LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 October 20 2016

elchebib

Nintendo Switch

Anybody interested?

Its the newest Nintendo console that will combine their portable and non-portable consoles into one. Its a neat idea although I think it has been done before by some company.

Anyways, its cool that you can detach the controllers and use combined or individually. And the idea of portability is great considering Nintendo has a knack for such stuff.

There are a lot of questions to be answered: battery life? Cost?

#2 October 20 2016

Metalloy

Re: Nintendo Switch

to be honest I was disappointed.
I think  Nintendo is trying too hard to be different.
being different for the sake of it is not good.
I am a fan of Nintendo, I have only purchased Nintendo consoles in my life, no PS, no Xbox.
I hope that I'm wrong as I really like their games, but for the moment I think that the product is a fail.

#3 October 20 2016

Satfoun
Banned

I wont play Skyrim on it. So nop not interrested.

#4 October 21 2016

elchebib

The point of this system is to play Nintendo games and some third party. The idea of combining both portability and non-portability to it is a great idea. This will make Nintendo focus on one console instead of 2 and would hopefully churn out games on a more regular basis.

And this will definitely not be my primary console. I will still play the big games on my PS4. Because specs wise, I think it will be somewhere between previous and current gen consoles. It wont be able to compete at all in terms of power and Nintendo has been doing that since the Wii days. I guess 3rd party support will dwindle like what happened with the Wii U but the portability concept will be a differentiating factor. However, the concept puts them very close to tablets market with their own version of controllers so price and battery life will be a huge factor in this situation.

Anyways, only time will tell whether this would turn out profitable or not for them to continue in the hardware business.

Am I going to buy it?

Probably. But until they talk more about the price and battery life, I will hold off for now.

#5 January 13 2017

ramy58

So, what did you guys think of the latest presentation ? I was hugely disappointed, once again. Maybe I'll pick it up next year, because it would be quite stupid to get the console on day one, zelda or no zelda.

#6 January 13 2017

H.S

ramy58 wrote:

So, what did you guys think of the latest presentation ? I was hugely disappointed, once again. Maybe I'll pick it up next year, because it would be quite stupid to get the console on day one, zelda or no zelda.

After they pissed me off with the Wii U and made me sell it, I am interested again just because it is region free. That's a major step in the right direction. I think you're disappointed because of the console's horse power? They usually rely on the art style, however having 32GB of internal storage is stupid, they did it with the Wii U and they're doing it again with the Switch. I think that Nintendo is just being Nintendo.

Nintendo's first party games are always great and innovative, but their policy is very strict and they make a lot of wrong decisions IMO. It is always a love-hate situation for me. I think that I am going to pick it up next year as well.

#7 January 13 2017

elchebib

I am very unimpressed.

Nothing about the presentation enticed me to buy one. I may end buying one for my daughter eventually but not anytime soon.

Most of the games that were shown did not interest me at all including their Mario game. Mario and real life city world is not compatible. It was so off-putting and did not peak my interest at all. We knew about Zelda since 2 years ago and the other games were either still super early in development or are not available for launch. They had devs who came and talked about that they are "thinking" about developing games foe the Switch.

And the worst part are the launch games. The majority of them are rehashes or remasters of earlier games that were released years ago. They even included Rayman Legends!!!!!

Its pathetic. Unfortunately it looks like the Wii U. I understand that Nintendo products are bought because of their franchises. However, its the third parties that leverage the console during first party droughts (look at the PS4).

Will see how it all pans out

#8 January 13 2017

Draguen

Hey, frankly I'm intrigued, i guess I'll end up buying it second hand or with a good bundle just to play slpaltoon or a future smash bros at my girlfriend's place. Other than that, in a few years our mobile phones will be as powerful as the switch.

#9 January 13 2017

ramy58

There were many things that I thought were complete fails, but the most baffling one is the 1-2 switch "game" that costs 50 freaking dollars.

Board footer