LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 May 23 2017

Hosni

Studying abroad vs Continuing here

Hello all,
i'am in a dilemma and would like to hear your thoughts, currently i'm in the final semester of my university studies (B.s in mechanical engineering) and i'm lost between continuing my master in mechanical engineer in order to join the order of architect and engineer or continuing my study outside (Australia) but the catch is that in Australia the degree is an MBA in global project management(2 years program) so i'cant join the order. if u have any thought about the subject please share.

#2 May 23 2017

hkbazzi

Re: Studying abroad vs Continuing here

Leave Lebanon do it outside, while studying for your masters land an internship. Once you land one, make them love you to keep you there and stay away from Lebanon's horrible market

#3 May 23 2017

RandomMemory

Leave. There's nothing worth staying here for except for parents.

#4 May 24 2017

Hybrid

Any chance you have to leave, take it

Last edited by Hybrid (May 24 2017)

#5 May 24 2017

Draguen

If you have an opportunity outside, and can live without your family and friends for a while, don't hesitate a single second

#6 May 25 2017

rolf

Well now everybody has read 5 lines about you and they all seem to be confident about what you should do.
I wonder, how do they know enough about you, to be so confident of what is best for you?

As for your dilemma, good luck.

#7 May 26 2017

chassis

i recently had to decide between continuing my MBA degree here in lebanon (LAU) (which i had already started and completed 1 year ) and leaving for italy to do a Masters degree in international business and enterpeneurship(i got acceptance into a university)..it is a 2 year program... so my dilema was continue my MBA and stay in my pretty good job (internal auditor in a bank) or leave my loved ones and work experience and life here to "gain an international degree"... and you know what ? i learned that we are still young for masters degrees and especially leaving our country to do masters there... infact staying here and getting actual work experience while you do your masters is more benificial....but hey that's just my oppinion.... and let me add one thing don't let lebanese negativity cloud your judgement, many people here talk the talk but when push comes to shove they don't walk the walk

#8 May 29 2017

nefe_lpmk

If your leaving for a degree then coming back to work for Lebanon , you will not benefit as much.
Most of the Lebanese market doesn't care about your degree, they only care about how many x number of years you have in the field. And even if they recognize it, it won't be this much of a salary increase if not less from working here + local masters.

Board footer