LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 June 25 2016

PampaZiya

Who uses MOBI DSL?

Hey im using the 2mb from mobi and am curious to see how others are doing with mobi.. for the past month my ping is 130+ and lots and lots of ping spikes and even pinging a server in lebanon using speestest.net will average 130-140.. it used to be 20-40 maximum.. they said the central is overloaded (?) well my friends using idm or terranet or whatever get 80-90 pings on league while i get over 130 and ping spikes to 300-400 (when no one else is using the internet)

AND EVERY SINGLE WEEKEND, theres a problem and the internet is cut for hours.. for ex right now its been 2 hours "fixing the problem" and the customer support are as shitty as it gets:

Me: alo bonjour
Him: 3ana meshkle ok?
Me: o*sakkar*k

Whats your experience with mobi? Am really curious.

And I live in sin el fil beirut

EDIT:

So I was checking the plans and saw something interesting:

DSL 3    2 Mbps    40 GB + FNQ*      $14.99
DSL 6    2 Mbps    50 GB + FNQ*      $25.99

Refill: 1GB = $1

Umm so basically 11$ more for ONLY 10 GB more quota ? If every 1gb is 1$, I can take the DSL3 and refill 10gb for 10 for 24.99$ and save 1$.. where's the logic in that offer ? I called them and apparently the sales department doesn't work on weekends.

Last edited by PampaZiya (June 25 2016)

#2 August 21 2016

PampaZiya

Re: Who uses MOBI DSL?

ISP: Mobi for the last year and half
I have been having this problem since the beginning of 2016 and I have contacted them many, many time but it's always the same.

Speedtest result to approx ALL servers inside lebanon (I tried them all)
Speedtest.net/my-result/5569380568

CMD result when pinging google.com is averaging 110 ms.

League of Legends ping is always stuck on 125 ping to be exact, RARELY lower and just huge ping spikes to 200 + while no one else is using the internet (I checked in the modem's settings)

Is anyone else having this problem and fixed it?

#3 May 20 2017

Ahmad Toutounji

guys if anyone using mobi dsl + free night quota how is the service is the ping as low  and stable as ogero?

#4 August 23 2019

RobotWizard

Hey,

Has anyone tried MOBI Adsl? How does it compare to other providers? Is it stable enough for gaming?

#5 November 26 2019

Techlover

Hey guys,
Anyone using mobi dsl ? Is it stable ?

#6 March 16 2020

Ezio

Techlover wrote:

Hey guys,
Anyone using mobi dsl ? Is it stable ?

NOOO
Very bad service and internet. I got the open speed 120 GB plan. I got 13-15 mb before with Ogero now max 8 MB with mobi. Also ping not stable. and worst of all the games disconnect every now and then. oh and u they need 3-4 minutes to answer your on phone and 99746 years to fix the problem( reported a problem 3 months ago but still nothing changed)

Last edited by Ezio (March 16 2020)

#7 May 4 2020

marianne21

Hello!

It seems that from the time of the replies posted here, (roughly 2016) mobi was performing significantly worse than other providers and ogero. I would like to ask if this has changed now.

They seem to be the only company to offer VDSL (faster than ADSL) on copper cables which would be very useful for me until fiber optic becomes available in my area (Fanar). But even if fiber was available, the plans are considerably more expensive (no unlimited packages and much more expensive per Gb). So I'm considering Mobi's VDSL. I also like that they have plans available with unlimited quota at night which to me works better in terms of value for money than unlimited plans (I'm always up at night hahaha).

How is mobi performing in general? Both ADSL and VDSL if anyone has it.
areas previously mentioned:
- Bad customer service: I have used their chat feature on the website and they are responsive. haven't tried calls.
- Very bad ping and unstable connection (is it still the case?)
- any general comments about them?

Thank you!

#8 May 13 2020

Ezio

Hello Marianne,
From my experience in the last 2 months I can assure you that their costumer service (especially on phone) is soo bad, the same goes for other private isp but to a lesser extent.

Ping was unstable at all, the IT contacting me blamed old cables, but when I switched back to ogero ping became stable again.

I strongly recommend going with ogero if you need high STABLE internet speed and a stable ping. Because they were throttling the internet during peak hours below 100 kb!!
Hope this was helpful
PS: I planned to put some of their advertisement panels on fire due to how much anxiety and stress they caused me

#9 July 4 2020

AVOlio

Anyone uses Mobi still?

They have this campaign going on about free Netflix, YouTube and Starz play consumption without spending your quota.
What is that about, can anyone review that part?

And what about the other parts of their service, like customer service, internet reliability, speed, ping etc...?

#10 July 6 2020

stereotype

Ezio wrote:

Hello Marianne,
From my experience in the last 2 months I can assure you that their costumer service (especially on phone) is soo bad, the same goes for other private isp but to a lesser extent.

Ping was unstable at all, the IT contacting me blamed old cables, but when I switched back to ogero ping became stable again.

I strongly recommend going with ogero if you need high STABLE internet speed and a stable ping. Because they were throttling the internet during peak hours below 100 kb!!
Hope this was helpful
PS: I planned to put some of their advertisement panels on fire due to how much anxiety and stress they caused me

What's your ping like with Ogero? <70ms?

Board footer