LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 March 27 2018

HzSamer

What ISP should i go with it ?

Hello everyone

I want to subscribe to an ISP and I read all the sticky threads about them and now I am confused.

I need a good internet for downloading and uploading in the first thing, Unlimited Night offer will be very good for me.

And in the second place, I want to play some online games like Overwatch - Battlefield 1

So what is the best option available for my usage?

Terranet- Sodetel - Cyberia - IDM:  offer Unlimited Night

Ogero's feedback on their facebook page is very bad.

so, any advice?

Last edited by HzSamer (March 27 2018)

#2 March 28 2018

AVOlio

Re: What ISP should i go with it ?

Ogero open speed, 200Gb plan.
You don't need to worry about Quota, I have this plan, my speed reaches 30mbps and I'm not maxing out the usage.
(I've limited the speed to all users in the house to 2mbps).

So go for Ogero.
And ask for a VDSL feasibility test, this will make your speed increase in open speed plans.

Or,
You can go with the unlimited plans.
They have 2mbps and 4mbps unlimited.
And its TRUE unlimited, unlike I'm sure all the ISPs you mentioned that cut your speed in half or more when you bypass a certain usage, even on unlimited nights.

And Ogero is the best option for gaming.
Don't even mention the names of the ISPs in your post when it comes to gaming (especially Sodetel, stay away).
Your average ping will be 100-110ms to Europe.
And you can further decrease it to 60-80ms by asking Ogero to turn off interleaving.

PS: of course all of the facts above are under the constraints of your location and distance from the co.

Last edited by AVOlio (March 28 2018)

#3 March 28 2018

Aly

HzSamer wrote:

Yes, because these are mostly ignorant people and they only know two words "النت بطيء".
I have been with several DSL ISPs in the past 10 years: IDM, Sodetel, Wise and now Ogero, by far Ogero is the best in terms of speed and stability.
Those who write these bad reviews cannot differentiate between ISP problems and bad infrastructure from their side (bad telephone lines, miserable in house wiring etc ..) therefore they always blame the ISP and probably they dont realize that even if they switch between ISPs they will still face the same issues.

#4 March 28 2018

Johnaudi

I’ve been a cyberia user for over 5 years, and recently switched to ogero. Thank god.

Their support may not be as good, and not 24/7, but you almost never need to contact them if you’re with Ogero as no problems arise.

#5 March 28 2018

alifawaz99

AVOlio wrote:

You don't need to worry about Quota, I have this plan, my speed reaches 30mbps and I'm not maxing out the usage.

So go for Ogero.
And ask for a VDSL feasibility test, this will make your speed increase in open speed plans.

Or,
And its TRUE unlimited, unlike I'm sure all the ISPs you mentioned that cut your speed in half or more when you bypass a certain usage, even on unlimited nights.

Don't even mention the names of the ISPs in your post when it comes to gaming (especially Sodetel, stay away).
And you can further decrease it to 60-80ms by asking Ogero to turn off interleaving.

PS: of course all of the facts above are under the constraints of your location and distance from the co.

Can we ask OGERO to enable interleaving on VDSL2 to get more speed?

#6 March 28 2018

AVOlio

@alifawaz99
If you did not ask to turn interleaving off in the first place then you don't need to cause its already going to be on.

But as far as I know, interleaving does not affect speed, only ping. It might affect stability for some users, but not speed (at least this was my case).

#7 March 29 2018

Hybrid

I'd pick Ogero anyday. Annoying unprofessional customer support but you almost never need them.

AVOlio wrote:

Try to remove the limit, see what will happen

#8 March 29 2018

alifawaz99

AVOlio wrote:

@alifawaz99
If you did not ask to turn interleaving off in the first place then you don't need to cause its already going to be on.

But as far as I know, interleaving does not affect speed, only ping. It might affect stability for some users, but not speed (at least this was my case).

I think interleaving is off since the ping is 8ms
It was like that from the beginning
But i think I might get some extra SNR (and some more Mbps) with more  when it gets enabled
But do you have an idea if they can enable vectoring on our line?
With vectoring we may exceed 50Mbps

#9 March 29 2018

AVOlio

Hybrid wrote:

Try to remove the limit,see what will happen

That's exactly why i put the bandwith control!

alifawaz99 wrote:

I think interleaving is off since the ping is 8ms
It was like that from the beginning
But i think I might get some extra SNR (and some more Mbps) with more  when it gets enabled
But do you have an idea if they can enable vectoring on our line?
With vectoring we may exceed 50Mbps

If you're pinging to google, it'll indeed give you 8ms since asaik google has servers here in Lebanon.
Or if you're speedtest-ing to local servers.

Try pinging to European links, or speedtest to european servers and see what's the ping.

#10 March 29 2018

alifawaz99

To Capacom Telecom Server, France in the speedtest app the ping is 58ms

#11 March 29 2018

AVOlio

alifawaz99 wrote:

To Capacom Telecom Server, France in the speedtest app the ping is 58ms

Then indeed interleaving seems to be off.

But as I said, I don't think turning it on will make a difference on speed (at least it didn't with me).

#12 March 29 2018

alifawaz99

@AVOlio do you have an idea if ogero has Vectoring? And if so how we can enable it? ;)

#13 March 29 2018

AVOlio

From what I remember since this rise of Ogero and the recent increases in speed plus the entry of vdsl etc...
I remember the ceo of Ogero mentioning that vectoring already comes with vdsl if you applied for vdsl.
But I'm not sure,
You can always tweet OgeroTelecom about it, or even the ceo himself @ikreidieh, he's very responsive.

#14 March 30 2018

alifawaz99

I'm pretty sure it's not on for all VDSL users at the moment. I asked them and they told me that vectoring will be enabled with FTTC only i don't know why

#15 March 31 2018

HzSamer

AVOlio wrote:

So go for Ogero.

Or,

Ok Thank you

I will go with Ogero but for the " VDSL feasibility test ", do you mean that I can have VDSL instead of ADLS if my line support it?

#16 March 31 2018

HzSamer

Aly wrote:
HzSamer wrote:

Yes, because these are mostly ignorant people and they only know two words "النت بطيء".
I have been with several DSL ISPs in the past 10 years: IDM, Sodetel, Wise and now Ogero, by far Ogero is the best in terms of speed and stability.
Those who write these bad reviews cannot differentiate between ISP problems and bad infrastructure from their side (bad telephone lines, miserable in house wiring etc ..) therefore they always blame the ISP and probably they dont realize that even if they switch between ISPs they will still face the same issues.

hahaha, you are right. I will go with Ogero and I hope it will be good in my situation.

Board footer