LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 September 3 2017

Flakk

Libazon reviews

I saw this in an ad on Facebook, any thoughts ?

http://libazon.com/

#2 September 3 2017

RandomMemory

Re: Libazon reviews

Interesting, first time I've heard of this. Do you have any idea if all these product stocks are local or they are just scrapping data from ebay and they basically ship them to you.

Last edited by RandomMemory (September 3 2017)

#3 September 3 2017

xazbrat

Does look interesting and prices seem reasonable---I guess it is opening on the on Friday the 13th which seems sort of odd to me.

#4 September 3 2017

TheLebGeek

xazbrat wrote:

Does look interesting and prices seem reasonable---I guess it is opening on the on Friday the 13th which seems sort of odd to me.

Its a Wednesday

#5 September 3 2017

xazbrat

TheLebGeek wrote:
xazbrat wrote:

Its a Wednesday

Did that backwards or something--a Sunday brainfart.  My bad.

#6 September 3 2017

nefe_lpmk

I saw the ad and tested adding items to the basket. As soon as you add an item (eg.40$) + Tax (5$) + shipping (20$) were added to the price.
So the prices on display aren't really the true price.

#7 September 3 2017

RandomMemory

So they ship stuff from ebay and sell it to you. eh...

#8 September 3 2017

Adlouni

3. Shipping and Delivery

Most items ship from the United Kingdom these will be delivered in about 4-10 business days from the time of payment. Items shipped from outside the United Kingdom may take slightly longer. Your items will be delivered to the address you have provided us.

#9 September 3 2017

port80

Had my hopes up. Turned out to be another bullshit shipping website.

#10 October 6 2017

nefe_lpmk

Any updates on this, anyone tried them?
Thinking of ordering some random items that are not available in Lebanon.

#11 October 6 2017

nefe_lpmk

Update:  They also charge 2.5% will be charged for Card Processing Fees OR  2$->4$ OMT fees on checkout.

So overall price = Item price + tax(4-10$)+shipping (10-20$) + payment processing cost(2.5% or 2-4$)

#12 April 17 2020

BHW84

Hello,
i want to ask if anyone has any idea about Libazon? they say that you can pay in LBP via OMT and it is listed on OMT website. i need to know if anyone bought something from this Site? or any information or idea about it?
Thank you

#13 April 18 2020

Tech Guru

So Basically these are the total costs + the OMT transfer charges.  I think the prices are  reasonable compared to similar local competitors here like Shipped.io that ship from Amazon; they usually have higher prices by comparing the same product.

Edit: There is Also a hidden cost of 3 USD for Local deliveries , spotted under "Delivery Rates & Policies".

Libazon Inflates the base price in USD (expect it ti change) × multiply it by BDL current  official rate of 1500 to give the price in LBP adjusted to current currency devaluation. Payment in LBP always the way with them.

I think this taxes /shipmemt  are not  precise ,  since there system inflate the listed price in USD including other fees and adjust it to current inflation. 1102 for a 2070 super for example ×  1500 = current 2070 super  price ( 650USD × Adjusted Inflation). Taxes and fees is always USD 4 , Shipping Cost ranges from 10-20 USD. They are listed for " psychological factor"  that they are transparent. Since I tried different items same tax. I think the real tax and shipment are embedded in the sub-total price.

From  my experience , Shipped.io are very reliable which are their direct competitor: Comparing the two Libazon are usually 13-15 % cheaper  reaching 20 % in some items

I listed the above two items as an example ( same Item): Asus RTX 2070 Super .

With Them:  1,675,000 LBP
With Shipped.io:  1,937,000

Difference:  262,000 LBP
%Difference = (262,000 / 1,937,000) × 100 % = 13.5 %  which is usually the incraese on several other items too I was experimenting with ,  some more.

Libazon:
20200418-065106.jpg

Shipped.io:
Screenshot-20200418-070023-Shippedio.jpg

Here Are Some Questions:

Are Ebay sellers "trustful" ?, Amazon usually have verified purchasers and seller evaluation. How much time needed to arrive to here , and they will handle to door delivery ?

Is the max shipment cost , regardless of volumetric weight , is 20 USD ? Ordering something big for example will end up 20 USD too ?

Who is handling offshore shipment for them , which shipment courier?

Is there any warranty on DoA or RMA handling process ?

Best evaluation is from people actually ordering from Libzon and telling their overall experience. Sadly I didnot find any from my connections.
Highly Recommended for them to make a 50-50 payment split , 50 % on Checkout ( OMT or Card) and the other 50% Cash on Delivery to close the whole amount.

Last edited by Tech Guru (April 18 2020)

#14 April 18 2020

Flakk

Tech Guru wrote:

So Basically these are the total costs + the OMT transfer charges.  I think the prices are  reasonable compared to similar local competitors here like Shipped.io that ship from Amazon; they usually have higher prices by comparing the same product.

Edit: There is Also a hidden cost of 3 USD for Local deliveries , spotted under "Delivery Rates & Policies".

Libazon Inflates the base price in USD (expect it ti change) × multiply it by BDL current  official rate of 1500 to give the price in LBP adjusted to current currency devaluation. Payment in LBP always the way with them.

I think this taxes /shipmemt  are not  precise ,  since there system inflate the listed price in USD including other fees and adjust it to current inflation. 1102 for a 2070 super for example ×  1500 = current 2070 super  price ( 650USD × Adjusted Inflation). Taxes and fees is always USD 4 , Shipping Cost ranges from 10-20 USD. They are listed for " psychological factor"  that they are transparent. Since I tried different items same tax. I think the real tax and shipment are embedded in the sub-total price.

From  my experience , Shipped.io are very reliable which are their direct competitor: Comparing the two Libazon are usually 13-15 % cheaper  reaching 20 % in some items

%Difference = (262,000 / 1,937,000) × 100 % = 13.5 %  which is usually the incraese on several other items too I was experimenting with ,  some more.

Libazon:
https://i.ibb.co/hVpG6Y9/20200418-065106.jpg

Shipped.io:
https://i.ibb.co/RyYtcTn/Screenshot-20200418-070023-Shippedio.jpg

Here Are Some Questions:

Are Ebay sellers "trustful" ?, Amazon usually have verified purchasers and seller evaluation. How much time needed to arrive to here , and they will handle to door delivery ?

Is the max shipment cost , regardless of volumetric weight , is 20 USD ? Ordering something big for example will end up 20 USD too ?

Best evaluation is from people actually ordering from Libzon and telling their overall experience. Sadly I didnot find any from my connections.
Highly Recommended for them to make a 50-50 payment split , 50 % on Checkout ( OMT or Card) and the other 50% Cash on Delivery to close the whole amount.

Thanks for the useful input, I totally forgot about this website.

#15 April 18 2020

Tech Guru

#Update:

I communicated with them via their Whatsapp , and mentioned several questions and the gave me some clearifications. Though some points are still ambiguous.

Screenshot-20200418-085340-Whats-App.jpg
Screenshot-20200418-085353-Whats-App.jpg

#16 April 18 2020

ivy

I saw a post from a guy on Reddit that used their services and he was satisfied, with the pound going to shit and shipped.io charging 2250lbp/usd, their 1500lbp/usd is very interesting. I sent them an email as well just to be extra sure and idk, they really do seem legit.

#17 April 18 2020

ivy

Tech Guru wrote:

Libazon:
https://i.ibb.co/hVpG6Y9/20200418-065106.jpg

Shipped.io:
https://i.ibb.co/RyYtcTn/Screenshot-20200418-070023-Shippedio.jpg

Here Are Some Questions:

Just a headsup, their website mirrors ebay.co.uk, if you want to know more about a seller you can simply search for it over there. I'm more concerned about their shipping more than the seller since I can get all the info over on ebay.

#18 April 18 2020

wollyka

How can they make a profit if we are paying at 1507.5 rate?
For example the S20+ is around 3,300,000 LL, while it is listed at 1,750,000 LL??
https://libazon.com/shop/Samsung-Galaxy … 47503993-0
too good to be true? (even if we have to pay jomrak and activation ad shipment, it will still be cheaper!!)

Last edited by wollyka (April 18 2020)

#19 April 19 2020

Tech Guru

After Doing a small search Libazon seems a registered company in the UK

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/comp … ng-history

https://suite.endole.co.uk/insight/comp … uk-limited

They  have a Lebanese Director too which I communicated with her directly on LinkedIn:

Setting a UK firm in the UK is easy & doesnot cost much

https://www.linkedin.com/in/raja-al-khatib-51a127

Conversation:
20200419-174937.jpg

For TrustPilot:

I will take this  in grain of salt , since the positive feedbacks recently happened ,  and the company has been registered since 2017.  There are 34 in total ,oldest was in  March 2020.

https://www.trustpilot.com/review/libazon.com

Last edited by Tech Guru (April 19 2020)

#20 April 19 2020

infiniteloop

Still more expensive than if you ship directly with easyshop
I think nowadays with actual web purchase limits any Lebanese online shop should give a deposit option so you can add $$ every week/month and then buy whatever you want

#21 April 19 2020

Dan28

I added fujifilm x100f to cart on lebazon and shipped.io, it is 2,200,000 on lebazon and 3,900,000 on shipped.io.
Thats a major difference in price, have anyone tested it? and what if they took the omt money and never shipped the item? it's fishy they dont have a 50% before and after option.

#22 April 19 2020

wollyka

infiniteloop wrote:

Still more expensive than if you ship directly with easyshop
I think nowadays with actual web purchase limits any Lebanese online shop should give a deposit option so you can add $$ every week/month and then buy whatever you want

If you can pay online which you can't nowadays. Libazon has OMT option. But still if you are sending money from OMT in LL, how can they make a profit? Check the difference in prices for S20+ for example. 1,750,000 LL against 3,200,000 here (1000$)

Last edited by wollyka (April 19 2020)

#23 April 19 2020

m0ei

I don't know... it's really weird. I might pull the trigger and try them.

#24 April 19 2020

Dan28

m0ei wrote:

I don't know... it's really weird. I might pull the trigger and try them.

take one for the team, god bless you.

#25 April 19 2020

ivy

IMG-20200419-201013.jpg

Board footer