LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 November 2 2015

Silentcontrol

Nexus 6p availability in lebanon

Hey guys the title pretty much explains it, anyone knows where or when i'll find nexus 6p in lebanon?

#2 November 2 2015

Ziad87

Re: Nexus 6p availability in lebanon

I think it's still too early to be looking for it right now.

Stars Communications will probably get it soon. However, they currently don't seem to sell any Huawei devices. They also don't sell any Motorola devices but last year they got the Nexus 6. So hopefully they'll get the 6P. If I remember correctly, they got the Nexus 6 at a very good price but it took a couple of months to be available.

By the way, I want one too. In case you find it anywhere please post your results here. I'll also do the same if I see it anywhere.

#3 November 2 2015

Salloum

CTC is the official carrier of Huawei in Lebanon, so hopefully it should drop soon in 32, 64 and 128GB variants. And yes, you can expect the price to be ridiculous.

#4 November 2 2015

Houssam

it might be faster/more cost efficient to order it from handtek or clove and have it shipped to lebanon/ a friend and let him bring it home :)

#5 November 2 2015

Doom

Nexus 5x @550$ on amhaz,no 6p though.

EDIT:Nevermind,Just realised that there is no huawei section in amhaz =P

Last edited by Doom (November 2 2015)

#6 November 2 2015

Silentcontrol

Doom wrote:

Nexus 5x @550$ on amhaz,no 6p though.

EDIT:Nevermind,Just realised that there is no huawei section in amhaz =P

550 $ almost double the price !

#7 November 2 2015

Silentcontrol

Houssam wrote:

it might be faster/more cost efficient to order it from handtek or clove and have it shipped to lebanon/ a friend and let him bring it home :)

if i ship it to lebanon how much will i get charged on customs ?!

#8 November 2 2015

Georges00

Silentcontrol wrote:
Houssam wrote:

It's a gamble. You cant know.

#9 November 2 2015

Silentcontrol

Georges00 wrote:
Silentcontrol wrote:
Houssam wrote:

LOL ok
does it atleast arrive in one peace?

#10 November 2 2015

Houssam

my first android phone was Galaxy S1
i ordered it as soon as it was released and got it delivered to Qatar (i used to work there) it came perfectly fine within 15-20 days as i remember

#11 November 3 2015

Georges00

Silentcontrol wrote:
Georges00 wrote:
Silentcontrol wrote:

LOL ok
does it atleast arrive in one peace?

I ordered electronics before. They arrived and working fine. But they toss the items around :/

#12 November 11 2015

Georges00

Apparently Nexus 6P back glass is cracking randomly. Wait for more details on this issue!

#13 November 11 2015

Salloum

It also seems to be prone to accidental bending like the iPhone 6 Plus. I was excited by the idea of a high-end Nexus, but I already went through this with the 6 Plus. I managed to keep it from bending for about 6 months until I removed it from a hard shell cover once and had to pull a bit hard. Bent the damned thing and had to sell it cheap. I'm passing.

Last edited by Salloum (November 11 2015)

#14 November 12 2015

Silentcontrol

Guys i researched a bit about the bending it turned out to be false only 1 popular guy managed to bend it others tried so hard but failed notice in the video where it get bent you dont see the huawei name under the nexus maybe it's a fake maybe a pre launch prototype.

#15 November 12 2015

Ziad87

I don't think it was a fake device. He posted another video where he opens a new Nexus 6P box and he still managed to easily bend it as the first one. It seems like he's putting a lot of pressure at the exact weakest point of the device. He's also pinching the ends of the phone with his fingers. This isn't a realistic scenario. The only concern for consumers should be if the phone bends in regular use cases like being placed in a skinny jeans front pocket. So far I haven't seen reports of it bending in pockets.

If you check forums and the 6P subreddit you'll also find some other issues. Some people are reporting issues with the screens (white balance), speakers (uneven balance), bottom glass panel unaligned, top glass panel randomly cracking. Hopefully these are just few occurrences. It's hard to tell how prevalent they are because people who encounter issues will always be the vocal minority.

#16 May 25 2016

Ra8

Does anyone know where the 6p is available in Lebanon? I searched many places in the past week, most of them don't have it and the rest has only the 32GB model. Some places I asked are: Class and Stars Communication in City Center; I also asked many small shops on the road.

If you have any idea where I can find this phone please share it, preferably in the Metn / Keserwan area.

#17 May 26 2016

silo_m8

Ra8 wrote:

Does anyone know where the 6p is available in Lebanon? I searched many places in the past week, most of them don't have it and the rest has only the 32GB model. Some places I asked are: Class and Stars Communication in City Center; I also asked many small shops on the road.

If you have any idea where I can find this phone please share it, preferably in the Metn / Keserwan area.

Same problem here, looking for 64Gb version graphite color but I only found it at 3gleb and it was overpriced

#18 May 26 2016

LifeEngineer

silo_m8 wrote:

Same problem here, looking for 64Gb version graphite color but I only found it at 3gleb and it was overpriced

Unfortunately it is overpriced everywhere!
A 32gb cost 450$ in the USA and 560$ in here!

Actually it's very weird since it's the only device that is more expensive than the USA/rest of the world! Any other phone is cheaper in here!

#19 May 26 2016

LifeEngineer

#20 May 27 2016

silo_m8

LifeEngineer wrote:

It's the first time I see this website, are they a physical store or an e-shop? Are they reliable? I see they don't offer a warranty for the 6p

#21 May 27 2016

LifeEngineer

silo_m8 wrote:

It's the first time I see this website, are they a physical store or an e-shop? Are they reliable? I see they don't offer a warranty for the 6p

He's a guy called Mohamad that deliver the phone to your doorstep without any additional fees!
I have already bought like 3 devices for me and my friends without any issues! All original and factory sealed!
Regarding warranty it depends on devices! Samsung has warranty coz it has an official dealer in here!
I doubt the nexus has any warranty!
Call the guy, he's nice!

#22 May 31 2016

dsoftware.king

LifeEngineer wrote:

his prices almost match Amhaz prices. if you buy from amhaz other than beer el abed branch it's only 10$ difference.

#23 May 31 2016

silo_m8

Anyone has experience with 3gleb? They seem to be the only place that has the version I want

#24 June 1 2016

Salloum

Don't buy the Nexus 6P now. It's a good device but it's a little old and will soon have its successor released. Unless you can get it at a great price, I'd pass.

Board footer