LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 October 16 2017

sero

my first profitable website

Hello

I have an idea of a website (and a mobile app) that I think might be successful.
Profit will be from ads (from local Lebanese stores) I post on my page (similar to the ads on lebanonfiles)

Is it legal to just create the website/app and generate profit from without paying taxes or registering a company?

I am completely lost on the steps I need to make.
Do i need to register a new company for a single website/app that i created?
Do i need to pay freelance taxes or any kind of tax?
Do i need to register the website/app somewhere to reserve the right for the design/logos used?
Can i patent the webpage and its contents so no one creates something similar?

I have no idea how this works and I am sure many of you have already done this before. can anyone help?

#2 October 16 2017

dsoftware.king

Re: my first profitable website

will you be having a .com.lb address? if yes then you should be registered at the ministry of finance and commercial register

if not:
will you be providing your customers with invoices (for tax deductions)? if yes then you will have to register a company or an establishment otherwise they have to deduct 7.5% out of the invoice as a nonresident tax

#3 October 16 2017

dsoftware.king

specific patents can be done but once again you will have to register at chamber of commerce

#4 October 16 2017

sero

I won't have a .com.lb address

I guess I will provide customers with invoices. Not 100% sure of this. is it mandatory in your experience?
how much does it cost to register a company or establishment?

what do you mean by they in the following "they have to deduct 7.5% out of the invoice as a nonresident tax"
who will deduct this 7.5%?

as I mentioned, profit will be from local Lebanese business putting ads on the page. I am not sure if I will have a legal contract with them or give invoices upon payments.
what do you recommend?

Last edited by sero (October 16 2017)

#5 October 16 2017

Hybrid

I suggest you start without registering it, once you start making some profit and you're sure the idea gonna work, then become legal.

#6 October 16 2017

dsoftware.king

I reccomend that you do not register a any legal entity at this point as Hybrid suggested.

Now about invoices, consider this: if your targeting lebanese companies then they would be interested in obtaining an invoice for tax purposes( so they can deduct it as expenses). However, some companies are ok without invoices eapecially when it is immaterial to them

#7 October 17 2017

rolf

I have done some freelance work without registering. Sometimes customers ask for registration and tax number which can be a bit of an issue. But generally I think it's OK if you are starting and you are still small.

#8 October 17 2017

beezer

Good answers from all, about you patent idea, it won't work. Dealing with concept and digital ideas is a bit complicated and mainly only the US abides to it. So it won't help much

Board footer