LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 August 2 2016

AliAhmad

Building basic mobile apps?

hi,what are the languages you need to know to build basic apps on android and ios?and i don't know anything about programming,only a little bit of html...Also tell me if i shouldn't start directly with building apps and if i need to learn anything before.

#2 August 2 2016

anayman_k7

Re: Building basic mobile apps?

Android: Java (also XML and some Gradle configuration)
iOS: Swift (it is a language made by Apple)

It depends on what you want to do, but learning something before something else will not hurt you

#3 August 3 2016

MAS

if you know some html, you can learn css and javascript (which is easier to learn than native languages)
and then you can start creating basic apps with any cross-platform tools

#4 August 3 2016

Frebaz

The programming language is not your problem, you should start to think like a programmer and understand how an app/software works, the life cycle of the apps, how things work in programming and all these stuff, once you know these + you know how to search the web specially stackoverflow, making apps will be very easy.

So my advise to you, if you know html, start playing with javascript, make a calculator webpage, the xo game then make something a little more challenging, learn about classes, functions... Then learn a little bit of C++, when you will learn C++ you will also learn about the IDEs and why we need them and how to use them and etc..

After these, making ios and android apps will be easy, you will just need time to understand the FrameWorks and how to use them.

On the other hand, you can directly start with Swift for ios apps, it's an easy language (almost same difficulty as javascript), and build from there, lots of free tutorials out there, learn how to use google ;)

Good Luck and Have Fun

#5 August 6 2016

AliAhmad

Thank you all,I think i will improve my knowledge with html then move to css and javascript and then onto java and swift

#6 February 20 2017

beezer

Reviving an old thread but you might want to look at Xamarin for mobile apps since you can code for all 3 ecosystems (ios/android/windows). Or since you know HTML, a good start might be starting with Ionic v2 since that as well can work for all ecosystems, coupled with Angular, you have a nice set of plugins to make a basic app run really well. Ionic is really close to HTML code.

Depending on the type of app you want to build, your backend could be running on anything some examples are php/mysql or nodejs/mongo. I prefer nodejs/mongo. Then you're gonna be serving that off a web server, maybe Apache or nGinx, my suggestion is nGinx. Anyways, as you can see lots of options.

Keeping it short. HTML knowledge. Ionic.

#7 February 20 2017

samer
Admin

Another interesting option is React Native by Facebook. I've used it recently and have had a good experience with it. I already knew how to use React so the transition was fairly straightforward for me.

Board footer