LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1026 April 11 2017

infiniteloop

Re: AliExpress in Lebanon

Draguen wrote:

Hey guys, are you receiving your items normally? I have one item stucked since 21/03 and the other one since 24/03 listed as "arrival at destination country"

For some reasons other items are passing but not these two.

A co-worker is in the same situation, items vary from a tea infuser to a cheap cellphone.

Also, do you know if we can contact the airport directly like we can call libanpost?

My item arrived yesterday morning at destination country LB, but still nothing new, either aliexpress is giving false information or there are too much pressure on the customs these days that they put our items on waiting list, knowing they will be on vacations for 5 days it will grow up even bigger pressure on the customs

#1027 April 12 2017

yssf

Hi, I am about to make my first purchase with aliexpress, but the item that I want to buy is shipped by PostNL and shipping is $5.66. Does anyone have any feedback with PostNL ? And does anyone know if I will have to pay customs if shipped by PostNL ? Thanks

#1028 April 12 2017

Draguen

Hey, usually everything that has "post" is safe : swiss post, China post ect...

Just stay away from DHL, aramex, FedEx ect... Also you will notice that it's way more expensive to ship using the latter insead of the former.

#1029 April 13 2017

infiniteloop

Hey Draguen any news about your products?
I have 2 items frozen for 3 days now with ''arrival at destination country'', libanpost is saying it's still in Singapore but Singapore Post and aliexpress are saying it's in Beirut, could it be that our good Lebanese customs are freezing intentionally stuff from aliexpress to please OLX sellers (who are selling lot of cheap aliexpress items for 4x the price)?

#1030 April 13 2017

Draguen

Still the same, since the 21...

I suspect that i will hit the 1 month mark, lose hope and end up getting a refund.

Same for my co-worker's.

Last edited by Draguen (April 13 2017)

#1031 April 13 2017

infiniteloop

Draguen wrote:

Still the same, since the 21...

I suspect that i will hit the 1 month mark, lose hope and end up getting a refund.

Same for my co-worker's.

Did you ask your seller? Sometimes they  know tracking better than aliexpress system, if they confirm it's in Lebanon since the 21th then it sadly confirm my theory that there is a new corruption system with customs.
My seller is not responding to my messages

Last edited by infiniteloop (April 13 2017)

#1032 April 13 2017

Draguen

I'll ask him and get back to you

#1033 April 13 2017

Georges00

Singapore post said my item was in Lebanon, 3 weeks later it went through customs.
Just wait...

#1034 April 13 2017

Romanvian

Last edited by Romanvian (May 17 2017)

#1035 April 14 2017

yssf

When a seller asks you for a zip code, what do you tell him ? Is a zip code required to buy something from the website ? Thanks

Last edited by yssf (April 14 2017)

#1036 April 14 2017

xazbrat

yssf wrote:

When a seller asks you for a zip code, what do you tell him ? Is a zip code required to buy something from the website ? Thanks

LOL--there are zip codes for Lebanon.  Most people just don't know it.

#1037 April 15 2017

port80

yssf wrote:

Just write 00000. Even if you put a zip code libanpost won't look at it.

#1038 April 19 2017

infiniteloop

What ''held by customs'' mean with aliexpress?

libanpost has a different message: Item handed over to Customs for clearance Retention Reason: Awaiting presentation to customs commissioner

it's just a 18$ mi band 2, small box and under 20$, it's not that I ordered a laptop

Last edited by infiniteloop (April 19 2017)

#1039 May 8 2017

yssf

infiniteloop wrote:

libanpost has a different message: Item handed over to Customs for clearance Retention Reason: Awaiting presentation to customs commissioner

it's just a 18$ mi band 2, small box and under 20$, it's not that I ordered a laptop

Hi infiniteloop, did you receive your product or you're still waiting for it ? I am seeing the same message on the tracking of the product I bought (Item handed over to Customs for clearance Retention Reason: Awaiting presentation to customs commissioner) so I am wondering what does it mean. Let me know please. Thanks

Last edited by yssf (May 8 2017)

#1040 May 8 2017

infiniteloop

yssf wrote:
infiniteloop wrote:

Hi infiniteloop, did you receive your product or you're still waiting for it ? I am seeing the same message on the tracking of the product I bought (Item handed over to Customs for clearance Retention Reason: Awaiting presentation to customs commissioner) so I am wondering what does it mean. Let me know please. Thanks

Yeah I finally got it, it stayed with the customs for 48h, I was afraid by the message but in the end it just meant it was passing by the customs step, nothing to worry about. Libanpost took 1 full week from airport to delivery.
Now I have another item that I bought with the 4PX without tracking and it's on ''arrived at destination country''  for a month already!

#1041 May 8 2017

yssf

Thank you for the info, it's my first purchase on Aliexpress so I thought there was a problem. It arrived today to Lebanon with this message. I hope it won't take long at the customs.
I hope you'll also receive your item soon. Thanks.

#1042 May 23 2017

Draguen

So, update regarding the phone: turns out the package was sent as a parcel instead of a normal package. This led to about 20 usd of taxes and the product to be retrieved from my local post office instead of being delivered to my door because libanpost doesn't provide "door to door service for parcels".

I don't mind but parcels at the airport customs are treated with extremely low priority, which of course, creates delays.

Total delivery time was 2 and a half month.

Last edited by Draguen (May 23 2017)

#1043 May 26 2017

Sebas98619

Hey guys. Has anyone ever bought chargers/cables from Anker or Ugreen ? Are they reliable ?

#1044 May 26 2017

kfc

Sebas98619 wrote:

Hey guys. Has anyone ever bought chargers/cables from Anker or Ugreen ? Are they reliable ?

I recently ordered 2 from Bastec. I had the impression that it was the best on aliexpress.

#1045 May 26 2017

Draguen

Anker is a well known brand, nothing to fear.

About Ugreen, i bought 5 1.5m usb cable, they were good for a time, but after 6 to 8 months they all started to fail.

Last edited by Draguen (May 26 2017)

#1046 May 26 2017

Sebas98619

Draguen wrote:

About Ugreen, i bought 5 1.5m usb cable, they were good for a time, but after 6 to 8 months they all started to fail.

So the anker store selling the products in aliexpress is official ? Don't want to get knock offs lol.

#1047 May 26 2017

Sebas98619

kfc wrote:
Sebas98619 wrote:

I recently ordered 2 from Bastec. I had the impression that it was the best on aliexpress.

No clue. Many people online swore by Anker so I searched for that on aliexpress. I just hope it is original and not some fake knock offs.

#1048 May 26 2017

Draguen

Sebas98619 wrote:
Draguen wrote:

So the anker store selling the products in aliexpress is official ? Don't want to get knock offs lol.

Well, you have to check the seller, if he has 97%+ of positive reviews, you're mostly safe, if he sells you a fake, open a dispute, take pictures to prove it's a fake, get refunded.

Really it's all about the seller, many positive reviews means it's safe, if the brand is clearly quoted in the picture and description then the seller has to give you an original one.

Most brands have serial number or something that you can scratch and double check on their website to verify if it's a fake, not sure about anker though

Last edited by Draguen (May 27 2017)

#1049 May 27 2017

Sebas98619

Draguen wrote:
Sebas98619 wrote:
Draguen wrote:

Well, you have to check the seller, if he has 97%+ of positive reviews, you're mostly safe, if he sells you a fake, open a dispute, take pictures to prove it's a fake, a ndget refunded.

Really it's all about the seller, many positive reviews mean it's safe, if the brand is clearly quoted in the picture and description then the seller has to give you an original one.

Most brands have serial number or something that you can scratch and double check on their website to verify if it's a fake, not sure about anker though

Ah okay thank you very much

#1050 May 27 2017

infiniteloop

I have an item with ''arrival at destination country'' for 45 days already (2 months since placing order) with 4PX, is that normal?
I placed a dispute meanwhile because I only had 5 days left

Board footer