LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 July 28 2017

AVOlio

VDSL modem

I know this topic has been discussed many times, but i can't seem to find it anymore due to the internet topics being flooded with stats and snr margins and line attenuations!

anyway, to the guys who got a vdsl modem already, what modem did you get, for how much and from where?

#2 July 28 2017

Almighty

Re: VDSL modem

AVOlio wrote:

I know this topic has been discussed many times, but i can't seem to find it anymore due to the internet topics being flooded with stats and snr margins and line attenuations!

anyway, to the guys who got a vdsl modem already, what modem did you get, for how much and from where?

hello avolio, personally i have the tplink vr400 i got it from top technologies at $120 (dora). Now VDSL modem it is available at mojitech (tplink vr400 and vr900) and at pcandparts at a discount price 88$ exl vat (linksys x6200).

#3 July 28 2017

AVOlio

Almighty wrote:
AVOlio wrote:

hello avolio, personally i have the tplink vr400 i got it from top technologies at $120 (dora). Now VDSL modem it is available at mojitech (tplink vr400 and vr900) and at pcandparts at a discount price 88$ exl vat (linksys x6200).

I spoke to top technologies.
She told me vr400 costs 132$.
Though it's not available now.. Will be at the end of the month.
Are you sure you got it at 120$?

#4 July 28 2017

Almighty

AVOlio wrote:
Almighty wrote:
AVOlio wrote:

I spoke to top technologies.
She told me vr400 costs 132$.
Though it's not available now.. Will be at the end of the month.
Are you sure you got it at 120$?

i got it like 1 month ago, maybe it increased due to high demand.

#5 July 28 2017

nefe_lpmk

I got VR400 from top-technologies too.Its a good router.
Still haven't tested VDSL though

#6 August 5 2017

TheLebGeek

Guys how would i know that the router i will buy will be compatible with ogero ?? And also after i buy the new router i should take it to ogero for them to set it up right?

#7 August 5 2017

Kareem

I got the X6200... it's a piece of crap... or to be fair very average for the price. administration GUI is very simple and lacks basic features such as SNR / Attenuation and line sync stats.

#8 August 5 2017

wollyka

Did you try
http://ROUTER_IP_ADDRESS/SysInfo.htm.

(It works with the X1000)

Last edited by wollyka (August 5 2017)

#9 August 5 2017

Kareem

wollyka wrote:

Did you try
http://ROUTER_IP_ADDRESS/SysInfo.htm.

(It works with the X1000)

I know this hidden menu as I had the WAG320N but it doesn't work anymore. For it to work, I need to enable logging and reboot the modem and dig through the event logs. Only then it will display the stats.

Note that it doesn't display bit error rate  or other signal abnormalities. It doesn't show you the maximum possible sync speed etc...

Last edited by Kareem (August 6 2017)

#10 August 6 2017

AVOlio

Kareem wrote:

I got the X6200... it's a piece of crap... or to be fair very average for the price. administration GUI is very simple and lacks basic features such as SNR / Attenuation and line sync stats.

It didn't even have bandwidth control.
That's why I didn't buy it. And the price was 90$,no way I would have bought it.

Im expecting the vr400 beginning of next week.

#11 August 6 2017

nefe_lpmk

Kareem wrote:

Never buy a linksys modems/routers, they suck.

I tried it once (WAG series) , faced many problems: Not a good gui, web management session keeps asking for a password for no reason,  no useful network/wan info-(who is connected, DSL info, wireless info), had wireless issue where devices disconnects after 2min and had to dig around for a stable firmware for it to work and many more.

I got the TP-link VR-400 so far so good, only thing I miss is visual indicator on router when the internet is down, the internet led on the VR does not turn off (it did on the WAG).

To recap, skip buying linksys at all cost.

#12 August 6 2017

ms94

I have my eyes on the VR900. any idea where to get it from in Lebanon?
Also where is top technologies’ location?

#13 August 6 2017

AVOlio

ms94 wrote:

I have my eyes on the VR900. any idea where to get it from in Lebanon?
Also where is top technologies’ location?

Why?
It's overkill.

You can get it from top technologies dora, they will have a shipment of new router beginning of next week.

I will be getting the vr400.

#14 August 8 2017

AVOlio

I got the vr400 today.

and im having a really hard time trying to block access to certain websites in parental control.
Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.
Basically im aiming to block facebook and youtube, its working in the browser but not on the mobile apps.

In general, did anyone successfully figure out the trick of using parental control?

#15 August 9 2017

dio

Can someone explain to me how one applies to VDSL? is it even possible? I'm about 1km away from CO.

#16 August 9 2017

nefe_lpmk

Only possible with Ogero now and you need to push it or a wasta

#17 August 9 2017

Khalil7

guys if anyone had successfully flashed the tp-link vr400 with OpenWrt "LEDE-project" please share the procedure here.

#18 September 14 2017

amkahal

guys any cheap vdsl modem in lebanese market ? i don't need any special feature, even wireless performance is not important for me, i'll use it just as a modem and all other management goes to Mikrotik.

#19 September 14 2017

amkahal

by the way, initial vdsl2 tests give me 31M down and 8M up, very exciting !

#20 September 14 2017

TheLebGeek

amkahal wrote:

How are you testing vdsl if you don't have vdsl modem?

#21 September 15 2017

amkahal

TheLebGeek wrote:
amkahal wrote:

How are you testing vdsl if you don't have vdsl modem?

Ogero Tester > feasibility test

#22 September 15 2017

amkahal

i'm ready to buy a linksys x6200 from unsatisfied buyer here.

#23 September 15 2017

ms94

They told me its feasible more than 10 days ago. Called 6 times. Im still on ADSL :)

#24 September 18 2017

amkahal

a brand new TG589vn is on the way to me from Norway, for only $25, nice Deal :)

#25 September 25 2017

amkahal

a question for guys who already have VDSL:

how much the application fee is ? and what plans available for VDSL, are the same for ADSL ??

i'm asking because someone at OGERO call center told me things like i'm applying for a dedicated 1 Gbps account ;) (beddak tefda3 zyede 3an l awwal...bla bla bla) not professional at all.

Board footer