LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 May 23 2017

ravenstone

Hello, looking for retro devices.

Hello All,

I'm Ray and I was born in the 80's, a big chunk of my childhood was spent playing and fiddling around with my Commodore 64 and my Atari 65XE.

Sadly enough my mom decided to throw them away when they became less used (due to the introduction of PCs). Now and to quench my Nostalgia I'm looking if someone on this board still have a C64 or an Atari 65XE that they are willing to part with (sell)?

Thanks,

Ray

#2 May 23 2017

Johnaudi

Re: Hello, looking for retro devices.

Hello and welcome!

Have you tried the Emulators on PC?

#3 May 23 2017

ravenstone

Yes of course, I want the hardware for purely sentimental values :)

Thanks,

R

#4 May 23 2017

rolf

ravenstone wrote:

Hello All,

I'm Ray and I was born in the 80's, a big chunk of my childhood was spent playing and fiddling around with my Commodore 64 and my Atari 65XE.

Sadly enough my mom decided to throw them away when they became less used (due to the introduction of PCs). Now and to quench my Nostalgia I'm looking if someone on this board still have a C64 or an Atari 65XE that they are willing to part with (sell)?

Thanks,

Ray

Hi Ray, I'm also from the same "era".
I had an Atari 800. Here is what an Atari 800 system looks like, but I think that I had the main unit, a Joystick, and the floppy reader.
I never had one with a tape reader, sadly! I thought that was pretty cool.

s-l1200.jpg

Old (working) consoles have some vintage value now. I'll try to see what happened to it.

Later, I had a PC (pre-Pentium). I found this site where you can play old games, and compiled a list of the ones I remember playing:

https://archive.org/details/fav-rolfen&tab=collection

Welcome here!

Last edited by rolf (May 23 2017)

#5 May 24 2017

ravenstone

Thanks rolf,

Appreciate the link, keep me posted if you run into any retro device (they don't have to be fully operational)

Board footer