LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 August 7 2016

Metalloy

App hosting: local vs cloud vs firm's server

Dear geeks,

I wanted to check the pros and cons of hosting apps in the options mentioned in the title.
of course the biggest factor will be cost, but I don't have enough knowledge to estimate the cost of using services such as AWS or AZURE to compare it with the quotation given to me by the firm's own server.
At the moment local server is not a possibility but would like to see how it fares with the other 2 options.
I'm not sure what details I need to provide so kindly ask away.
thanks for the help.

#2 August 9 2016

MonarchyS

Re: App hosting: local vs cloud vs firm's server

Hey Metalloy,

It really depends on what you need. Keep in mind that AWS has free services if you do not have much traffic on your server-app. Some details that can help would be an estimation of how much traffic (requests) you need to support and how much storage you need for example. Also using a third party host releases you from a lot of server configuration that is already taken care of. Hosting a local server in Lebanon is probably not the best option in any case.

MonarchyS

#3 August 9 2016

Metalloy

Re: App hosting: local vs cloud vs firm's server

thanks monarchy for the reply.
The traffic will be high, you can consider it close in nature to aliexpress app.
we ended up choosing azure as the firm have special discount  with azure and I wasn't really satisfied with local hosting being in Lebanon.

Board footer