LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 September 1 2017

Nightwing113

Disastrously bad latency when gaming - all games/ all regions

Hi,

Last month, everything with my connection was OK. I was able to play any time of the day with relatively good latency 80 - 100 to Europe servers ( Battlefield 1 for example).
Anyhow, for the last week when I am in dashboard the ping is good enough, but whenever I connect to ANY server the latency doesn't get anywhere lower than 300)

Anyone having the same problem?

#2 September 1 2017

TheLebGeek

Re: Disastrously bad latency when gaming - all games/ all regions

Nightwing113 wrote:

Hi,

Last month, everything with my connection was OK. I was able to play any time of the day with relatively good latency 80 - 100 to Europe servers ( Battlefield 1 for example).
Anyhow, for the last week when I am in dashboard the ping is good enough, but whenever I connect to ANY server the latency doesn't get anywhere lower than 300)

If you tell ogero they will blame your wires. What a coincidence that all our wires got degraded and bad in the same time!

#3 September 1 2017

Nightwing113

TheLebGeek wrote:
Nightwing113 wrote:

Hi,

If you tell ogero they will blame your wires. What a coincidence that all our wires got degraded and bad at the same time!

I forgot to add that the internet speed itself is VERY good and way better than last month but latency to games is just...
There is no one using the network, and I tried outside the peak times ( like 5 AM, and the latency is still very bad)

#4 September 1 2017

AVOlio

Who is your ISP ?

#5 September 1 2017

Nightwing113

AVOlio wrote:

Who is your ISP ?

A cable provider in the neighborhood

#6 September 1 2017

TheLebGeek

Nightwing113 wrote:
AVOlio wrote:

Who is your ISP ?

Give him a call and tell him about it

#7 September 1 2017

Johnaudi

Nightwing113 wrote:
AVOlio wrote:

Who is your ISP ?

Give me your WAN username, I have access to his database, I'll make sure I speed things up for you.

Note: he's caching everything, so don't expect the ping to get better. You hit a high speed on speedtest but can't go above 1M on fast.com, am I correct?

Last edited by Johnaudi (September 1 2017)

#8 September 4 2017

rolf

Maybe you were FUPed? Downloaded too much?
Where do you live? I think in Zahle it may be possible to get a good connection!

Board footer