LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 March 18 2007

WizaRd

Laptops Beirut/Dubai

Hello,

I want to ask if any of you has any idea about the difference in prices between beirut and dubai (or UAE) because im going there for my easter vacation...

I found a good deal here,

HP Compaq RH455EA NX 9420
Dual Core2 T7200 4MB L2Cache
2GB(2x1GB) DDr2 Ram 667MHz
256MB Nvidia GeForce 7400 Go Turbo Cache VRAM
HD 120GB
17" WXGA+brightview
LightScribe DVD+/-RW
Bluetooth 802.11b/g Wireless Lan
7-in-1 media reader
Wi-Fi
Windows XP Pro, 1Yr. Warranty

all for $1923 with TVA and everything (yes im going to pay cash)

i doubt i could find a much better deal overseas.. my budget is everything below the $2100 USD.

let me know if you have any infos to add.

thanks

Last edited by Flyingwizard (March 18 2007)

#2 March 18 2007

battikh

Re: Laptops Beirut/Dubai

i'm currently in dubai, i'll check for the prices for similar specs and tell you (or give me teh specs u want and i'll check what is available), i'll try to check tomorrow.
but in tech things, phones, laptops, ... the difference in prices between lebanon and dubai is not as much as before, it's nowadays almost the same, so don't expect a big difference.

#3 March 18 2007

WizaRd

hey !! thanks for the reply.

the basic stuff i want is T7200 + processor.. for the 4MB L2 Cache or the equivalent AMD 64 X2 TL-56
i insist as well on a 2GB DDr2 ram (most of the offers are 1GB but upgradable.. so that would do it)
I also would like to have a dedicated vga GeForce 7400+ 256MB minimum
wel screen to be wide men el 15'' w bettale3...
other details kelloun the same .. bluetooth, wifi, etc etc

i know a store there, jackys.. its famous,

http://www.jackys.com/j_items.asp?ic=DV6189   if you can find me how much this one would cost eza baddeh zid 1GB ram taysiro 2GB i'll be really really thankful... coz this is basicly the system i need, bass the 2gigs are a must

or how much is the vga on this one http://www.jackys.com/j_items.asp?ic=DV6284

from my experience, HP lappies are the best when it comes to price and components..

3anjadd thanks if you can help me on this one and ask for me at jackys or at any store that has some close specs to this one (eza l2it gheir HP, do not hesitate to mention the offers)

cheers!

#4 March 18 2007

WizaRd

US$ 1,358.42 is a big difference.. eza 3tabarna 1GB ram from HP costs $100 metel in lebanon sorna $1,458.42.. 3meleh 'chiffre rond' sarit $1,500 ktir mni7 :)

i will wait for your reply , w eza baddak they do have a lot of showrooms with phone # the jackys people

yalla im excited hehe

take care!

#5 March 20 2007

WizaRd

it seems jackys is only an online seller, i will try to email them and ask the questions about the upgrade..

anyway, any news concerning the specs i posted ?

thanks a lot

#6 March 22 2007

battikh

sorry, i was very busy the past 2 days at work, cound'nt pass by any shop. khalas, i promise i'll check today, we7yeit shwerbeh.

#7 March 22 2007

battikh

HP dv6298
centrino core 2 duo T5500 (1.66Ghz, 2MB L2 Cache)
15.4" WXGA brightView
120GB HDD
2GB RAM
128MB nVidia GeForce GO 7400
CD/DVD super multi drive
Windows Vista Home Premium
WiFi, Bluetooth, Remote controle
5 in 1 card reader
1.3 MP camera

1648$

HP dv 2297ea
centrino core 2 dup T7200 (2.0 GHz, 4MB L2 cache)
14.1" WXGA BrightView
160GB HDD
2GB RAM
128MB nVidia GeForce Go 7200
CD/DVD super multi drive
Windows Vista Home Premium
WiFi, Bluetooth, Remote controle
5 in 1 card reader

1594$

Toshiba Qosmio F30-140
Centrino core 2 duo T7200 (2.0 GHz, 4MB L2 cache)
15.4" WXGA TFT TrueBrite
120GB HDD
1GB RAM
256MB nVidia GeForce Go 7600
CD/DVD super multi drive
Windows Media Center Edition
WiFi, Bluetooth, TV Tuner

sorry, i took pictures of the specs and prices with my cellphone and this one is too blurry  but it's around 2000$

#8 March 22 2007

WizaRd

omg the last one is a killer !!!

others are okay except for the VGA..

THANKS A LOT !!

what shop was that ?

i'm hoping they get me the visa before the easter break or else i'll be staying in this country until summer :(

#9 March 23 2007

battikh

it's compu-me in mall of the emirates.

i bought a qosmio around 1 year and a half, it's really w7oush, really great specs, but you have to know that they are very heavy, very big and thick, do a LOOOTS of sound (the fans ma byou2afo), fik tekweh tyebak fi add ma byeskhon, and the battery life is between 1hour, 1hour 30min maximum. halla2 mine is a F10, so i don't know is they made any improvements since that, bass i'm very pleased with it (i dont care about weight, neither battery life, wherever i go i plug it).
when i bought it from dubai 1 year ago, the difference between lebanon and dubai was around 600$ on teh qosmio, and only 50$ on the satellites, so the difference in prices is a matter of which model your getting.

for the visa, if it's your hotel that does it, it should only take 2 or 3 days

#10 April 24 2007

aboowissam

Dear Flyingwizard
Your nickname sort of tells that are a frequent flyer probably with an airline however just think for a moment if you need to purchase a laptop with a local warranty you should never do it in Dubai and then return to Lebanon and face problems so my suggestion is Either to buy with international WARRANTY from either Dubai or Beirut or with local warranty  wherever you live.
n.b. Both Beirut and Dubai have very good prices in Beirut  usually the good buys are always the ones with local warranty.

#11 April 24 2007

WizaRd

I cant recall seeing any international warranty on any laptop in Lebanon.

On the other hand, let's just say i will wait until summer or christmas heik betkoun nezlit eshya jdideh since i spent some of the money i was saving

#12 April 25 2007

aboowissam

Dear pal
In lebanon it's true it's Khabissah but some sites have real professional items anyway just email me the spec from Dubai and I will be more than pleased to check again here and send you the exact price.
n.b. only when you purchase @ duty free and main agents whether here or in Dubai you will be able to abtain international warranty and for Laptops only and to be honest with you that'll be costlier the Local warranty.

#13 April 25 2007

battikh

in dubai no. i got my laptop from computer plaza (it's a small center with only computer related shops) with an international warranty and it's like sou2 el khedra. u litteraly go to 1 shop, ask him for the price for a certain model, go to another shop there, he gives u another price (higher), u tell him u got it for less from another shop so he starts reducing the price and u keep negociating like that till getting the best price.

#14 May 12 2007

aboowissam

BTW in Beirut we have HP and IBM official agencies they are the main official suppliers also sole agents for Dubai and other gulf countries.
My first visit to Dubai was in 1975 and the best imported products were from Lebanon at that time we had Olivetti and many other computer companies whereby Dubai hardly had any.

Board footer