LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 October 10 2016

Red7

Econet TV service

Hey, I just got a mail in which IDM advertizes the Econet service.
Here's the full details: http://www.idm.net.lb/news/premium_tv_c … _offer.asp

What do you think about the offer ?

Wasn't there a law about dish providers restricting this kind of service ?

#2 October 11 2016

Silentcontrol

Re: Econet TV service

i don't know about the laws but if you care about football BEIN sports is not available

#3 November 8 2016

Mayyad

Is someone subscribed to Econet? Does they provide a good service?

#4 November 8 2016

SandroEph

Hello Mayyad,
I suscribed to Econet a week ago, I'm satisfied until now of their service, the picture is good (some channels HD) and there is a good choice of channels for a fair price also the installation was fast and neat. Also you get a discount if you're an IDM/Cyberia customer. You can PM me if u need more specific infos.

#5 November 9 2016

Flakk

SandroEph wrote:

Hello Mayyad,
I suscribed to Econet a week ago, I'm satisfied until now of their service, the picture is good (some channels HD) and there is a good choice of channels for a fair price also the installation was fast and neat. Also you get a discount if you're an IDM/Cyberia customer. You can PM me if u need more specific infos.

Not all the channels are in HD ?

#6 November 9 2016

xazbrat

Do they require you to have their receiver or can you use your own?

That is a big turnoff for me atm

#7 November 10 2016

port80

xazbrat wrote:

Do they require you to have their receiver or can you use your own?

That is a big turnoff for me atm

Both cablevision and econet require you to get their receiver.

#8 November 11 2016

Silentcontrol

keep in mind no bein sports = no football channels and that is a turn off for me

#9 November 17 2016

xazbrat

Just following up---my receiver guy here said they had an offer here--$150 for the first 3 months (installation+equipment+subscription), and then 23k a month afterwards.  I am sort of curious on how you guys like the service thus far--I am liking that they have comedy central and syfy as part of their offerings.

thx

#10 April 7 2017

Red7

I am also interested in a follow-up if any subscriber passes by.

#11 July 14 2017

chosen2k

bump!
Any econet vs cablevision experiences & thoughts? (Note: don't care about bein)

#12 July 14 2017

Red7

I sent a mail to Econet from a long while and no answer so I guess it's a nope.

#13 July 17 2017

Mayyad

chosen2k wrote:

bump!
Any econet vs cablevision experiences & thoughts? (Note: don't care about bein)

Hi
I had experience with both.
Cablevision has its HD channels in 1080I and econet have the most of them in 720P (each has advantages and disadvantages).

But for unknown reason the hd channels on cablevision get lost at night it happened for me and for someone else. Even after having a bigger dish the signal at night drops below 60%.

I am now subscribed with econet, they obligate the client to use their own receiver which is very crappy and you can't switch to another because thr subsribtion card is tied with the receiver and it is the same way as cablevision thats what they call (secure broadcast).

Econet and cablevision have mainly the same subscribtion price (if cablevision subscribtion is without bein and majestic packages) and econet have this feature that you can add up to three additional reveivers for a 3000 lebabese pound per month plus the receiver price.

The HD in my opinion was prettier on cablevision and if there was no problem i think that i stayed with cablevision maybe i should called the company to solve the problem but instead i called the dealer to fix the problem with no success.

#14 July 18 2017

chosen2k

Hey Mayyad thanks for your answer, so you're not having any signal problems or channels getting lost in Econet right? Technically, for more than 1 TV econet offer is better than cablevision since the latter wants you to pay the same amount for the second TV.

One more question in which area are you?

#15 July 18 2017

Mayyad

chosen2k wrote:

Hey Mayyad thanks for your answer, so you're not having any signal problems or channels getting lost in Econet right? Technically, for more than 1 TV econet offer is better than cablevision since the latter wants you to pay the same amount for the second TV.

One more question in which area are you?

No, the signal is great and i had no channels getting lost at least the ones that i mostly watch.
From time to time the signal get lost for a few seconds maybe the power turned off or some technical problem but it rarely happened and last for a few seconds.

I live in bshamoun.

Board footer