LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 June 3 2016

silo_m8

Doom (2016)

It's funny how nobody has yet talked about one of the best fps games in recent memory.
Doom is fast, challenging, with tight mechanics, no bullshit story and forced exposition.
Stay still and you die, during my initial play session, I died 5 times in 20 minutes on the hardest available difficulty at start, and I still felt that the game was fair and it's just a matter of me getting good at it.
Smashing demons with my fists, cracking spines, bashing skulls, all of it feels so good and smooth,  never breaking the pace.
Visuals are amazingly detailed and true to the theme.
Optimization on opengl is like a dream runs smooth on all the hardware I tried it on and the settings are very granular.

Can't wait to sink more time into it. Gotta love that self inflicted salt and rage.
Anyone played doom yet?

#2 June 4 2016

elchebib

Re: Doom (2016)

Playing it now on the PS4.

As you said, it is a great game. Smooth awesome gameplay and great graphics. Great variety of weapons with different mods. I am enjoying it so far and will give my final impressions after I'm done with it.

I guess it got buried due to Overwatch and the many games that were released during May. I hope that this game sells well so that Bethesda keeps going on with this awesome series.

#3 June 5 2016

Flakk

I did and its awesomeness, The SP is just mindblowing from start to finish. I love the snapmap too.

#4 June 6 2016

nas93

Well, I tried searching for a PC DVD version but it seems to no one bothers getting PC games anymore just consoles, and there is no way I'm downloading 50gbs on steam. I wish there was another way.

#5 June 7 2016

silo_m8

nas93 wrote:

Well, I tried searching for a PC DVD version but it seems to no one bothers getting PC games anymore just consoles, and there is no way I'm downloading 50gbs on steam. I wish there was another way.

The pc games aren't being cracked anymore that's why you don't find them at cd shops. If you live close to fanar, i wouldn't mind sharing the files with you.

#6 June 8 2016

nas93

silo_m8 wrote:
nas93 wrote:

The pc games aren't being cracked anymore that's why you don't find them at cd shops. If you live close to fanar, i wouldn't mind sharing the files with you.

I've never bought a cracked game, thank you I already ordered my copy from Dubai.

#7 August 17 2016

dio

Anyone know where I can buy the original game without having to download it on steam?

If this is even possible anymore, I haven't purchased a hardcopy of a game in so long lol

Last edited by dio (August 17 2016)

#8 August 17 2016

OdeToDeath

I don't think you're going to find a physical copy of Doom in Lebanon . Even if you did , it's a 8 gb data disc eith 30+ GB extra download . My advice would be buying it on steam and taking the files from someone . I got them myself ( Beirut , Verdun )  and can give you the files if you want through a hdd or through burned dvd disks ( probably going to be 5+ disks ) . PM me if interested

Last edited by OdeToDeath (August 17 2016)

#9 August 17 2016

AVOlio

Forget physical copy, just download it or take it from someone.

also

OdeToDeath wrote:

Edit: game got cracked recently, nino probably has the game already

Doom is not cracked yet.

#10 August 17 2016

OdeToDeath

Ah sorry , thought denuvo had been cracked for doom ( r/crackstatus hyped that alot with a quickly patched bypass) . I edited my post .

They're showing rise of the tomb raider as cracked by CPY , i"ll verify before doing any claims .

Last edited by OdeToDeath (August 17 2016)

#11 August 18 2016

Raficoo

OdeToDeath wrote:

Ah sorry , thought denuvo had been cracked for doom ( r/crackstatus hyped that alot with a quickly patched bypass) . I edited my post .

They're showing rise of the tomb raider as cracked by CPY , i"ll verify before doing any claims .

ROTTR is indeed cracked, I and my friend downloaded it and it runs normally.

#12 August 18 2016

dio

Yeah you're right.

Thanks guys.

#13 August 18 2016

xterm

Let's avoid discussing cracks and stay on topic please, thanks!

#14 December 4 2016

jazzzar

anyone near hadath (lebanese university) so i can take the game files from him?

#15 December 4 2016

jibbo

i would love to play this game, but i am not going to even try with my ancient HD 5770 VGA :)

#16 February 25 2017

jazzzar

humm I really need the files if someone can meet me somewhere near hadath, i can go to hamra too :(

Last edited by jazzzar (February 25 2017)

#17 March 1 2017

jibbo

what is the download size for this game, there have been a few deals for 20$, but i have been held back because of the file size.

#18 March 1 2017

elchebib

jibbo wrote:

what is the download size for this game, there have been a few deals for 20$, but i have been held back because of the file size.

The size on the PS4 after all the updates was between 60 and 70 GB. It is a hefty game. I'm not sure what it is on PC if thats what you are looking for.

#19 March 1 2017

jibbo

elchebib wrote:
jibbo wrote:

The size on the PS4 after all the updates was between 60 and 70 GB. It is a hefty game. I'm not sure what it is on PC if thats what you are looking for.

Yeah, i am looking for PC, but i imagine it's not that different from PS4, steam says 55GB is required for the game.
Still, that's quite big....

#20 March 2 2017

user

jibbo wrote:
elchebib wrote:
jibbo wrote:

Yeah, i am looking for PC, but i imagine it's not that different from PS4, steam says 55GB is required for the game.

I have the steam game data for doom if you are interested. It is around 70 GB if I am not wrong all in all
I got it from a friend who has 2mb unlimited package and spent around 20 days downloading it.

#21 March 2 2017

jibbo

user wrote:
jibbo wrote:
elchebib wrote:

I have the steam game data for doom if you are interested. It is around 70 GB if I am not wrong all in all
I got it from a friend who has 2mb unlimited package and spent around 20 days downloading it.

i haven't bought it yet, but where do you live ?

#22 March 2 2017

user

jibbo wrote:
user wrote:
jibbo wrote:

I live in jounieh and I work in downtown beirut... So there's a bit of flexibility.

#23 March 13 2017

jibbo

user wrote:
jibbo wrote:
user wrote:

I live in jounieh and I work in downtown beirut... So there's a bit of flexibility.

do you happen to have a trip to tripoli :)

#24 March 14 2017

user

Nah very unlikely.

#25 March 21 2017

jibbo

I have downloaded the game, i just left it on all day and ignore it, took about 8 days i think. the only downside is if you were watching youtube videos, they would revert to 144p.

Board footer