LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#51 November 7 2016

vegetaleb
Banned

Re: Peer-to-peer shopping network

Mane wrote:

Hello!

In the USA you can get tax refunds from 2 states only, Louisiana and Texas. The tax refunds would be additional cash made by travelers, since the state where they made a purchase would have the traveler's payment details.

But this means that buyers can offer very little reward if they're buying something eligible for a tax refund, knowing that the tax refund itself would be a payment for the travelers.

Good to know, but if the traveler is using detaxe when leaving an European country he can get 13% refund which is way too much as bonus, imagine a 500 euros item, he will get 65 euros bonus, it's the cost of DHL even more ;)
So better to implement an option in your website for the tax refund thingy, when a traveler say he will bring from Europe AND he lives outside Europe then you must give him a sort of warning that he can benefit from a tax refund, he should then agree with the buyer how they will act, will he get all the refund as the bonus or will he get a part of it?

#52 November 7 2016

Mane

I agree with you, we need to give this a second thought, though the implementation might be a bit tricky.

But even if a traveler gets a good bonus, it's not directly "your" money that he gets.  I mean, with DHL you would need to pay 500+65 for delivery, which makes 565 in total, whereas in this case you'll only pay 500. And if there's a good bonus, more travelers would be ready to deliver the order for you, so you can choose the one coming sooner.  So it's a win-win.

#53 November 9 2016

vegetaleb
Banned

About the black Friday thingy, how can we specifically ask for the traveler to get your stuff at black Friday for special price only? It will be tricky unless we buy the thingy online and deliver it to him, but he must accept this prior to black Friday.
Also nobody knows if the stuff he wants will be on sale :s

#54 November 9 2016

Mane

Yep, nobody knows :) I'd say, let's put an order on the website, and when a traveler gets in touch,  specify in the chat that you want that specific product but only if it's on sales.

You can deposit the maximum amount that you're willing to pay to the platform, so if the item is  <= that price, the traveler will buy it for you. If the item costs less than your deposit, we'll refund you the difference.
If the item costs more than your deposit, we'll refund the whole deposit.

If all this doesn't work out (no traveler gets in touch), you don't lose anything, since you only need to deposit money when you find a traveler you like :) Volia.

What would you like to buy?

#55 November 9 2016

vegetaleb
Banned

A GTX 1070
It's already 130$ less expensive than pcandparts, so imagine if one model get a 50-100$ discount!!
Though the big problem is that the box of a GTX card is big, so I doubt many travelers will accept

#56 November 9 2016

Georges00

vegetaleb wrote:

A GTX 1070
It's already 130$ less expensive than pcandparts, so imagine if one model get a 50-100$ discount!!
Though the big problem is that the box of a GTX card is big, so I doubt many travelers will accept

They can always get it without the box wrapped in clothes

#57 November 9 2016

Mane

vegetaleb wrote:

A GTX 1070

So you're a gamer? :) Well, let's try and see !

#58 November 11 2016

AVOlio

How can I try this out?
I want to buy a very small item worth like 8$.

#59 November 11 2016

Mane

AVOlio wrote:

How can I try this out?

I jus sent you the link in a private message.

#60 November 11 2016

AVOlio

Mane wrote:
AVOlio wrote:

How can I try this out?

Didn't receive anything.

#61 November 11 2016

Mane

AVOlio wrote:
Mane wrote:
AVOlio wrote:

How can I try this out?

Didn't receive anything.

Should be good now :)

#62 November 11 2016

vegetaleb
Banned

What could be good is too implement an actual state of travelers, meaning if you want to order something from a particular city in the world you can see how many travelers are actually in and are willing to help in the website, because many people have no clue if they post an order this week or next month but if they see that they are actually 3 travelers in NYC right now it can help them decide Before posting an order

#63 November 16 2016

Mane

hi vegetaleb, yes that's on our list for the next deployment! Actually it looks like there are going to be plenty of orders for winter holidays, anyway, so I think we'll launch this feature afterwards to keep everyone motivated :)

#64 November 16 2016

Mane

Speaking of this, there's a traveler coming from Korea next week, so if you guys  want some fancy asian gadgets get in touch asap

#65 November 17 2016

vegetaleb
Banned

Bro Mane,
Don't take it wrong but your website will never work, firstly you didn't mention that you take fees, and secondly your fees are WAY too high for just making a link between people,  in the end as expensive as in Lebanon because you take as much fees as VAT + fees for the travelers.
You should reconsider your fees to 2% max or it will never work

Last edited by vegetaleb (November 17 2016)

#66 November 17 2016

Mane

Hey,

Can't do it at 2%, since it's not only putting people in touch, but taking payments and making payouts to the travelers and this makes 5% of the transaction amount..

Look, it already works with expensive items. Everything depends on what's the price difference between Lebanon and elsewhere. Say, you want an iPhone 7, it costs $649 in the USA. You pay platform fees: ±$50 plus $30 to the traveler, which gives you a final price of $730 versus $830 on gadgitechstore which is the cheapest price I'm able to find. Couldn't you use additional $100 for something better?

And I'm not sure that I haven't mentioned this before, but the platform fees are equal to 7%+$6 per transaction. 

Plus, it works for items that are not available at all in Lebanon..

Well, it's not going to be the next Amazon, I understand that, it's just a hobby project of ours, but it still might help out some people, we hope. Thanks a lot for taking look at it, anyway! :)

#67 November 23 2016

Mane

Hey guys,

We have a traveler you flies from the US on December, 19th and claims to travel with an empty suitcase! :) So he seems like a real nice guy and is into the concept, so if you'd like to test the website and give us some feedback so that we can improve , the time is now ;)

We also want to cut off the fixed part of the fee for the forum members, so that you can get cheaper stuff in order to test it out, so please contact me once you've posted anything so that we can remove the fees manually.

Happy blackfridaycybermonday to everyone!

#68 November 23 2016

Satfoun
Banned

So whats the website again?! I want that mouse that i cannot find in Lebanon anymore , maybe that would prove useful

#69 November 23 2016

vegetaleb
Banned

Mane wrote:

Hey guys,

We have a traveler you flies from the US on December, 19th and claims to travel with an empty suitcase! :) So he seems like a real nice guy and is into the concept, so if you'd like to test the website and give us some feedback so that we can improve , the time is now ;)

We also want to cut off the fixed part of the fee for the forum members, so that you can get cheaper stuff in order to test it out, so please contact me once you've posted anything so that we can remove the fees manually.

Happy blackfridaycybermonday to everyone!

Thanks
He should be back before Christmas?

#70 November 23 2016

Mane

Hi vegetaleb,

He's traveling on December, 19th from NY to Beirut.

#71 November 26 2016

vegetaleb
Banned

Can't activate my account, when I click on activation link it will load for 2 minutes than nothing

#72 November 27 2016

Tech Guru

I am looking for an high quality HDMI Cable (1.5 m)  that supports HDMI 2.0 // 2.0 a to link my 1070 Gaming X to the TV and activate  - 2160 p // 60hz // 4 4 4 Chroma  //// or 10 bit HDR // 4 2 0 which requires a high bandwidth hdmi cable - they are called a High Bandwidth HDMI Cables - tried the PS4 Pro HDMI Cable , which is a high bandwidth , it worked like a charm.

HDMI 2.0 cables can transfer data at up to 18Gbps, up from 10.2Gbps in HDMI 1.4 cables.

Good Candidates spotted on Amazon.com & Ebay :

https://www.amazon.com/Speed-ORANGE-Cab … B003VL5P2S

https://www.amazon.com/Fusion4K-High-Sp … B00OC1KD9G

http://www.ebay.com/bhp/sony-hdmi-cable

#73 November 27 2016

Mane

Hey, tech guru. Just pick one and post it on the website, I've PMed you the link.

#74 November 27 2016

Tech Guru

Mane wrote:

Hey, tech guru. Just pick one and post it on the website, I've PMed you the link.

Thank You , I signed Up through the Website , and a Confirmation email was sent to my Email I clicked on the confirm it re-links to your website which is broken when I confirm.

https://onyourway.io/activate?code=fNIU … scFEGqCdHy

#75 November 27 2016

Tech Guru

vegetaleb wrote:

Can't activate my account, when I click on activation link it will load for 2 minutes than nothing

Same Problem here mate , I reported that to Mane.

Board footer