LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 January 2 2018

Isa Al

I can't access some websites from my home WiFi

Hello

I am having an issue recently which is I can't access some websites, which I own, from my home Wifi which is by Ogero. The issue goes and comes back so sometimes I can't access my sites for hours and then they work for a while, it's like that for the past few days. I tried all my devices at home and the websites don't open on WiFi, but if I am on 3G or different wifi, they work perfectly, so it's not a browser or device issue.

I checked with my domain and hosting providers and there are no issues at all and my IP isn't blocked by them and they told me the issue is with my ISP, so what should I do in this case?

#2 January 2 2018

nuclearcat

Re: I can't access some websites from my home WiFi

Did you tried over cable? Try to talk with Ogero support on twitter as well, if it didnt work.

#3 January 2 2018

xazbrat

I have run into a few dns issues (at least I think they are dns issues) on Ogero---try using something like zenmate or another vpn and see if you can access the site that way.  In fact, last week I couldn't access Ogero's website unless I ran the zenmate extension  Go figure.  I used one of those is this site down sites to figure out where my problem was.

#4 January 2 2018

Isa Al

nuclearcat wrote:

Did you tried over cable? Try to talk with Ogero support on twitter as well, if it didnt work.

I tried the cable now, and the internet didn't even work on my laptop in general, not sure why. I connected the cable gets into the router and tried again with the cable gets into the phone filter and no connection.

About Ogero, I talked to them and no answer

#5 January 2 2018

Isa Al

xazbrat wrote:

I have run into a few dns issues (at least I think they are dns issues) on Ogero---try using something like zenmate or another vpn and see if you can access the site that way.  In fact, last week I couldn't access Ogero's website unless I ran the zenmate extension  Go figure.  I used one of those is this site down sites to figure out where my problem was.

With VPN or any proxy site it works fine, just from my WiFi's IP it doesn't open.

#6 January 2 2018

xazbrat

Isa Al wrote:
xazbrat wrote:

With VPN or any proxy site it works fine, just from my WiFi's IP it doesn't open.

Keep rebooting your router and you may catch a good IP--it sometimes helps, at least more than Ogero support.

#7 January 2 2018

nuclearcat

Isa Al wrote:
nuclearcat wrote:

I tried the cable now, and the internet didn't even work on my laptop in general, not sure why. I connected the cable gets into the router and tried again with the cable gets into the phone filter and no connection.

You should not connect telephone cable into laptop or pc in any circumstances, even they fit.
I am talking about ethernet port.
If you managed to plug telephone cable to ethernet port - you definitely need qualified technician to assist on this matter.

#8 January 2 2018

Isa Al

nuclearcat wrote:
Isa Al wrote:
nuclearcat wrote:

You should not connect telephone cable into laptop or pc in any circumstances, even they fit.
I am talking about ethernet port.
If you managed to plug telephone cable to ethernet port - you definitely need qualified technician to assist on this matter.

I plugged the correct cable to the laptop, I didn't plug the telephone cable, I was talking about the internet cable that gets into the telephone filter adapter and not the telephone cable. But that didn't work, there was no connection, not sure why

Last edited by Isa Al (January 2 2018)

Board footer