LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#101 November 12 2016

Moudimadi

Re: Feedback for 4G LTE

nuclearcat wrote:

Did you bought your phone in Lebanon?

No i didn't buy it from Lebanon, but my phone is unlocked, i've tried an mtc sim card and got 4G in beirut. but here in my area alfa has 4G and Mtc no.

#102 November 12 2016

Moudimadi

ballad wrote:

it's not a phone problem
they have a pool where a new subscription is put in 3g for the first day or two.
when alfa doesn't automatically recharge my internet and I have to recharge it manually, I am put in the 3g pool and when they recharge me automatically I go straight in the 4g pool.
They don't admit it but I've lived enough in this country and payed enough bills to notice it.

Thank you so much Ballad, then it's right that i should wait from 24 to 48 hours?

#103 November 12 2016

ballad

yea it will change by itself eventually

#104 November 17 2016

dav

my area just got 4G+
speeds between 50 and 70mbps for both download and upload

#105 November 17 2016

AVOlio

Do you need phones that support 4G+ or support for 4G is enough?

#106 November 17 2016

ManOwaRR

Dav , which area ?

#107 November 17 2016

Ahmad Toutounji

I can't help but notice , why the dsl is so slow and the mobile internet (3g and 4g) is so fast?

#108 November 17 2016

dav

AVOlio wrote:

Do you need phones that support 4G+ or support for 4G is enough?

4G+ is multiple 4G bands combined together... so if your phone supports multiple bands (used by alfa and touch) then you'll get 4G+ since they're using this technique

#109 November 17 2016

dav

ManOwaRR wrote:

Dav , which area ?

Achkout

#110 November 17 2016

dav

Ahmad Toutounji wrote:

I can't help but notice , why the dsl is so slow and the mobile internet (3g and 4g) is so fast?

dsl is slow because they don't want to upgrade the infrastructure...

#111 November 17 2016

ManOwaRR

because    4g bring way more money  10gb for 40$ <3

why  do they need to upgrade dsl , when they can milk us  for the rest of our life , simple logic

#112 November 19 2016

dav

ManOwaRR wrote:

why  do they need to upgrade dsl , when they can milk us  for the rest of our life , simple logic

yes

#113 November 25 2016

hadi

Apparently Touch has blocked VPN, i called and they transferred my case, i later got a call saying that VPN is not available for users, only corporate lines can get a vpn after approval of the ministry, anyone heard about this or a way to bypass it? VPN used to work before on mobile data so i'm not sure what happened now.

#114 November 25 2016

Georges00

hadi wrote:

Apparently Touch has blocked VPN, i called and they transferred my case, i later got a call saying that VPN is not available for users, only corporate lines can get a vpn after approval of the ministry, anyone heard about this or a way to bypass it? VPN used to work before on mobile data so i'm not sure what happened now.

Try changing connection protocol?

#115 December 18 2016

Nightwing113

Hi,
What's the latency using 4G when playing games like Battlefield , CS:GO   ? ( Assuming the nearest servers are in Germany ).
my best ping using a local cable service is 100ms the servers in Germany.

#116 December 19 2016

ManOwaRR

88-89 on 4g+ 69 on ogero , but with 4g+ no packet loss , with ogero there is

#117 August 4 2017

kfc

he new leaked plans (and yes these are only leaks, nothing official) are as follows:

Plan 1: 5 GB = $15/Month
Plan 2: 10 GB = $25/Month
Plan 3: 20 GB = $40/Month
Plan 4: 30 GB = $55/Month
Plan 5: 40 GB = $70/Month
Plan 6: 50 GB = $85/Month
Plan 7: 100 GB = $120/Month
How accurate are these leaks? We’ll have to wait and see to find out.

#118 August 4 2017

kfc

Are these plans logical? I really doubt.

they cant force those who are paying 9$ to spend 6 extra $ every month to get the service.

+prepaid cards for calls cost 10 and 15$!!!!

Last edited by kfc (August 4 2017)

#119 August 4 2017

Jhony

kfc wrote:

Are these plans logical? I really doubt.

they cant force those who are paying 9$ to spend 6 extra $ every month to get the service.

+prepaid cards for calls cost 10 and 15$!!!!

I believe the figures make sense but maybe just missing the cheapest option.  There should be an option that costs around 9$ and that will provide maybe 1GB

#120 August 4 2017

Khalil7

alfa new Weekly Data Bundles
plan 1: 500MB    5$
plan 2: 1.5GB     7$
plan 3: 5GB        15$

#121 August 4 2017

chassis

Khalil7 wrote:

weekly or monthly ??

#122 August 4 2017

kfc

chassis wrote:
Khalil7 wrote:

weekly or monthly ??

weekly

#123 February 23 2021

leburu

The batteries of the Ogero LTE tower in my village got stolen since mid September last year.

Contacted Ogero on multiple times now. It's the same story over and over again. They forward my message to the technical team and I am now friends with all the operators. I have been blatantly told for 2 or 3 times now "Mr. Enta bta3ref wade3 baladna..."
So you know what I'm dealing with.

Apparently there are 17 Ogero LTE towers that got their batteries stolen in the past months, as what one techincal guy told me during a recent call with them.

Personally, Yes of course I am affected like anyone else when my work is interrupted for 10-15 minutes each time the power cuts (not only when kahraba goes out, but even that split second when moteur goes off and kahraba comes makes the LTE tower reboot), for me it's more of a nightmare because each reboot makes my router sync with a 'cellid' that gives me slow speeds (3-6-10mb download) so I am forced to go outside every single time to reset my router and wait a few minutes for the router to connect to a 'good' cellid that gives me good speeds (40-50-60mb download).

So what do you recommend me to do to follow up this matter? Obviously tweeting Imad Kreidieh every few days isn't working lol, and I am yet to get a reply from him.

I think regardless of the country's financial situation, Ogero shouldn't be as inconsiderate and irresponsible as they have shown in this case, even though it seems like those batteries are somewhat expensive judging by what one friend told me.

Put yourself in my shoes... what next step will you take? I honestly want answers more than I want this to be resolved asap. You know, One step at a time in this country. But I need some advice on how to follow this issue because the situation is unbearable.

Last edited by leburu (February 23 2021)

#124 February 23 2021

NuclearVision

Maybe plan a 'moteur' subscription for the tower with fellow villagers?

#125 February 23 2021

leburu

NuclearVision wrote:

Maybe plan a 'moteur' subscription for the tower with fellow villagers?

But it will be the same thing no? Kahraba cuts out, 1 minute until moteur turns on, LTE tower reboots and takes 15 minutes to do so.

Board footer