LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#3126 February 8 2018

Aly

Re: Feedback for Ogero

Issue is not fixed yet, IMEWE is being maintained and Imad Kreidieh didnt tweet anything about it being fixed.
Ogero subscriber here and witnessing speed and quality degradation between 5pm and 12:00 am (more or less).

Last edited by Aly (February 8 2018)

#3127 February 12 2018

dio

Is it just me or is the issue fixed? Past 3 days, the ping has been stable all day at 63ms, with 0 packet loss.

#3128 February 12 2018

xterm

Friday had numerous packet losses.
Yesterday, latency to Europe in overwatch between 120ms and 150ms.

I'm sad :-(

#3129 February 12 2018

Ahmad Toutounji

dio wrote:

Is it just me or is the issue fixed? Past 3 days, the ping has been stable all day at 63ms, with 0 packet loss.

The issue is fixed at least 2 or 3 days ago

#3130 February 12 2018

Aly

Yes had no problems playing online this past weekend, everything went back to normal (talking about Saturday- Sunday).

#3131 February 12 2018

vengeance666

Saturday too many disconnections for around 2 hours. Otherwise it is normal as far as I noticed.

#3132 February 13 2018

Chup

Yesterday speed and ping suffered, from 7:00pm till 12-1:00 am ish.
Dekwaneh CO

#3133 February 17 2018

infiniteloop

ADSL line is being very unstable the last 48h, it remembers me of when they started the new plans.
Ogero is really messy

#3134 February 19 2018

DG

Anyone with Ogero suffering from a slow download speed today ?

#3135 February 19 2018

Xsever

DG wrote:

Anyone with Ogero suffering from a slow download speed today ?

Yes I am in the Metn region. I can usually download at 1.4-1.7 MB/s but currently maxing out at 200 KB/s.

I sent them a message on Twitter and let's see what they say.

Last edited by Xsever (February 19 2018)

#3136 February 19 2018

Ahmad Toutounji

Yes, i'm in Tarik l jdide currently getting 0.1mbps max speed on some sites

#3137 February 19 2018

Aly

Yes it is slow as well here, there must be some maintenance somewhere or another international link went down as usual.

#3138 February 20 2018

Xsever

The speed recovered to its normal state by 12 AM. Let's see if it'll remain stable for today.

#3139 February 20 2018

Chup

I've had that problem on Thursday.
I sent them a DM on Twitter advising them that there was a problem, called them on Friday only to realize that they were on strike.
They re-contacted me yesterday saying "Hello" via DM, came back home, the problem was solved.

That's not the crazy part.

The crazy part is that the only website that didn't suffer any issues was Youtube.
Meaning i tried speedtest, steam, battlnet, microsoft download, everything suffered the download, except Youtube.

That's still not the crazy part.

My parents live in the same building with an IDM connection, they had the same issue.

Which brought me to the theory that either
A- maintenance on the CO
B- Strike related issue

Edit: I still don't know why Youtube was the only one that didn't suffer this speed issue.

Last edited by Chup (February 20 2018)

#3140 February 20 2018

dio

I dont know if this is related.

The net was fast, everything was fine, except Nvidia. I was trying to download a new driver for my GFX card, but it would only download at like 150kb/s, as opposed to 1.5mb/s.

So I tried Tunnel Bear, and it went up to 1.5mb/s. I don't know wtf is going on with them.

#3141 February 20 2018

alifawaz99

I think it's an international capacity issue.
And for the youtube and google services, we have a Google data center in Beirut which caches most youtube and google content. So most youtube traffic is considered local ;)

#3142 February 20 2018

RandomMemory

Yes youtube never slows down. It is always very fast. As for other stuff it is very weird, some parts work a bit slow but if you tunnel through a VPN the speed maxes out.

#3143 February 21 2018

dio

So I discovered something out.

During the whole mess last month when Ogero was having issues with packet loss and ping spikes during games, I was pinging through CMD lux.valve.net, and my ping would go to 75ms+ with a bit of packet loss. I tried connecting to Germany server through Tunnel Bear, and my ping dropped to 61ms with no packet loss.

Can someone explain how this is possible?

#3144 February 21 2018

RandomMemory

I'll tell you how, our ping to Spain was approx 58ms before this whole mess. After whatever happened we would get around 110ms to Spain and 80-ish to EU west. So what happened is you used a shorter route when you used tunnel bear than the one ogero was using to connect you directly

#3145 February 21 2018

dio

RandomMemory wrote:

I'll tell you how, our ping to Spain was approx 58ms before this whole mess. After whatever happened we would get around 110ms to Spain and 80-ish to EU west. So what happened is you used a shorter route when you used tunnel bear than the one ogero was using to connect you directly

Cool. Thanks for the explanation.

#3146 February 22 2018

DrCs68

Hey quick question, I am currently getting around 100 ping to west EU servers (sometimes 90 to France) , so if I want to turn Off interleaving it's just a matter of calling Ogero and asking them? And they should accept or there's a catch to it?
Also would like to know how long the process usually takes, based on your experience or knowledge.

Thanks.

#3147 February 22 2018

dio

You can either call or email someone. But i'd recommend calling because the results are a lot faster, almost instant. The guy will ask you to restart your router. That's all.

#3148 February 22 2018

Aly

DrCs68 wrote:

Hey quick question, I am currently getting around 100 ping to west EU servers (sometimes 90 to France) , so if I want to turn Off interleaving it's just a matter of calling Ogero and asking them? And they should accept or there's a catch to it?
Also would like to know how long the process usually takes, based on your experience or knowledge.

Thanks.

Just call 1515 and tell them you want interleaving off, or fastpath, they will understand.
Iv'e done it for my sister's DSL, the agent applied it instantly.
Iv'e done it for my own DSL, the agent told me it will take 48 hours to be applied, but a couple of hours later it was done.

#3149 February 23 2018

xazbrat

So quick question guys, my wonderful [sarcasm] technicolor modem has been randomly restarting (also doesn't hold the signal, frequent disconnects, wireless range is bad and a few other things)--so does this mean I should be looking for a new modem or are there some other factors that could be contributing to the problem?  I called Ogero a few days ago and they kept asking me how old the modem was so I am suspecting something.

#3150 February 23 2018

Ahmad Toutounji

xazbrat wrote:

So quick question guys, my wonderful [sarcasm] technicolor modem has been randomly restarting (also doesn't hold the signal, frequent disconnects, wireless range is bad and a few other things)--so does this mean I should be looking for a new modem or are there some other factors that could be contributing to the problem?  I called Ogero a few days ago and they kept asking me how old the modem was so I am suspecting something.

My Technicolor started doing these things after 3 years of usage,  i changed to tplink never regretted it

Board footer