LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#26 November 12 2016

vegetaleb
Banned

Re: PS4 Pro anyone?

haidcar wrote:
vegetaleb wrote:

Also a PC game in Lebanon costs 2000 to 6000LL if you know what I mean.
A PS4 game is 70 to 90$ so you will quickly reach the 400$ more for a PC

Supporting Piracy is not something to be proud of. it's a form of theft!

I wonder who never bought a pirated copy or downloaded an mp3 in this country :)
Don't worry they still make billions of $ on every game

#27 November 12 2016

haidcar

Satfoun wrote:

Well i must tell u that theres sales on games...and i got BFH for 5$....BF4 for 10$....annnd so on

I was not making Mustered Race Vs console peasant juvenile comparison. i don't care for both tbh. but sony does do sales on their PS store.
vegetaleb was leaning towards the piracy aspect of PC gaming, something that hurts PC gaming. not to mention its wrong.

#28 November 12 2016

haidcar

vegetaleb wrote:
haidcar wrote:
vegetaleb wrote:

I wonder who never bought a pirated copy or downloaded an mp3 in this country :)

we have all done that. but we should not keep on doing it, regardless how much they make. you dont go and steal a ferrari because ferrari makes billions, and will still make billions. i buy my games during steam sales great bargains, and you would be supporting the devs.

#29 November 13 2016

vegetaleb
Banned

haidcar wrote:
vegetaleb wrote:
haidcar wrote:

we have all done that. but we should not keep on doing it, regardless how much they make. you dont go and steal a ferrari because ferrari makes billions, and will still make billions. i buy my games during steam sales great bargains, and you would be supporting the devs.

Stop repeating what they say, we are not stealing, this is big joke,it's all virtual data no ferrari no kia, don't believe all what they want you to think.
If we have to stop real thieves then let's begin with all our politicians, they steal real things not bytes

#30 November 13 2016

haidcar

vegetaleb wrote:
haidcar wrote:
vegetaleb wrote:

Stop repeating what they say, we are not stealing, this is big joke,it's all virtual data no ferrari no kia, don't believe all what they want you to think.
If we have to stop real thieves then let's begin with all our politicians, they steal real things not bytes

virtual data? can you please clarify i did not get this at all. are you saying that anything in the form of bits is free for all?
how can you fix anything in this world while your view distorted to say the least. If you want to fix anything, you should start with yourself.

#31 November 13 2016

vegetaleb
Banned

haidcar wrote:
vegetaleb wrote:
haidcar wrote:

virtual data? can you please clarify i did not get this at all. are you saying that anything in the form of bits is free for all?
how can you fix anything in this world while your view distorted to say the least. If you want to fix anything, you should start with yourself.

Why you always want to turn things personal? you always attack people in this forum.
You really have a problem with your life

#32 November 13 2016

rolf

vegetaleb wrote:

Any software company is manned by real people who go there from 8-5, 9:30-5:30 or whatever. This is real, not virtual. They have to put their alarm at 8 in the morning,  pull themselves out of bed for a coffee and to go to work, shift code around, where they will spend a big chunk of their day, instead of going to other nice places. They get paid a salary and they need that to pay rent (for a roof they can sleep under), food, and of course other things.

This money comes (mostly) from users paying for the software.

Stealing, leaching, or call it whatever you want. You are enjoying something at someone else's expense.

Maybe in the future, this model will change, where you will pay for internet, for example, and download whatever you want, and internet providers will sponsor new software development using that money. But in the present times, this is how it is.

Last edited by rolf (November 13 2016)

#33 November 13 2016

haidcar

vegetaleb wrote:
haidcar wrote:
vegetaleb wrote:

Why you always want to turn things personal? you always attack people in this forum.
You really have a problem with your life

I am sorry you feel that way, I have never attacked you personally.

#34 November 13 2016

Satfoun
Banned

Mustered?! :o 
Did you just, offend the PCMASTERRACE?! :o 
How dare u :\
I owned a psp and i know that theres sales on PS Store and there is PS Now or plus or whatever it is that they give u a free game per month . But should i mention Steam?! i am not a fan of steam, i just use Origin

#35 November 13 2016

Tech Guru

Fellows ,
From A Technical Point of View

Let  us speak frankly current Consoles are PCs - X86 Architecture with optimiaztion and future advacement for a price/performance ratio prespective are hitting on Desktops for gaming.MS Scoprio has a GPU of 6 Tlops with an updated CPU. 1070 ~ 6.4 Tflops Scorpio may utilize DDR 5x or HBM 2.0 .. I think it can output native 4K with medium - high details  with FXAA or custom AA  similar to the 1070 do @ 30fps / 2160p.

Sure the Volta / Vega are much powerful but remember from a technical side a full solution like a Console capable of delivering a 4K experience for USD 500 max vs a 500 USD graphic card alone. I am and I will be a hardware PC enthusiast for to me it is a win win situation now if I own a Pro and/or Scorpio and a High End PC. To me the Entertainment Factor increases with good exclusives from Sony and an upleveled image fidelity  which is welcomed to with Sony multiplayer ecosystem by I'll find many of my friends at.

On Cracked vs Genuine PC Games : Well I used to buy Cracked Games but 4 months ago I am buying Genuine Ones through Origin / Steam / Other Sites for the Keys. There are many discounts and offers - It is a good experience (Multiplayer , Regular Patches , Updates Etc.. ) and I have no regrets at all of the shift I made. Very interested for Example to Try Froza Horizon 3 & Gear of Wars 4 on my upcoming KS 9500 using HDR - Saw some live Froza gameplay on an HDR Display using a mediocre X box One S - HDR is really awesome layer of reality added to the gaming world - sure on my PC Froza will look awesome by utilizing higher resolution / textures + HDR.

I usually use cracked games now  for files only (no hustle to download a 50 GB Game). And for PS4 Gaming /Pro regular Nino games swapping method (Old with New , Old with Old , Used Games) which greatly reduce the 60-70 USD price tag of each PS 4 /Pro Game.

At the End i donot care about money for my self Entertainment and enjoyment side thus owning both (High End PC Gaming Rig + A Capable Console "like the Pro or Scorpio" is a win win situation.

Enjoy , You Only Live Once  !

Last edited by Tech Guru (November 13 2016)

#36 November 13 2016

Satfoun
Banned

YOLO haha

#37 November 13 2016

ManOwaRR

While i buy mostly original games , i do torrent crap games that i believe that devs and publisber are milking us , inf warfare for example
Out of 20 games lately i torrented 2

Mafia 3 and infinite warfare , rest were bought legally

#38 November 13 2016

MrClass

ManOwaRR wrote:

While i buy mostly original games , i do torrent crap games that i believe that devs and publisber are milking us , inf warfare for example
Out of 20 games lately i torrented 2

Mafia 3 and infinite warfare , rest were bought legally

I totally agree. Some games deserve to be pirated to send a lesson to the devs. I pirated No Man's Sky and uninstalled it once I saw how stupid the game was. And they expect me to pay 60$ for that nonsense?

Last edited by MrClass (November 13 2016)

#39 November 13 2016

Satfoun
Banned

Why do you need to buy all those games, i have like 5 multiplayer games in origin....and i dont even have time to play but one at a time haha

#40 November 13 2016

ManOwaRR

well this  year was a great one for gaming  ,

i mean u cannot  stop yourself  from playing  gears 4/forza 3/ tomb raider and killer instinct on  ms store

and ea  did great with tf2/bf1/fifa 17

and there's another huge list on steam

so yeah u gotta play all those games

this year was awesome for gaming

Last edited by ManOwaRR (November 13 2016)

#41 November 14 2016

Satfoun
Banned

Hahaha yeah i agree, so much fun, and so much little time to play, which makes you need to pick and prioritise the game to play first haha, i lately finished Inquisition, after 2 years lol

#42 November 16 2016

LifeEngineer

haidcar wrote:
vegetaleb wrote:

Fully agree! It is theft! Getting something for much cheaper (or free) when its "creator" is asking a price for it, is like going to a store and stealing something in your pants! It's exactly the same!
I proudly stopped pirating from like 3 years ago and never looked back! It's so much better to feel the freedom and peace!

#43 November 16 2016

anayman_k7

LifeEngineer wrote:
haidcar wrote:
vegetaleb wrote:

Fully agree! It is theft! Getting something for much cheaper (or free) when its "creator" is asking a price for it, is like going to a store and stealing something in your pants! It's exactly the same!
I proudly stopped pirating from like 3 years ago and never looked back! It's so much better to feel the freedom and peace!

Forget piracy, All this huge library of free to play games, and I'm not talking about low quality games (War Thunder, World of tanks, Heroes and Generals), add to that the ability to freely play online without paying 60$ per year! In 2 years 120$ is a price difference of upgrading a graphic card to latest generation (gtx960 to gtx1060 by example), also having Steam with its crazy sales and the ability to use mods that will give you multiple games from a single game (Arma3 Vietnam Mod, WW2 Mod, Survival DayZ mod, Battleroyale Mod, Wasteland Mod, and the list GO ON)

#44 November 16 2016

Salloum

Going a bit off topic here but does anyone have the first-gen PS4? I bought mine the first month it was out and I have the touch buttons and now my PS4 is consistently ejecting discs randomly, when playing games. It is incredibly annoying and has rendered my PS4 basically unusable. I've tried every method to fix it I've found online to no avail.

#45 November 16 2016

haidcar

anayman_k7 wrote:
LifeEngineer wrote:
haidcar wrote:

Forget piracy, All this huge library of free to play games, and I'm not talking about low quality games (War Thunder, World of tanks, Heroes and Generals), add to that the ability to freely play online without paying 60$ per year! In 2 years 120$ is a price difference of upgrading a graphic card to latest generation (gtx960 to gtx1060 by example), also having Steam with its crazy sales and the ability to use mods that will give you multiple games from a single game (Arma3 Vietnam Mod, WW2 Mod, Survival DayZ mod, Battleroyale Mod, Wasteland Mod, and the list GO ON)

I hardly call 60$ expensive to be honest.

Plus they offer pretty good free games every month, like the recent Lords Have Fallen, Resident Evil, Everybody's Gone to the Rapture...

#46 November 16 2016

Satfoun
Banned

Lets all buy NES Classic. It beats everything

#47 November 18 2016

LifeEngineer

haidcar wrote:

I hardly call 60$ expensive to be honest.

Plus they offer pretty good free games every month, like the recent Lords Have Fallen, Resident Evil, Everybody's Gone to the Rapture...

I agree! The 60$/year is pretty cheap! It is 5$/month or only 250LL/day for you to play unlimited online and get 2 games (at least) each month! I remember how we used to pay like 1000LL/hour to play Counter strike in a network!

I'm actually surprised how cheap it is! I subscribed to PS+ immediately after I got the ps4!

#48 November 18 2016

Tech Guru

Got the Pro Today for USD 525 from Khoury Home (Console + Joystick ) with a One Year Warranty (Khoury is a resller of Fattal the Authorized Dealer of Sony Products in Lebanon) which is much better to have an official warranty compared to Nino / Najjar who are giving a 3 months shop warranty !

Got with the 4 K 55 inch HDR TV to enjoy with HDR Awesomeness too on Youtube /Netflex etc.. I consider HDR is the future if you have a chance to see the difference between SDR and HDR you will know what I am talking about - Blacks appear blacks and brights appear naturally bright with a 1.07 billion wide color gamut instead of 16.8 million

. Delivery & Setup will be on Monday with a Movable wall mount. Actually a lot of AAA games has been patching their games to support the added power of the PS4 pro , and upcoming releases will take this advantage . You can find the list on Gamespot:

"Every PS4 Pro Game That Is and Isn't Getting an Upgrade Patch: The PS4 Pro offers 4K resolution, better visuals, and potentially higher frame rate".

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/every- … 0-6443385/

Each Games when with either one mode or different ones but in a Knotshall:

3200 × 1800p /60 or 30 fps upscaled to 4K using checkerboard method.
Native 4K / 60 or 30 fps (Fifa 17 & NBA 2k 17 works at native 4K /60 Fps)
1440p /60 or 30fps upscaled to 4K using checkerboard method.
1080p with an a jump from 30 fps to 60 fps
1080p with Supersampling (rendering at a Higher Resolution and downscaling - Full HD TV sets owner will greatly benefit from that)

Good Tips I knew:   

* In addition to an increase of resolution some games like Last of US & UnCharted 2 supports a wide color gamut /HDR and let the PS4 send an HDR 10bit signal. An HDR capable TV is sure required.

*Other Games , with the addition of Resolition Increased added enhanced textures too.

* Shadow Warrior 2 is the Only PC game currently suppoets HDR (Polaris /Pascal needed for sending a 10 bit HDR Signal) I will try it on the new TV set.

*Gears of War 4 and Froza Horizon 3 ,Ironically , support HDR the Xbox One S and the PC.

*No PC Monitors , even high end PC Gaming, are capable of supporting High Dynamic Range , only SDR.

*4K/60 hz +HDR or 4K/60 hz + HDR + 4 4 4 chroma subsampling increasing the input lag due to additional processing power the TV set is doing. Always read reviews on Rtings.com (Great Technical Website for TV sets reviews)  of the TV Set (that supports HDR)  you are interested In and see what is the input lag in this two modes and if it has an HDR Gaming Mode (Only Samsung has now and Sony with it very expensive Z97 series) The HDR Gaming mode will disable some unwanted background processing and allocate the processing to HDR in order to reduce input lag).

*See how many ports the TV has HDMI 2.0 /HDCP 2.2 that accepts a 10 bit signal - Sales Man donot dive deep - Some tvs has all ports some 1 , some 2.

#49 November 27 2016

Tech Guru

All Set & Checked:

FiS3roc.jpg

CyD989H.jpg

XJMFL0j.jpg

UXAcz0Z.jpg

#50 November 27 2016

elchebib

Very nice man. Enjoy your Pro "thumbs up"