LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#301 June 12 2016

kfc

Re: Amhaz (Stars Communications) shop

ballad wrote:
kfc wrote:
dsoftware.king wrote:

Samsung is beating the hell out of Amhaz, prices at some retailers are only 30$ more and they offer a free cover and screen protection.
and now with some VR offers they are even cheaper than Amhaz.
Amhaz isn't appealing anymore.

same for the iphones but ipads are still much cheaper at amhaz

who has better iphone deals than amhaz?

phonephinity is selling the iphone 6s for 640 with 1 year warranty,

#302 June 12 2016

NuclearVision

wait 3 months for the next iphone.

#303 June 17 2016

dsoftware.king

Carrefour is selling Iphone 6s for 689$ and you get 80$ cashback. that's 609$, cheaper than Amhaz. they also offer 1 year warranty.
Too bad Iam not much into iphones.

#304 June 17 2016

LifeEngineer

guys where we can check their latest pricelist?

#305 June 18 2016

kfc

LifeEngineer wrote:

guys where we can check their latest pricelist?

I am afraid that we cant anymore

#306 June 24 2016

Gamer

Not sure if this related to Amhaz and can not confirm, http://www.3gleb.com/products/mobiles/p … fault.aspx

#307 July 12 2016

Elied

Any idea how much the Nexus 6p costs? Since the website and facebook are down and haven't had the chance to go down there myself.
Also, a little off topic but any ideas where is the best place to buy it? Cheapest price I found is 560$.

#308 July 12 2016

Salloum

You can call 01555555 to check the price. I wouldn't recommend buying the Nexus 6P now, it's too late. Aslan I think it's not available anymore because of low demand.

#309 July 13 2016

Herbalist

Elied wrote:

Any idea how much the Nexus 6p costs? Since the website and facebook are down and haven't had the chance to go down there myself.
Also, a little off topic but any ideas where is the best place to buy it? Cheapest price I found is 560$.

keep us updated, I'm also thinking about getting a 6p.
The prices dropped very recently in the US with project Fi offers, the 6P - $349 and 5X - $199.
Hopefully with this and the low demand on on Nexus devices here, the prices will drop a little.

Last edited by Herbalist (July 13 2016)

#310 July 13 2016

madguylb

hi guys, i called amhaz and they mentioned that the new facebook page is amhaz original (@AmhazOriginal). you can check there the new price list.

#311 October 19 2016

ironman

Oh regarding the great Amhaz,

Let me tell you a story, a friend of mine got his iPhone 6S plus like 2 months ago from Amhaz (Bir El Abed), like 2 weeks ago, he Reset his iphone to factory settings (Erase all content and settings) and guess what ?

"This is not a Software Problem, This is not a Hardware Problem, Please contact your Carrier, the phone is locked"

This is the error message he got, after contacting the great Amhaz ORIGINAL, he told him to read the IMEI, and guess what?

The IMEI on the box is different from the IMEI on the phone,

after negotiations he agreed to "repair" the phone, he has been "repairing" the phone for 3 weeks, and still waiting for the reply of the Carrier to "UNLOCK" the phone, which should be FACTORY UNLOCKED.

So yea.... Amhaz Original

#312 October 19 2016

ballad

ironman wrote:

Oh regarding the great Amhaz,

Let me tell you a story, a friend of mine got his iPhone 6S plus like 2 months ago from Amhaz (Bir El Abed), like 2 weeks ago, he Reset his iphone to factory settings (Erase all content and settings) and guess what ?

"This is not a Software Problem, This is not a Hardware Problem, Please contact your Carrier, the phone is locked"

This is the error message he got, after contacting the great Amhaz ORIGINAL, he told him to read the IMEI, and guess what?

The IMEI on the box is different from the IMEI on the phone,

after negotiations he agreed to "repair" the phone, he has been "repairing" the phone for 3 weeks, and still waiting for the reply of the Carrier to "UNLOCK" the phone, which should be FACTORY UNLOCKED.

So yea.... Amhaz Original

and most stores get their phones from amhaz, so we have a national problem.

I once got an iphone 6 from him, 1st the packaging was looking fishy, it was like repackaged and the box was scratched and all, 2nd the phone was japanese, you silence it from the mute button and the camera still makes the shutter sound

https://www.ifixit.com/Answers/View/283 … ravel+help

My bet is that he buys iphones that have been refurbished from apple stores worldwide, japan, usa and most european countries, that's why he can maintain a cheap price.

Last edited by ballad (October 19 2016)

#313 October 19 2016

Salloum

Buying a non-current iPhone (7 or 7 Plus) from Amhaz will 99% of the time get you a refurb one.

#314 October 19 2016

Georges00

They set up a company in China.
You figure out why.

#315 October 19 2016

Salloum

Georges00 wrote:

They set up a company in China.
You figure out why.

Well I don't know about that but if they think they can sell fake phones, they underestimate the average Lebanese consumer...

#316 November 16 2016

xterm

Recent messages since the incident were deleted, I'd like to remind everyone that this is a technology forum.

Thank you for understanding.

LebGeeks Rules wrote:

8. No religion or politics. This is a technology forum.

#317 November 16 2016

nas93

xterm wrote:

Recent messages since the incident were deleted, I'd like to remind everyone that this is a technology forum.

Thank you for understanding.

LebGeeks Rules wrote:

8. No religion or politics. This is a technology forum.

No thank you for keeping our small community clean.

#318 March 6 2017

AVOlio

Are they still around?
Last I heard they raided them.
Are they still operational?

#319 March 6 2017

Draguen

yes they have a new Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/AmhazOriginal/ … &ref=br_tf

But well, personally my conscience won't let me buy from them after witnessing how the owner and owner's family live and do with their money, in addition to their horrible after sale services where they constantly tell you that it's your fault and they can't do anything about it.

#320 March 7 2017

AVOlio

Draguen wrote:

yes they have a new Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/AmhazOriginal/ … &ref=br_tf

But well, personally my conscience won't let me buy from them after witnessing how the owner and owner's family live and do with their money, in addition to their horrible after sale services where they constantly tell you that it's your fault and they can't do anything about it.

What do you mean about the owner and his family?
Also have you experienced such a case with them where after sales they told you like that?

#321 March 7 2017

Draguen

Yes, i had a few friends whose phones started to develop hardware problems (an iPhone with a battery issue and a sony that took water damage despite being properly handled).
The Sony guy was told straight on that water damage is not under the warranty (not thrue if the ports were properly sealed), and the iPhone guy had his battery replaced after arguing, by another misbehaving battery. He ended up going to a local cell shop for the 3rd battery replacement.

Regarding the rest, well i do want to go into details due to the rules of this forum, but the guy is the representation of everything that is not working in the country, including corrupting officers and getting a "get of out of jail" free card due to his political backing.

Edit: when buying a phone, trust that the seller is doing business in good faith is paramount, just check the reviews on his Facebook page.

Phonefinity on the other hand is only slightly more expensive but will handle any issues you have with your phone professionally, as per my first hand experience.

Last edited by Draguen (March 7 2017)

#322 June 16 2017

infiniteloop

They are selling the S8 for 100$ less than CTC version, I am very tempted to get one, anyone bought S8 with Amhaz warranty?
Do you think they will swap with another S8 if it gets the known red tint problem?

#323 June 16 2017

Draguen

infiniteloop wrote:

They are selling the S8 for 100$ less than CTC version, I am very tempted to get one, anyone bought S8 with Amhaz warranty?
Do you think they will swap with another S8 if it gets the known red tint problem?

Hey, sorry if i sound like a broken record, but amhaz Warranty is pure BS. They will tell you that it's your fault if anything happened, then that it's a software warranty, and finally make you pay for botched repairs after making you feel like shit.

Ctc is currently holding a promotion for father's day. If you buy the phone online on their website, you get a 100$ gift card.

Frankly if you wish to get the phone at a better price, phonefinity should be your reference since the guy is honest, even if he's slightly more expensive than amhaz.

#324 June 18 2017

Karimkha97

Did phonefinity close ?

#325 June 18 2017

Draguen

Not to the best of my knowledge :

https://www.phonefinity.net

Board footer