LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 November 24 2017

Brave_Heart

steam guard

hay guys
i recommend highly to use steam guard. my steam account got hacked from someone in Russia. they acted as a smart ass. they changed the phone number and email address. i was able to get it back by contacting steam support. i am just posting to warn you in order not to happen to you. the steam guard procedure is impossible to be broken since u will have a code changing every 10 seconds in ur steam app on any mobile device.

#2 November 24 2017

jibbo

Re: steam guard

how did they actually steal your account ?

#3 November 25 2017

vengeance666

Well, is there even anyone anymore not using steam guard or any 2 factor authentication in anything anymore? No offense but leaving any account protected by a "password" only in 2017 is lame.

#4 November 25 2017

Brave_Heart

i was using a patch for internet download manager which contained a trojen this is how i think they did it. yes me vengence  i wasnt using it much, and i knew i can get it if it was stolen. actually if he didnt change the password i would allowed him to use it, but he was greedy haha

#5 November 25 2017

vlatkozelka

I think if you've bought any game with that account you can get it back by contacting steam support. They will ask for credit card number. Had a friend who got locked out from his account and retrieved it that way.
Don't mention trojans to steam support though... try to keep them on your side.
Good luck

#6 November 26 2017

Brave_Heart

yes i was able to get it back. i sent them my details and my picture carrying my passport and it worked out. also i sent them an amazon purchase of assassin creed which was redeemed on steam

#7 November 26 2017

Kazouza

Brave_Heart wrote:

yes i was able to get it back. i sent them my details and my picture carrying my passport and it worked out. also i sent them an amazon purchase of assassin creed which was redeemed on steam

How long did it take them to reply at first?

#8 November 26 2017

Brave_Heart

second day they replied,but they were a bit dumb they haven't red all the details. they mentioned in the first reply that the phone number i provided is wrong. i replied by saying that u didn't red the detail. then they directly changed my pass mentioning that my account had been compromised.

Last edited by Brave_Heart (November 26 2017)

Board footer