johnaudi

Re: Gaming Chairs on OLX

You can get original brand new dx racer for an extra hundred, which I think would be a better deal.

#3 March 31 2018

DNA

where can i find a dxracer for 275$?

#4 April 1 2018

Johnaudi

Pcandparts last time I’ve checked, make sure they still have any though.

#5 April 1 2018

Aly

@Johnaudi the cheapest dxracer chair at pcandparts is 325$ + vat + shipping so it could easily stretch beyond 360$ but it is worth it of course.
@DNA if you mean those BMW and Mercedes etc ... colored gaming chairs I would advise you to stay away from them as they are nowhere near the quality of dxracer, they are made with cheap material, no metal frame inside like dxracer (or even cougar), they squeal alot and most likely wont last long.

#6 April 1 2018

NAM

My friend got one this December, it is holding well.. but it came with a smell .. he had to air it out and put it in the sun for a while .. other than that everything is ok.

#7 April 1 2018

AVOlio

You need to take very much into the consideration, the proper sizes of the chair and your body.

I've got the Sentinel Series, it's quite big.
Although i have no issues what so ever with its quality (its very durable and high quality) but i haven't felt any better in terms of comfort or relaxation especially over long periods of play time. I'm still getting those annoying shoulder pains over long hours of gaming just like the 5$ plastic chair i used to have.

And i dont know if its just me, but is there a proper way to sit on these chairs?
Every time i sit, the lump cushion thats supposed to comfort your back, always falls down, and i have to CONTINUOUSLY put it back up, and the neck cushion (U shaped) is not properly adjusted to my neck, so i had to put it a bit down and strap it in between the two openings on the top of the chair, which made it very loose , and i have to adjust that every time i sit as well.

Again, i dont know, maybe im an ignorant who doesnt know how to sit properly on the chair, or this one is not to my size (most probably a bit big for me).

So again, take into consideration the comparison of the size of the chair and your body size.

(PS: i've had the chair for 2 years).

#8 April 1 2018

Aly

For dxracer chairs, you can check this chart for comparison.
https://www.dxracer.com/us/en-us/pages/choosedxracer/

#9 April 4 2018

Tech Guru

I ended buying the DX Racer Boss Series from PC and Parts for USD 530 ( Including Shipment and VAT).

I tried Cougar Armor Chair and  DXRacer Sentinel (Spacious and Tall) Series (Bigger than King Series) both have PVC Leather ( real leather mimick) which warm up your butt on prolonged sitting hours and the seat have these bolsters / wings  on the seat side  which squeeze you legs thighs - regardless how much wide the front seat size - which is annoying and prevent a v shape legs position / opening your legs wide. The DXRacer  Boss series has an open seat style only. I ended up selling them and grabing the Boss Series , which is the most comfortable chair I have been using.

Last edited by Tech Guru (April 4 2018)

#10 April 4 2018

DNA

thank you for your replies, decided to wait a bit maybe i could squeeze a bit more or even buy a regular office chair i am thinking about going to my local furniture stores and check. i feel ripped off if i pay more than 200$ for a chair.
tech guru if you still have any maybe i'll buy one

Board footer