LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1701 June 12 2017

LifeEngineer

Re: What are you playing these days ?

quad wrote:

This War of Mine.

Yeah, it's an indie, and a sub-GB game, but it's quite... Intruiging...

One of the best! I bought it on my ipad and got it in the free monthly PSN+ on my PS4! Awesome game and very different/unique!

#1702 June 12 2017

Ahmad Toutounji

Playing rocket league and lol only these days on my pc

#1703 June 13 2017

Totoro

No PUBG players here? I really found this game to be a lot of fun when played with other people.

#1704 June 13 2017

Tech Guru

Playing Injustice 2 Ultimate Edition (You get + 9 DLC Fighters - RedHood is unlocked today) on the Playatation 4 Pro Awesome Graphics , HDR , Gameplay , running at 1440p / hdr / 60 fps. A hight recommended fighting game , and I personaly find it mych better compared to Tekken 7.

Last edited by Tech Guru (June 13 2017)

#1705 June 13 2017

ManOwaRR

Much better than Tekken 7 :/ if anything tekken 7 is tge best fighting  game ever made , injustice is fun but technicaly speak tek7 is way ahead

#1706 June 14 2017

Elied

Recently started playing Heroes of the Storm. Coming from years of LoL and Dota gameplay it is quite the nice change of style to the regular MOBA play.
Would recommend to anyone looking for something new to try out.

#1707 June 14 2017

Tech Guru

ManOwaRR wrote:

Much better than Tekken 7 :/ if anything tekken 7 is tge best fighting  game ever made , injustice is fun but technicaly speak tek7 is way ahead

Core Fighting Mechanics , Tekken Wins. However fun factor , characters , single player story , animations , graphics , add ons , customization of the gear Injustice 2 wins.

#1708 June 14 2017

user

Playing Rimworld. It's a very nice game, even though it is in Alpha.

#1709 June 14 2017

RandomMemory

Totoro wrote:

No PUBG players here? I really found this game to be a lot of fun when played with other people.

PUBG is a really good game, I'm at 30 hours now.

#1710 July 7 2017

tiny fx

Online multiplayer is mostly overwatch these days, with the occasional bf1 or heroes of the storm match thrown in.
Offline: Bought Dark souls 3, Totalwar: warhammer, and xcom:enemy unknown during the steam sales and am downloading them now, I also still need to finish alien isolation, so these should keep me busy for a very long time considering the little time I'm spending on my pc these days unfortunately

#1711 July 7 2017

MohZz

Online:
FPS: Lawbreakers (Beta is off now, waiting for release) it's a fun fast paced arena game which if marketed and balanced correctly will be lots of fun and get decent player pool.
MMO: FFXIV / TESO
MOBA: MXM (Master X Master) it's a newly released action MOBA from NCSOFT with it's variation and style. It's fun and fast with PvE and PvP content which is kind of decent. It's like Battlerite and LoL having a baby.
CCG: In between Shadowverse, Elder Scrolls Legends and GWENT.

Offline:
FPS: Metro series (taking it slow paced) re-playing them in preparation of the incoming Metro Exodus in 2018
RPG: Nier:Automata decent game I recommend it
Dark Soul series after I'm done with Nier
Darkest Dungeon a nice tactical turn based RPG with the newly released DLC The Crimson Court

#1712 July 7 2017

silo_m8

MohZz wrote:

Please tell me you're planning to play it more than once.

Last edited by silo_m8 (July 7 2017)

#1713 July 7 2017

MohZz

silo_m8 wrote:
MohZz wrote:

Please tell me you're planning to play it more than once.

OFC I am. Intending to playthrough every ending ;)
It's an awesome game and must have for any RPG enthusiast.
The game mechanics and story are just great imo.

Edit: Also forgot to add the OST is one of the best OST's in gaming industry, as was in the first original Nier.

An off-topic question:
Anyone has any idea if and when would there be a PC release for the remastered Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy?
(They didn't say it's a PS exclusive only that it'll be first released on the PS)
Besides nowadays (as also seen at E3 this year) exclusive titles are rare now, even the sequels of original exclusive titles are heading towards other platforms. (exclusivity is through ahead release and some additional items which you can be acquired upon release on other platforms, eg Destiny 2 and Monster Hunter World)

Last edited by MohZz (July 7 2017)

#1714 July 9 2017

elchebib

Done with Bloodborne The Old Hunters DLC. Impressions: its more Bloodborne. Enough said. Awesome gameplay. Creepy atmosphere and very hard enemies. Even with my high level character, I had trouble dealing with the standard enemies and the bosses. But awesome DLC regardless and highly recommended to people who like these genres.

Done with Final Fantasy XV Episode Gladiolus DLC. Impressions: meh. Short slow repetitive DLC that is not worthwhile even if you are a fan. Not recommended.

Done wkth Mass Effect: Andromeda. Impressions: awesome game. A great addition to the Mass Effect series. The story and gameplay are great. Graphics is good at times but human facial animations are wonky and can be off-putting at times. Regardless, they did not bother me that much and the story/gameplay more than made up for its shortcomings.

Moving to

Crash Bandicoot N sane trilogy

Continuing a bit of Overwatch from time to time

All on PS4

#1715 August 12 2017

Truepeace

Do you guys know any good gaming network in Dekwene area?

#1716 August 12 2017

AVOlio

Truepeace wrote:

You have 2 to my knowledge.
1 in Dallas Station roundabout, next to Blom bank.

2 is scratch 2.0, start of nefaah Street from the side of Salome, next to the gas station and sgbl.

#1717 August 12 2017

Tech Guru

I am playing a Sony Exclusive "Horizon Zero Dawn "  on the PS4 Pro , awesome gameplay and graphics on a 55inch HDR 4k TV.

From the Owner of a PS4 Pro linked to a 55 inch 4k HDR TV and an owner of a High End PC Gaming & from my experience I will sum everything in few sentences:

A game running at 4K/60 thanks to the brute force of an overclocked 1080ti/7700K is not necessarily a "technical masterpiece".

However a game such as Horizon Zero Dawn  delivering this level of IQ/performance on a console with essentially an outdated mobile CPU with 4.2tf GPU is impressive. A console which costs approx 30% of a Titan X.

Second,

A single 1080ti is not "enough" for 2160p you need to reduce Quality setting  to have a locked 60fps to high , disable AA  (FXAA i donot consider it any AA  solutio since it adds a blur layer as a fake mask on jagged ) , disable Nvidia HBAO+..

Examples:

1080 Ti still isn't enough for 4K/60fps/max settings

#1 Edited by Juub1990 (5892 posts) - 2 months, 13 days ago

Those thinking/hoping) the Scorpio will deliver that are in for a rude awakening especially with its weak-ass CPU.

A 1080 Ti cannot get anything resembling 60fps at max settings in 4K in the latest games. Games are only going to get more demanding from here on out so I don't expect its performance to improve with newer games but I do expect it to improve in older games with driver updates.

-The Witcher 3: Nope. 40-45fps on max settings(granted Hairworks chips away at performance). If you turn down Foliage Visibility Range to Medium and Hairworks off you will flirt with 60 in the least demanding scenes.

-The Division lolnope: Again, 40-45fps at max settings Even dips in the high 30's. That's without junk like NVIDIA PCSS or HBAO+.

- Rise of the Tomb Raider: No. 45-50.

- Gears of War 4: Insane settings are out of the question. Ultra averages about 50 fps. Turning down HBAO+, Screenspace Reflections and Shadows a notch nets you a pretty consistent 60fps in 4K.

- Assassin's Creed Unity: In 2017, still a no. HBAO+ and Soft Shadows will make sure you don't get 60fps but it's close enough and hangs around 50-55.

- Crysis 3: Very close. but might see dips in the low 50's.

- Far Cry Primal: Very, very, very close. Might as well say yes. Stays at 60fps almost all the time but might dip in the mid 50's when things ramp up.

- Watch_Dogs 2:Except when you crank up "Extra Details(which I still have no idea what it's supposed to do), then performance drops down a cliff.

The results aren't surprising. The latest games will always aim to bring the latest top of the line GPU's to their knees. 4K/60fps/max settings across the board will likely become a thing only when 4K will start to be phased out in favor of a higher resolution or new gimmick

Third ,

Nvidia Volta might tip that with ddr6  ( tipping 16Gbps) , newer architecture and more cuda cores .. I recently sold my 1080ti for that reason , remember when the 1070 dropped it tipped titan X  maxwell performance with half the price , I suspect the 2170 will do the same with the 1080ti so how about a 2180 with an increase  in performance over the current 1080ti ?

#1718 August 12 2017

Truepeace

AVOlio wrote:
Truepeace wrote:

You have 2 to my knowledge.
1 in Dallas Station roundabout, next to Blom bank.

2 is scratch 2.0, start of nefaah Street from the side of Salome, next to the gas station and sgbl.

Okay thanks a lot

#1719 August 17 2017

jibbo

Playing Dark Souls 3, with 36 hours of gameplay as of now, this is the best single player game i have played so far.

I player rise of tomb raider before that, while the graphics were very good, i didn't enjoy the gameplay so much, too much hand holding, doesn't feel rewarding, i thnik i played it on hardest, and only died a few times throughout the whole game, i just wanted to get through it and be done with it.

I will be playing Dark Souls 3 for a while now i think :)  and will probably play the previous 2 later on.

Last edited by jibbo (August 17 2017)

#1720 April 18 2019

nefe_lpmk

Reviving this thread, I am starting Dying light and Witcher 3. Late night after work playing sessions ^

#1721 April 18 2019

mohammadk97

Currently playing Evil Within 2 and Divinity: Original Sin 2.

#1722 April 18 2019

Joe

Enjoy Witcher, I love this game.

I'm *still* playing Skyrim.

Edit: Oh and if anyone plays board games, that's the game I'm obsessing about

Last edited by Joe (April 18 2019)

#1723 April 18 2019

LifeEngineer

Just tried pubg mobile on PC using the officical tencent emulator, it's fun!
Playing Battlefield 5 on PS4 mainly.
Playing Assetto corsa and Project cars 2 on PC (a steering wheel, seat etc...)

#1724 April 20 2019

Jerome

Doto all the time
Alt-tab my Mount&Blade campaign while queuing or waiting for the 5th

#1725 April 20 2019

Tech Guru

Some PS4 Pro and Sony X930e  4k HDR time.

Some Solid Discounts.

Assassin's Creed Odyssey Gold Edition from 99 USD to  33 USD for 4 days

Got Days Gone ( PS Exclusive ) - Deluxe Edition for 70 USD ,Playable on the on the 26th of April.

UV8J9r5.jpg
cGat1Er.jpg
SgMl6AL.jpg
wpkMXeQ.jpg
7eJ9kBj.jpg

Board footer