LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 September 17 2017

TheLebGeek
Member

Reinstalling the legit Windows 10

Hey guys, so I have bought aLaptop that comes preinstalled with the original version of Windows 10. Anyways, I want to buy an SSD and switch the HDD that comes with the laptop to SSD. I understand that when I install the new hard disk, I will have a blank drive. Can please someone guide me how can I reinstall the windows 10 original version that I have? Appreciate any help!

Offline

#2 September 17 2017

jibbo
Member

Re: Reinstalling the legit Windows 10

You have to link it to your microsoft account,  ask for support they will help you with it.

Offline

#3 September 17 2017

Georges00
Member

Re: Reinstalling the legit Windows 10

Clone the drive?
Unless you want a clean and fresh install

Offline

#4 September 18 2017

TheLebGeek
Member

Re: Reinstalling the legit Windows 10

Georges00 wrote:

Clone the drive?
Unless you want a clean and fresh install

I do want to have a clean and fresh install

Offline

#5 September 18 2017

TheLebGeek
Member

Re: Reinstalling the legit Windows 10

jibbo wrote:

You have to link it to your microsoft account,  ask for support they will help you with it.

I've linked it to my Hotmail email. Is that enough? Now when i install the new drive and install windows 10 it will automatically activate with the email right?

Offline

#6 September 18 2017

jibbo
Member

Re: Reinstalling the legit Windows 10

TheLebGeek wrote:
jibbo wrote:

You have to link it to your microsoft account,  ask for support they will help you with it.

I've linked it to my Hotmail email. Is that enough? Now when i install the new drive and install windows 10 it will automatically activate with the email right?

i am not sure when replacing hdd, but when replacing motherboard, i had to remove the old board from my account and enable the new one.

Offline

#7 September 18 2017

Mayyad
Member

Re: Reinstalling the legit Windows 10

Clone and intsall then perform a clean install.
When asking about license skip it, the win 10 will get it from previous win.

Offline

#8 September 18 2017

beezer
Member

Re: Reinstalling the legit Windows 10

Easiest solution.

Mayyad wrote:

Clone and intsall then perform a clean install.
When asking about license skip it, the win 10 will get it from previous win.

Offline

#9 September 19 2017

MrClass
Member

Re: Reinstalling the legit Windows 10

You can extract the key from your current Windows. Replace disk and install the same Windows 10 edition and use the same key to license it. Cloning the disk is a much better solution though

Offline

#10 September 24 2017

tmash2
Member

Re: Reinstalling the legit Windows 10

You need proper software for cloning to avoid alignment issue which can hinder performance and access times.
Easeus software is one of the few that auto align, if you have Samsung SSD, then Magician does the job as well.

Offline

Board footer