LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 August 15 2016

SamirTafesh

Hello and Happy to join

Hello,

I am Samir Tafesh, 44 years Old, I graduated from LAU 1995 BS computer Science, LAU MBA 2005,
i have more than 20 years experience in IT, IOT and Telecom
1-I started with UNDP - Saudi Arabia  - Developed the digital Archive Solution, and the Visa Solution for Saudi embassies.
2-Moved to ICC, International Computer and Communication, beirut, worked as Support engineer (Unix, Network, ......)
3-in 1998 i joined Cellis (alfa now), started as system engineer, Head of Application Unit, (Specialized in Migration and System Integration), My unit developed the data-warehouse system, Archive System, we did the migration to the new billing system, ........
4-in 2008, i moved to COMIUM (Sierra Leon) as productivity Director
5-2009, i became the Group Application and Support director for COMIUM, based in Ivory Cost
6-2011, I took another Position in COMIUM Ivory Cost (Innovation director) Developed many Services like: Dynamic charging System for prepaid subscribers, integrate Network devices to Soft application ........
7-2012, i became the Commercial Director and Deputy General Manager (COMIUM Ivory Cost)
8-mid 2013, I became the General Manager of COMIUM Ivory Cost) till i left in August 2014
9- Since August 2014, i started to Work as an Independent Consultant in the Telecom and the (IOT & M2M)
i developed a PLC (Power Line Communication) board, and developed a protocol Addressable Serial Communication over power Line, (you can check my channel on youtube "Samir Tafesh" for a presentation related to PLC.
Now i am Developing new devices for Home Automation and IOT communicating over HTTP and MQTT

Thank you and Wish the best for All
Samir Tafesh

#2 August 15 2016

TheStunMan

Re: Hello and Happy to join

Hi Samir, nice to see someone who is very much experienced in the telecom industry in lebgeeks. I'll make sure to subscribe and watch your videos.
I see you were in alfa. Can't you rejoin at alfa again?  having a much better experience than before.

#3 August 15 2016

SamirTafesh

Thank you, TheStunMan, i will consider your advice
Regards
Samir tafesh

#4 August 15 2016

amine.mallah

Welcome to the Forums, We are pleased to have someone like you here in the forums :)

#5 August 16 2016

Totoro

Welcome to the forums! LAU Grad here too. I was born two years prior to your graduation though .

#6 August 17 2016

Mero55

Hey!

Welcome aboard!!
Awesome to find someone with similar interests(and projects) here.
Best of Luck!!

#7 August 17 2016

SamirTafesh

thank you all,
Reading some of the posts on the forum, i see that there are many talented members
So i hope that we can build a team to build new products which can help our community.
Regards
Samir Tafesh

#8 August 17 2016

Mero55

Hey!

Yup, we really should do a community project some time soon!

#9 August 17 2016

tiny fx

I'm an LAU graduate as well! class of 2015 albeit in civil engineering. I am focusing on green building design so our paths may cross some day if you are focusing on automation and IOT. Until then,best of luck and welcome to the forums!

#10 August 17 2016

SamirTafesh

Thank you tiny fx,
Ready to help in any idea or project,
Currently, i am out of country til next week, up on my return, i can provide you with an online Demo related to Home Automation where every device is developed locally and hosted on my DSL connection in my workshop.

Regards and thank you
Samir Tafesh

Board footer