LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 March 3 2007

mir

Delete SMS on mobile !

My friend has an Nokia N70
Yesterday.. akal khabta hirzeneh
so.. when she turned it back on
all the sms and pictures and lot of stuff were gone
then suddenly.. when browsing her SMS .. she saw very old SMS that she deleted

First.. any one knows someone or a trick or a way to restore SMS..
and.. when deleting SMS.. y the hell aren't they really deleted ?
makes me think of windows , cuz it is the same with windows

and i think that this is really a privacy issue.. as if someone gets ur phone from nokia and he knows how.. he can restore all kinda old stuff that u intentionally deleted !

so anyone knows about how to delete them for good
or anyone knows how to restore deleted SMS !

Thanks in advancce

#2 March 3 2007

samer
Admin

Re: Delete SMS on mobile !

*moved

#3 March 3 2007

mahdoum

That is weird, don't know the answer but here's a funny story.

My cousin had a program on his phone, once the sim is changed it automatically sends sms with mo. number, imei and other info to his mums number. So he sold his phone and in about 2 weeks the phone had changed hands abour 4/5 times and till this day my coz gets sms from his phone. Everytime he calls the number to tell them to format, the guys reply that we don't have the phone anymore, oh well!

#4 March 4 2007

Padre

i've read couple of articles about it. the police/FBI can restore almost everything u deleted from your cell phone. How to effectively delete them ? well ... my guess is to go down to the eeprom level and erase it, but i dont know how to do it manually. there is a "maintenance" device that allows the operator to flash the OS, erase eeprom and stuff like that, maybe it helps.

#5 March 4 2007

rolf

If the memory is removable, then you can put it in a memory reader and work on it. But i think the sms are stored on the internal memory :(

#6 March 4 2007

samer
Admin

you can access the internal memory's file system in sony ericsson phones. I don't know about Nokia phones though...

Board footer