LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 November 16 2017

yh2017

Switching to VDSL-Ogero

Hello,

i am subscribed to Ogero ADSL open speed, 200GB plan , the download speed is very good (varies between 9 and 15 mbps) but the upload is always below 1mbps, i applied for a feasibility test and apparently VDSL is available. I have a few questions:

-  Where can i buy a decent VDSL router in Beirut?
- The time it takes for the change ?
- I know it depends on the distance but what D/U speed should i expect?

And if anyone of you who is an ogero vdsl subscriber what should provide other than the vdsl router ? and what is the switching procedure in general?

Thank you

#2 November 16 2017

Makozak

Re: Switching to VDSL-Ogero

You can get routers from pcandparts : https://pcandparts.com/?s=router+vdsl&post_type=product

#3 November 19 2017

ms94

I asked them to switch me 3 months ago... they keep neglecting me. I reminded them i think 9 or 10 times (for real)   They keep giving a different excuse each time   

I got the archer VR400 from pcandparts.com for 190,000

#4 November 20 2017

yh2017

ms94 wrote:

I asked them to switch me 3 months ago... they keep neglecting me. I reminded them i think 9 or 10 times (for real)   They keep giving a different excuse each time   

I contacted them and they said i only need to change the router(i did not buy a new one yet), and then they will switch to vdsl. i dont know if i should go for it at this point.

How did you contact them , did you visit the nearest center or via phone?

Last edited by yh2017 (November 20 2017)

#5 November 29 2017

ms94

yh2017 wrote:
ms94 wrote:

I contacted them and they said i only need to change the router(i did not buy a new one yet), and then they will switch to vdsl. i dont know if i should go for it at this point.

How did you contact them , did you visit the nearest center or via phone?

Via their twitter account

#6 December 5 2017

DNA

Guys i wanna switch to VDSL, funny thing is that i called 1515 they said they dont know if my DSLam supports vdsl and that i should contact my central, so i called them no one had an idea what vdsl is and transfered me to the manager he said he have no info and will ask about details in the next meeting..
Anyway my question  is what is VDSL ping to first hop.
I am on fast path adsl and it is 7ms, Latency is important

#7 December 5 2017

AVOlio

DNA wrote:

Guys i wanna switch to VDSL, funny thing is that i called 1515 they said they dont know if my DSLam supports vdsl and that i should contact my central, so i called them no one had an idea what vdsl is and transfered me to the manager he said he have no info and will ask about details in the next meeting..

It's the same for me.

#8 December 6 2017

DNA

AVOlio wrote:
DNA wrote:

It's the same for me.

Nevermind the central manager just called me today to say that they cant give me VDSL, he talked about fiber lines i think he meant to say the backbone to the cabinet isnt good enough.
I  asked them about annex M to increase upload, lets say if they can enable it on my line.

#9 December 7 2017

dio

How does one swtich to VDSL? I have an ArcherV400 and im getting around 14mb/s at home. Am I viable?

#10 December 8 2017

yh2017

dio wrote:

How does one swtich to VDSL? I have an ArcherV400 and im getting around 14mb/s at home. Am I viable?

You need to contact ogero, i did it via twitter and asked for a VDSL feasibility test, after a few days they will send you the result (or remind them of the test). If it's feasible they should switch from there side.

Last edited by yh2017 (December 8 2017)

#11 December 8 2017

dio

Will it affect my latency? Currently have interleaving off and am getting 63ms.

#12 January 3 2019

chosen2k

Anyone has more information regarding this ?

#13 January 3 2019

Aly

Hello chosen2k, i was also intrested in getting vdsl from ogero, i have the open speed 200gb account and getting 15 mbps down and 1 mbps up, i tried to contact ogero and finally sent an email to thepeople@ogero and this was their reply:
=================
Dear Aly,

VDSL applications are processed through the corporate department, and while it would be possible to apply through them directly, we recommend checking your line's speed first.

Call 1515 from the landline then dial 121 after the first voice message, the operator there should be able to connect you to DSL support, try asking there first about your line's speed and whether they believe VDSL would be feasible.

Digitally yours,
=================

I did what they said, they gave me the number of Badaro central office (while i am connected to Chiah office) they said that Badaro office will do the feasibility test and will advise if am eligible to vdsl, indeed i called them and she took my Lnumber, landline number and said they will contact me back next week with the results.

#14 January 5 2019

wollyka

I contacted them though twitter (DM) and they did the test and sent me their reply through twitter too!!

Board footer