LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#3376 May 24 2017

nuclearcat

Re: Internet in Lebanon - General Questions

Give everybody his monthly quota and let them watch out consumption. Whoever use extra out of his cut - he put in box for Ogero payments from his pocket for extra consumed GB's.

#3377 May 24 2017

kfc

Mom wrote:

So you guys are saying we can learn how to manage our quota!

My friend let's face it. A game of Dota2 or CsGo takes up to 120MBs, so let's say someone like me plays at least 150 games a month these will be close to 18GBs, so 22GBs left, and i forgot to mention the updates to these games, then you have the members of your family, nobody wants to watch youtube, what about spotify? Or maybe Netflix, and twitch? Every hour of streaming on 360p consumes up to 300MBs, and there is Instant Messaging, you don't want to download any softwares, new games that you buy? GTA V is around 60GB what would you do in this case ?

Tell me in this case how can i manage my quota, where saying to my family not to use any kind of social networks, or watching youtube or me reducing my gaming hours is not possible?

play less and do something more useful instead!

#3378 May 24 2017

nosense

kfc wrote:
Mom wrote:

My friend let's face it. A game of Dota2 or CsGo takes up to 120MBs, so let's say someone like me plays at least 150 games a month these will be close to 18GBs, so 22GBs left, and i forgot to mention the updates to these games, then you have the members of your family, nobody wants to watch youtube, what about spotify? Or maybe Netflix, and twitch? Every hour of streaming on 360p consumes up to 300MBs, and there is Instant Messaging, you don't want to download any softwares, new games that you buy? GTA V is around 60GB what would you do in this case ?

Tell me in this case how can i manage my quota, where saying to my family not to use any kind of social networks, or watching youtube or me reducing my gaming hours is not possible?

I have a full time job and I play at least 3 games of dota daily, you don't tell us how to live our lives

#3379 May 24 2017

Raficoo

So no tweets and no news, can we can assume today's meeting was the "usual"?

#3380 May 24 2017

kfc

aliessayli2 wrote:
kfc wrote:
Mom wrote:

I have a full time job and I play at least 3 games of dota daily, you don't tell us how to live our lives

Well i have a job too and i earn an average salary that doesnt allow me to do everything I want all the time. I learnt to manage it .

You can do the same.

#3381 May 24 2017

Korok

All this talk about managing your quota and am here thinking, why do you care the unlimited plan didn't disappear it is still there. If you are really going to pass the 200g quota just go unlimited nothing have changed.

#3382 May 24 2017

Mom

kfc wrote:
aliessayli2 wrote:
kfc wrote:

Well i have a job too and i earn an average salary that doesnt allow me to do everything I want all the time. I learnt to manage it .

You can do the same.

I have a job as well and i want to play 15 games, it's my life, instead of going out i just want to play games my friend, that's easy! And today i called and asked about the unlimited plan from IDM the support said that it has FUP, then why is it called unlimited, we are just stuck in the same circle and it's really bad if you really think it's ok to get 20 mbps with 40GB then i really don't understand how are you going to live with it, or you'll pay around 1000$ a month for ut which is really not worth it, because if you compare our internet to any other country you would really see the difference, our internet is not worth a single penny!

Edit: Thank you Ali!

Last edited by Mom (May 24 2017)

#3383 May 24 2017

AVOlio

Guys let's save all these arguments until after the new plans take place.
And I don't think that day will come anytime soon.

#3384 May 25 2017

Mom

AVOlio wrote:

Guys let's save all these arguments until after the new plans take place.
And I don't think that day will come anytime soon.

Totally true

#3385 May 25 2017

Ahmad Toutounji

#3386 May 25 2017

nas93

The week after next week maybe. Why all the hype? Their changes are nonsense stop hyping this stuff.

Last edited by nas93 (May 25 2017)

#3387 May 25 2017

Ahmad Toutounji

jumping up from 2mbps to +20-30 mbps is not nonsense

#3388 May 25 2017

Mom

Ahmad Toutounji wrote:

It is not nonsense, but it is at the same time because of the quota that they are giving with this speed i bet you would spend your 40 GB within a week , Correct me if i am wrong!

#3389 May 25 2017

Ahmad Toutounji

guys if you don't want fast speeds because you are concerned about usage you can force sync the modem to 1.5mb :)

#3390 May 25 2017

Ahmad Toutounji

you are somewhat right the quota is bad but we gotta survive with that we are given

#3391 May 25 2017

infiniteloop

So it's all about the final private ISPs decision to implement the unlimited night option or not, if they really give us this option then the new plans are a real good thing and a step forward, but if they abandon the unlimited night option I am sorry but mathematically it's more expensive than actual plans.
They can propose it either:
-3 to 6$ per month but the speed i capped to 1/2 max speed or 8mb/s
-8 to 10$ per month and they keep the speed as it's

Last edited by infiniteloop (May 25 2017)

#3392 May 25 2017

Ahmad Toutounji

Mom wrote:
Nemesis-301 wrote:
Ahmad Toutounji wrote:

Dont bother man, some people are just pessimistic hypocritical idiots who will still find something to nag about even if you give them open speeds + unlimited quota for 10$..... typical lebanese

I would pay 50$ for an internet that has 20mbps and 100 GB of quota in Lebanon! and would not nag about it

you will get max 70mbps speed(depend on your line) with 200gb quota for 50$

#3393 May 25 2017

jsaade

Ahmad Toutounji wrote:
Mom wrote:
Nemesis-301 wrote:

Dont bother man, some people are just pessimistic hypocritical idiots who will still find something to nag about even if you give them open speeds + unlimited quota for 10$..... typical lebanese

I would pay 50$ for an internet that has 20mbps and 100 GB of quota in Lebanon! and would not nag about it

you will get max 70mbps speed(depend on your line) with 200gb quota for 50$

70mbps? on copper? The last tests showed a max of 16mbps and that is a max. Realistically, the majority will be lucky to get to 8mbps with our current infrastructure.

#3394 May 25 2017

Ahmad Toutounji

16mbps on adsl2+ , on vdsl2+ the speed is max of 70mb, for example my line can handle 14-15mb right now but on vdsl2+ it will be 40-50mb

Last edited by Ahmad Toutounji (May 25 2017)

#3395 May 25 2017

jsaade

Ahmad Toutounji wrote:

16mbps on adsl2+ , on vdsl2+ the speed is max of 70mb, for example my line can handle 14-15mb right now but on vdsl2+ it will be 40-50mb

Maybe I am late to the conversation, I tried to read previous comments, but where does Imad Kreidieh promise vdsl2+ implementaion?

#3396 May 25 2017

Ahmad Toutounji

it is already implemented according to what he said, but it needs a new modem

Last edited by Ahmad Toutounji (May 25 2017)

#3397 May 25 2017

kfc

Mom wrote:
Nemesis-301 wrote:
Ahmad Toutounji wrote:

They are giving you much better than 100GB for 50$!!

They are giving you:

-100 GB for 30$
-150 GB for 40$
-200 GB for 50$

with open speed in the 3 cases!

So what are you complaining about exactly?

#3398 May 25 2017

Draguen

Most people achieved between 8 to 10 mb during the unleash the speed, and frankly i have tons of friends whose Internet connection barely reaches 2mb at best and is very unstable.

#3399 May 25 2017

Raficoo

That feel when my line stayed at 2 mb during the test and it'll be months before they even consider considering adding an active cabinet in my area ;-;

#3400 May 25 2017

Draguen

@raficoo, how do you know where an when the next cabinets will be installed?

Board footer