LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 September 7 2007

battikh

cellphone advice

hellow
i'm planning to buy a new cellphone and want some advice...
what i mainly want is touchscreen, qwerty keyboard, wifi and 3G. i was thinking about the sony ericsson p1i but it's damn expensive (790$ in dubai). have also been thinking about o2 and htc phones, they have some nice processors (o2 has 600MHz processors), but i think i should better stay away from windows mobile...
for nokias, well, i'm not a big fan, i usually prefer sony ericsson. nokias are usually slow and bad at multitasking. and the N95 seems to have a cheap finishing, i feel it will break from it's 2nd fall.

any advice or suggestion is highly appreciated...
is it worth it to pay that much for the p1i?
are windows mobile phones less buggy and more reliable now?
should i go for something else?
thanks

Last edited by battikh (September 7 2007)

#2 September 10 2007

mir

Re: cellphone advice

nokias are usually slow and bad at multitasking

bad at multitasking  ?
what u use ur cell phone for ?

well.. i can't be that much of a help
i am not that good at cell phones .. even tho i have always wanted to be like my friend yalleh hafez kil shi ma fi phone models bil terikh
manneh hafza hata ra2m l nokia that i have

if you want touch screen .. i think u can't get touch screen w something anti kaser at the same time..cuz the screen tends to be big

check that famous linux device website where they list devices compatible with linoux
should be helpful

#3 September 10 2007

battikh

Re: cellphone advice

why multitasking?
browsing (multiple tabs)+msn+skype+word...

well, and u advised the linux thing a little too late, i went for the HTC tytn II. crossing my fingers that windows mobile 6 is a little more reliable than the previous versions...

Board footer