LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1676 September 28 2016

Totoro

Re: Feedback for Sodetel

ManOwaRR wrote:

Yeah i did years ago
For gaming terranet still has the lowest latency 58-60ms
Ogero is next on 74-80ms
Sodetel 110ms stable with fixed ip

Thank you! Well as long as it's stable I'm okay with that.
Until I have the time to apply and wait for Ogero to replace Sodetel I'm going to stick with that plan.

#1677 October 3 2016

Totoro

I noticed a problem (which to Sodetel was completely normal) yesterday, I would disconnect every day at 9:45 exactly. It's a 5 second disconnect and comes back rather quickly but I can't afford a DC because then 19 other people would die in the game I play.

Anyway, I called Sodetel and they told me something about the "Refresh Rate" that's disconnecting me. Then I was like okay well give me a solution because they probably just thought I wanted to know what's wrong and not fix it or something.

They told me to turn off my router and turn it back on an hour before I start playing. I did that and the refresh rate did change but to 9:00 this time instead of 9:45.

So I guess my question is, if I don't want my connection to refresh from 8:30pm till 1:30 am what can I do and when should I restart my router?

Thank you for taking the time to read my rant ^^.

#1678 October 3 2016

nuclearcat

IMHO bullshit about "refresh". Most probably they just have retarded BRAS and billing, that cannot handle radius CoA. Or just a improper hack to disconnect users at least each 24h (it might be done for various purposes, but again if BRAS/billing are not done properly).

#1679 October 17 2016

Totoro

Hey again guys, I called Sodetel to subscribe to the ping plan. I know it's expensive but right now I need it.

When I called, the sales department told me that they need 48 hours to check if there's an available 'plug' for fixed IP in the central, I thought that was a BS answer.

Can anyone confirm that claim?

#1680 December 31 2016

Adnan

Ummmm my modem doesn't want to get a default gateway IP (i.e. the Sodetel Gateway).  It's only receiving its own public IP and the DNS server. How's this thing gonna even route?

Edit: solved by resetting the modem.

Last edited by Adnan (January 1 2017)

#1681 February 16 2017

supra

Hello guys,

Does anybody know if Sodetel is using DOCSIS 2.0 or DOCSIS 3.0 ?

#1682 February 16 2017

FadZ

"Up to 4 mbps" my ass
Internet Speed Sodetel

#1683 February 24 2017

elserge82

Have you seen the ad by sodetel?
Free modem
free first month
free setup

it comes that I'm interested in this plan. They sent me a quotation for a 25 000 setup, is it normal?

Last edited by elserge82 (February 24 2017)

#1684 March 27 2017

abboudz

Hi guys,

For the past week, and surprisingly, I'm noticing a very stable ping throughout the whole day. I used to only play CS:GO during the night for stable ping, but now even during peak times I am getting a stable 79ms ping to google.

Is anyone else noticing an improvement? I hope this is not only temporary.

Thanks

#1685 March 27 2017

Totoro

Same thing here! I recently called and emailed complaining about how terrible the connection was during peak hours and received a call back saying my ping is going to be fine but will lag a bit from 4pm to 6pm (which is okay for me).

Ever since then I've been getting 74-90ms which is awesome honestly but it feels a bit surreal lol.

I live in Baabda, subbed to the fixed IP plan.

I really hope this isn't temporary because I've finally been able to enjoy gaming this past week.

#1686 March 27 2017

abboudz

btw, i'm not on the fixed ip plan, and getting such ping values. It's worth checking that since I assume you're paying an extra fee for the fixed ip.

Totoro wrote:

Same thing here! I recently called and emailed complaining about how terrible the connection was during peak hours and received a call back saying my ping is going to be fine but will lag a bit from 4pm to 6pm (which is okay for me).

Ever since then I've been getting 74-90ms which is awesome honestly but it feels a bit surreal lol.

I really hope this isn't temporary because I've finally been able to enjoy gaming this past week.

#1687 March 31 2017

Totoro

abboudz wrote:

btw, i'm not on the fixed ip plan, and getting such ping values. It's worth checking that since I assume you're paying an extra fee for the fixed ip.

Totoro wrote:

Thank you!

#1688 April 1 2017

Flakk

Sodetel user here, Jdeideh central and I can confirm that for the past two weeks I have been experiencing the best connection in terms of latency and speed ALL DAY LONG(70ms to EU servers and 4MB plan). I have been enjoying alot of online gaming and HD streaming, and I hope this is not temporary !

Edit : And Im not on the fixed IP plan.

Last edited by Flakk (April 1 2017)

#1689 April 25 2017

hassanmoukadem

Using 4 mb plan, i cannot stream videos on fb, and cant do an mac os internet recovery, it dose not even connect and times out, whereas when i borrow my neighbors 2 mb ogero plan, its way faster, what a shame

when  youu contact support they tell you to call 1278, when you call them they say everything is normal. when you mention you cant stream , they say all isps have the issue, when u tell them i am also using ogero and its not, they say we dont know about other isps, when you tell them you cant use it to recover and os and it times out, they say i dont understand what you mean by os recovery.....

disgusting....

i beg that if anyone has a managerial contact / email at sodetel to share it, since they didnt even accept to share it with me.
next step ill use social media :)

#1690 April 25 2017

Adnan

hassanmoukadem wrote:

Using 4 mb plan, i cannot stream videos on fb, and cant do an mac os internet recovery, it dose not even connect and times out, whereas when i borrow my neighbors 2 mb ogero plan, its way faster, what a shame

when  u contact support they tell u to call 1278, when u call them they say everything is normal. when u mention u cant stream , they say all isps have the issue, when u tell them i am also using ogero and its not, they say we dont know about other isps, when u tell them u cant use it to recover and os and it times out, they say i dont understand what u mean by os recovery.....

disgusting....

i beg that if anyone has a managerial contact / email at sodetel to share it, since they didnt even accept to share it with me.
next step ill use social media :)

Have you done the necessary diagnostics on your side ?
1) What are your DSL line stats? Are you actually syncing at 4Mbps?
2) How many devices are connected? Is there any that's consuming too much bandwidth?

#1691 April 26 2017

hassanmoukadem

only my pc and phone.

if at syncing you mean AutoSync, i was using that until i started getting continuous disconnections , and called support who told me to switch to T1.413.

I have to say browsing is good, but streaming dose not stream a video for more than a second until it buffers and then another second and again.

might that be something from my side?

#1692 April 27 2017

Adnan

hassanmoukadem wrote:

only my pc and phone.

if at syncing you mean AutoSync, i was using that until i started getting continuous disconnections , and called support who told me to switch to T1.413.

I have to say browsing is good, but streaming dose not stream a video for more than a second until it buffers and then another second and again.

might that be something from my side?

What speed do you get when you do a speedtest at speedtest.net ? If it's too low then check the sync rate of your modem, i.e. navigate to your router's status page and you should see at which speed the modem is connected to your central.

#1693 April 27 2017

hassanmoukadem

max i get is a 2 mb if am using T1.413
if i go for autosync i get a 3mb but as per them, SNR increases and connection strats dropping and reconnecting every 5 minutes

#1694 April 27 2017

hassanmoukadem

But the issue dose not stop there.. even if i get a 4mb, i cannot stream any smallest video on FB and cannot even connect to Apple to recover my OS using Internet recovery... on ogero i can cannot with no issue ( on a 2mb plan)

#1695 April 27 2017

Adnan

Well, I suggest you check further because your line doesn't seem to be handling any load. Can you try downloading a file and checking the download speed, and if the line doesn't drop during the transfer.

#1696 June 9 2017

ahb21

Hello, thought I'd share som feedback on Sodetel.

I'm currently subscribed to their $69 16Mbps download and 2Mbps upload 80GB volume DSL service.
The internet connection is quite fast compared to other service providers I've experienced in my region, and the ping is below 100ms most of the time too. My only problem is that most days between 7PM and 11PM the connection gets extremely slow and the ping rises up to the thousand on all servers (I'm assuming it's a traffic problem in my area?)
However, during the rest of the day the internet is fast and the ping is stable.
6362905409.png

#1697 June 9 2017

Kazouza

ahb21 wrote:

Hello, thought I'd share som feedback on Sodetel.

I'm currently subscribed to their $69 16Mbps download and 2Mbps upload 80GB volume DSL service.
The internet connection is quite fast compared to other service providers I've experienced in my region, and the ping is below 100ms most of the time too. My only problem is that most days between 7PM and 11PM the connection gets extremely slow and the ping rises up to the thousand on all servers (I'm assuming it's a traffic problem in my area?)
However, during the rest of the day the internet is fast and the ping is stable.
http://www.speedtest.net/result/6362905409.png

What about around 11PM - 7AM?

#1698 June 10 2017

ahb21

Kazouza wrote:

What about around 11PM - 7AM?

The internet is perfectly fine, the ping is stable and the internet is fast.

#1699 June 21 2017

Mhmd

Any news from Sodetel users regarding prices/speeds

#1700 June 21 2017

omar_killer

No but yesterday my DSL downstream rate jumped from 8mbps to 14.5 mbps, still no speed changes.

Board footer