LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 March 1 2017

anayman_k7

Humble Arma Bundle

Amazing Arma bundle is not listed at Humble Bundle
https://www.humblebundle.com/arma-bundl … ta_button0

Pay $1 or more!
* Arma: Cold War Assault
* Arma: Gold Edition
* Arma Tactics

Pay more than the average of $13.04 to also unlock!
* Arma 2
* Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead
* Arma 2: British Armed Forces
* Arma 2: Private Military Company
* Arma 2: Army of the Czech Republic

Pay $15 or more to also unlock!
* Arma 3
* Arma 3 Karts

The main focus is Arma 3, paid 30$ for this game on a 50% sale over Steam, and yeah paid for Arma 2 + DLCs to be able to play DayZ mod, so mainly this bundle is a very good deal, 15$ for Arma3! So if you are interested in this game hurry up.

#2 March 1 2017

jibbo

Re: Humble Arma Bundle

is arma 3 a good game ?

#3 March 1 2017

anayman_k7

Arma 3 is a tactical large scale shooter with a variety of in game items (jets, choppers, boats, submarine, tanks, armored vehicles, trucks, quads), it also has a variety of mods that completely change the game, some of gamemodes that might or might not require a mod installation: (Dayz mods, Wasteland, Battleroyale, WW2 mod, Vietnam mod, and lot more that I dont know!)

A big community that creates mods for Arma is called Custom Combat Gaming, you can check what they offer for Arma3 mods, also to check Arma3 gameplay or arma3 content (sometimes scripted scenario) I can only recommend FrankieOnPc1080

Dayz Playlist
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P … dZ6szpBYSZ

Arma Adventure
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P … INaO-b2Gc6

For the technical part Arma 2 and 3 are known to be CPU intensive games and they are also known to have FPS over network issues, so  online gameplay for normal community servers hosting mods will be running 30fps-45fps not because your PC cant handle it but because optimization issues (CPU and GPU usage are 50% or below), Offline gameplay (campaign, mission) does not suffer from this issue, even so the game is still enjoyable, I still play it from time to time when I'm in the mood

#4 March 1 2017

jibbo

I am not going kid my self, i already have a big backlog, especially after i got the humble freedom bundle that has shitload of games,but only interested in few of them for now, playing "The Witness" :) probably the most beautiful puzzle game i have seen. also haven't completed Alien: isolation and The Talos Principle. and downloading assasins creed 3 :) got this one for free.

Last edited by jibbo (March 1 2017)

#5 March 1 2017

anayman_k7

The strong point of Arma is the long term usage, so Arma 2 was released on 2009, official support and default servers was stopped long time ago and till today you can find plenty of community servers with various mods, Arma 3 is the same and more community support wise.

Board footer