LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 September 22 2016

Sebas98619

cablevision vs official bein receiver

Hey guys, so I want to subscribe to either cablevision or the official bein receiver. I am mostly interested in the bein sports channels. Cablevision costs 180 dollars per year while bein sports costs 240. So is it better to get cablevision ? My main concern is the signal of cablevision( i live in zalka and i am not sure whether the signal is good) and if i lose the signal when it is raining. So what do you guys recommend ?

Last edited by Sebas98619 (September 22 2016)

#2 September 22 2016

xazbrat

Re: cablevision vs official bein receiver

Honestly, if all you are worried about are the Bein channels, I would go with the Bein receiver.  My parents decided to get the cablevision receiver and the receiver is a piece of crap.  It lacks basic things like sorting and organizing favorites.  I would avoid if at all possible.  Also, I do believe you are mistaken on the price of the Bein package with CV--it is $300 per year, not $180.  http://www.cablevision.com.lb/subpage.aspx?pageid=6

Additionally, with the Bein receiver, all of the sports channels are in HD--not all of the ones that come with CV are in HD.  Bein also offers movie channels and other entertainment so while you may not get the OSN channels, there are other options.  And finally, there is I think an online option, so you can watch matches on another device if you are not if front of your TV.  If you lose the signal in the rain or other weather, this may help you get over that (at least the LL37,500 option has that).

gl

Last edited by xazbrat (September 22 2016)

#3 September 23 2016

Sebas98619

xazbrat wrote:

Honestly, if all you are worried about are the Bein channels, I would go with the Bein receiver.  My parents decided to get the cablevision receiver and the receiver is a piece of crap.  It lacks basic things like sorting and organizing favorites.  I would avoid if at all possible.  Also, I do believe you are mistaken on the price of the Bein package with CV--it is $300 per year, not $180.

Additionally, with the Bein receiver, all of the sports channels are in HD--not all of the ones that come with CV are in HD.  Bein also offers movie channels and other entertainment so while you may not get the OSN channels, there are other options.  And finally, there is I think an online option, so you can watch matches on another device if you are not if front of your TV.  If you lose the signal in the rain or other weather, this may help you get over that (at least the LL37,500 option has that).

gl

Thank you much. Doesnt the 300 dollars include the installation fee and then I renew yearly for 180 ? Isn't that the price for the basic package + bein only(without osn) Or have I got it all wrong ?

Last edited by Sebas98619 (September 23 2016)

#4 September 23 2016

xazbrat

Sebas98619 wrote:
xazbrat wrote:

Honestly, if all you are worried about are the Bein channels, I would go with the Bein receiver.  My parents decided to get the cablevision receiver and the receiver is a piece of crap.  It lacks basic things like sorting and organizing favorites.  I would avoid if at all possible.  Also, I do believe you are mistaken on the price of the Bein package with CV--it is $300 per year, not $180.

gl

Thank you much. Doesnt the 300 dollars include the installation fee and then I renew yearly for 180 ? Isn't that the price for the basic package + bein only(without osn) Or have I got it all wrong ?

The $300 is the annual subscription fee which is Bein plus OSN--afaik, they don't give you an option without OSN.  Initial setup costs will be around $75 for the receiver, 10 or $15 for the card, the $300 for the subscription and any installation costs, so close to $450 for a year startup.

Edit:  just noticed the new prices.  The Bein without OSN is new and is indeed $180.  So, your installation would be around $280 or so,  Still have issues with receiver though, but if price is a factor, than go with the less expensive option.  If I could choose my own receiver, I would choose CV in a heartbeat, but their receivers have a terrible interface, so I would chose something else.

#5 September 23 2016

Sebas98619

xazbrat wrote:

The $300 is the annual subscription fee which is Bein plus OSN--afaik, they don't give you an option without OSN.  Initial setup costs will be around $75 for the receiver, 10 or $15 for the card, the $300 for the subscription and any installation costs, so close to $450 for a year startup.

Edit:  just noticed the new prices.  The Bein without OSN is new and is indeed $180.  So, your installation would be around $280 or so,  Still have issues with receiver though, but if price is a factor, than go with the less expensive option.  If I could choose my own receiver, I would choose CV in a heartbeat, but their receivers have a terrible interface, so I would chose something else.

Oh alright thank you !!

#6 September 23 2016

vegetaleb
Banned

Here you go http://www.sfr.fr/offre-internet/box-adsl/
In conclusion: boycott both bein Lebanon and CV because they steal you plain and simple

#7 September 23 2016

Sebas98619

vegetaleb wrote:

Here you go
In conclusion: boycott both bein Lebanon and CV because they steal you plain and simple

Wish that were possible :/

Last edited by Sebas98619 (September 23 2016)

#8 September 28 2016

amkahal

Guys, does cablevision BEIN channels meet those from official BEIN in term of quality (Resolution, Motion, ...) ?

#9 September 28 2016

xazbrat

amkahal wrote:

Guys, does cablevision BEIN channels meet those from official BEIN in term of quality (Resolution, Motion, ...) ?

There are 16 or 17 Bein channels--not all of the ones offered by CV are in HD.  Maybe a handful aren't in HD, but the quality of the picture of those in HD is probably comparable.

Of course there is the matter of the crappy receiver by CV

#10 September 29 2016

Salloum

They're both blind robbery. I wound up buying a beIN receiver from Saudi, paying my subscription there and installing it here. Best option possible. If you have to choose between these two I'd go for the beIN for sure. Cablevision is useless.

#11 September 29 2016

amkahal

Salloum wrote:

They're both blind robbery. I wound up buying a beIN receiver from Saudi, paying my subscription there and installing it here. Best option possible. If you have to choose between these two I'd go for the beIN for sure. Cablevision is useless.

Please Explain what do you mean by "Cablevision in useless", since my subscription will depend on your feedback :) .

#12 September 29 2016

Salloum

I personally don't have it, but my sister and her family do, and it keeps cutting when it rains, channels keep going away, plus other than beIN and OSN, there is not much to watch. It really is very overrated. at the end of the day it depends on your personal needs, where you live and what options do you have. unfortunately some people can only choose between cablevision and their local "manta2a" zalame to get TV services. In that case, I wish you good luck.

Board footer