LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1651 December 19 2016

Totoro

Re: What are you playing these days ?

o_game wrote:

world of warcraft ...downed heroic helya today.

back to heroes of the storm

I'm on Mythic Helya progression... Don't go there, it's a very dark place to be in right now :')

#1652 December 19 2016

MrClass

Anyone playing Dota2? Anyone hating on the 7.00 patch? Anyone hating on the OP Monkey King? Anyone found an effective counter? Tried to cut trees, silence him, nuke him, disable him. He keeps coming back so easy. It. Is. Depressing.

#1653 December 19 2016

user

Xcom enemy within with long war mod, it's almost a whole different much better game with that mod.

#1654 December 19 2016

roudy5

MrClass wrote:

Anyone playing Dota2? Anyone hating on the 7.00 patch? Anyone hating on the OP Monkey King? Anyone found an effective counter? Tried to cut trees, silence him, nuke him, disable him. He keeps coming back so easy. It. Is. Depressing.

Yea 7.00 is pretty bad and regarding the ridiculous king, blade mail literally obliterates him.. his ult illus actually damage him when they attack blade mailed heroes and of course any vision hero, night stalker/kotl scepter or a sniper shrapnel ..

#1655 December 19 2016

nosense

MrClass wrote:

there are two ways to counter monkey king

1- pick him
2- ban him

#1656 December 23 2016

DG

user wrote:

Xcom enemy within with long war mod, it's almost a whole different much better game with that mod.

Great mod. Very unforgiving but makes the game an enjoyable challenge (unless you are playing on ironman).

#1657 January 2 2017

vegetaleb
Banned

Finished episode 1 and 2 of Walking Dead New Frontier.
It's good they continued the first game instead of the Michone one, though Clementine has changed a lot and Kenny has a too small part in the new story.
On the good side one of the best character from the TV series is here to help

#1658 January 9 2017

vegetaleb
Banned

Far Cry Primal is finally available from Fitgirl and Skidrow, can't wait to play it

#1659 January 16 2017

Aly

Been playing Far Cry Primal the past two days, didn't like it at first and thought it was boring, but I am really enjoying it now, very nice game.

#1660 January 16 2017

vegetaleb
Banned

Aly wrote:

Been playing Far Cry Primal the past two days, didn't like it at first and thought it was boring, but I am really enjoying it now, very nice game.

Yeah not bad specially when you master the owl and a good lion as a pet, though it lacks the fun of FC 4 (the crazy comments of the enemies, guns...) and I still don't know which missions are important and which one are side missions.
Graphically it's just slightly better than FC4 not a revolution

#1661 January 16 2017

Satfoun
Banned

I started Primal , but then i got back to Shadow Warrior 2....And Garden Warfare 2 of course

#1662 January 16 2017

Aly

vegetaleb wrote:
Aly wrote:

Yeah not bad specially when you master the owl and a good lion as a pet, though it lacks the fun of FC 4 (the crazy comments of the enemies, guns...) and I still don't know which missions are important and which one are side missions.
Graphically it's just slightly better than FC4 not a revolution

I struggled with the same regarding the primary missions and side quests, till now I dont know how to do the hunting side quests. Yes indeed the lack of guns in a Far Cry game is weird, but it is a new concept that I got used to. Nice enjoyable game overall.

#1663 January 17 2017

LifeEngineer

Playing Assetto Corsa on my logitech G29! Wow what a gorgeous driving experience! Most realistic simulation according to all websites! (not great in actual AI or graphics though).

#1664 January 17 2017

anayman_k7

Started with Battlefield 1, yesterday was the first few rounds in this game (Played a little of the Beta before), still trying to find a comfort zone specially in mouse sensitivity when aiming down sight, but pretty game and the fps limiter in game help reducing screen tearing for 60Hz screens

#1665 January 17 2017

vegetaleb
Banned

anayman_k7 wrote:

Started with Battlefield 1, yesterday was the first few rounds in this game (Played a little of the Beta before), still trying to find a comfort zone specially in mouse sensitivity when aiming down sight, but pretty game and the fps limiter in game help reducing screen tearing for 60Hz screens

Use Vsync of the game or nvidia panel and you will never see a screen tearing again

#1666 January 17 2017

Dex

Far Cry 3  was amazing, the story, the gameplay every thing was great. I consider it one of the most fun games I've ever played.

For FC 4, good thing that I bought it from a friend for 20$, it wasn't bad, actually I consider it a good game, but not when you have already played FC 3, as it will seem as if you're playing FC 3 just with a different story line.

for Far Cry Primal I'm definitely not going to try it.

#1667 January 17 2017

Dex

Anybody thinks that The Last of Us is the most overrated game ever ?

I was really excited to play it, I had very high expectations until I tried it.

I completed it, but it really wasn't that good, the gameplay is horrible and cut scenes are 60% of the game .

I bought the game to play it not watch it, now don't get me wrong the games' stories are important, but not when it exceeds the gameplay time. For the gameplay it seemed as if I was playing a Playstation 2 game.

What do you guys think of the game ?

#1668 January 17 2017

ballad

Dex wrote:

Anybody thinks that The Last of Us is the most overrated game ever ?

I was really excited to play it, I had very high expectations until I tried it.

I completed it, but it really wasn't that good, the gameplay is horrible and cut scenes are 60% of the game .

I bought the game to play it not watch it, now don't get me wrong the games' stories are important, but not when it exceeds the gameplay time. For the gameplay it seemed as if I was playing a Playstation 2 game.

What do you guys think of the game ?

I went and bought it on the ps3 2 days before it was released and I was happy that I found it for just 70$, but man the dissapointment in that game made me stop playing it after 2 hours.
After a couple of weeks I tried finishing it after I saw all the 10/10 ratings and I still held to my initial judgement that this game was like a marketing fest for sony's exclusive and it's boring repetitive and pretty ugly graphic wose.

Last edited by ballad (January 17 2017)

#1669 January 18 2017

LifeEngineer

I like the last of us a lot and that's coming from a guy who ABSOLUTELY HATES zombies games!

The main strength of this game is the story, the emotions of him losing his girl, the ups and downs of the characters, etc... For some reason zombies didn't put me off in this game and it kept me attached to it! That says something! They've done it differently!

In fact, that's how Naughty Dogs make their games!
If you wanna talk about overrated games, speak also about their other games like "Uncharted 4". It topped all the reviews but for me it felt so normal; good game definitely but nothing extraordinary! I enjoyed Tomb Raider much more and I have memories from it more than I have from Uncharted!

#1670 January 19 2017

elchebib

Done with Final Fantasy XV (kinda) on PS4. Impressions: I am a Final Fantasy fanboy so my impressions can be a bit biased. The first RPG that I played ever was Final Fantasy VIII on the PS1. That game blew me away in terms of this "new" genre for me at the time. Since then, I have played every single one until FFXIII which was a major let down for me after playing the previous iterations. Nonetheless, I have waited for FFXV for a long time and in my opinion it has delivered. Gameplay and graphics are outstanding. It is an awesome FF game and not perfect for sure. It has its shortcomings (broken travel mechanics and at times hectic battles). Otherwise, I enjoyed the story (my advice is to watch the anime shorts and Kingsglaive movie for more extensive background; although I wished they included the movie scenes in the game but I guess it was a business decision). I still have the post game content to go through (obtaining the ultimate weapons and slaying the Adamantoise). Actually, this would be the first game that I platinum since the inception of the trophies on playstation. This game had a multitude of quests, dungeons and open world content to explore. Granted the side quests are a bit underwhelming but the hunt quests (a concept that I like) is stellar. Graphics are great which is expected from an FF game. I'm looking forward to continuing the game in the future and finishing up the post game content and upcoming DLCs.

Moving to:

Sky Force Anniversary

Uncharted, Doom, Overwatch and Battlefield online multiplayer (all on PS4)

#1671 January 19 2017

vegetaleb
Banned

Good news!
Watch Dog 2 is finally available in CPY and very soon in fitgirl versions :)

#1672 January 19 2017

nas93

vegetaleb wrote:

Good news!

How would you feel if you were one of the developers and you saw your hard work being pirated?

#1673 January 20 2017

Dex

nas93 wrote:
vegetaleb wrote:

Good news!

How would you feel if you were one of the developers and you saw your hard work being pirated?

I don't think they would care much, as most of the people who download pirated games won't pay 60-70$ per game, they'll either play it pirated or not at all, and that's due to their financial status.

If I had to pay this much to play a single game, I don't think I would have started gaming before the age of 20.

#1674 January 20 2017

Dex

LifeEngineer wrote:

I like the last of us a lot and that's coming from a guy who ABSOLUTELY HATES zombies games!

The main strength of this game is the story, the emotions of him losing his girl, the ups and downs of the characters, etc... For some reason zombies didn't put me off in this game and it kept me attached to it! That says something! They've done it differently!

In fact, that's how Naughty Dogs make their games!
If you wanna talk about overrated games, speak also about their other games like "Uncharted 4". It topped all the reviews but for me it felt so normal; good game definitely but nothing extraordinary! I enjoyed Tomb Raider much more and I have memories from it more than I have from Uncharted!

that's the problem, they focused on the story and forgot about the gameplay.

as I mentioned earlier, I buy games to play not watch.

#1675 February 1 2017

elchebib

Done with Sky Force Anniversary (PS4). Impressions: nice little game. Its the upgraded version of the mobile game. Its entertaining and has some difficulty spike even with the upgrades. Nice graphics but variety of enemies is lacking. Most of the enemies are just a color variation but they do have different maneuvers and combinations.

Moving to:

Resident 7 Biohazard

Overwatch online (all on PS4)

I have stopped playing Doom and Uncharted 4 online. They were entertaining for sure and the online matches were great in these games. Doom provided an almost Quake-like multiplayer experience which was entertaining. However, player base have been dwindling recently and most games you are playing with the same people. Uncharted 4 multiplayer was a hit and miss. There were great additions to the multiplayer but the issue of people quitting in the middle of the match was so prevalent for some reason. It was really frustrating when someone quits in the middle of a match because this game relies heavily on team work. Once you are down by one player, consider the match an automatic loss unfortunately. The survival mode they released recently was average. It got repetitive quite quickly and did not have a long lasting appeal.

I have dabbled into a couple of matches in Battlefield 1. Unfortunately, it seems that realistic gritty shooters are not my thing anymore. It was not that exciting playing through the matches and you get killed easily from miles away. Overwatch is a much more entertaining game with loads of characters to choose from. Gameplay is great and I like how each character has kind of a back story to them. So I think will be sticking to Overwatch for a quite a while before a new game comes in to take over (which I highly doubt will come soon).

Board footer