LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1876 May 23 2016

Silentcontrol

Re: Feedback for Ogero

Ngel wrote:

euhmm guys ?
i tested it like years ago, and it is true. putting someone else user and pass in your ppoe router would make u use his bandwidth, but at the speed of your subscription.
no, its NOT tied to some mac address -.-

I agree with NGEL i tried it too on ogero connections it works other Private isp like idm or cyberia ( i tried those) don't work

#1877 May 24 2016

dav

test

i had this between 2:45pm and 2:50pm

Last edited by dav (May 24 2016)

#1878 May 24 2016

DG

Since this is apparently a countrywide issue I am assume I can mention it in this thread.
I received a message from connect at 15:00 stating the following: "Dear valued client, a technical issue is affecting the internet service in the entire country. You may experience some momentary service interruptions."
Shortly after that my ping increased by 20% everywhere.

#1879 May 24 2016

scorz

I replied with this:

The reason I need my credentials is to setup my own dsl router(since the one provided with the installation doesn't cover all my house) and I don't want to setup another access point / repeater.
There is no way it can be configured?

Thanks,
Best Regards

And the reply was:

Sorry for the late, but only you have one solution for your problem, you can go down to OGERO Minet El Hosson today or tomorrow from 8 in the morning till 3 o'clock.
Regards,

I am not sure if I take a dsl router they won't change the admin password. And I'll be out of the router again.

#1880 May 24 2016

Kazouza

scorz wrote:

I replied with this:

The reason I need my credentials is to setup my own dsl router(since the one provided with the installation doesn't cover all my house) and I don't want to setup another access point / repeater.

Thanks,
Best Regards

And the reply was:

Sorry for the late, but only you have one solution for your problem, you can go down to OGERO Minet El Hosson today or tomorrow from 8 in the morning till 3 o'clock.
Regards,

I am not sure if I take a dsl router they won't change the admin password. And I'll be out of the router again.

Who did you contact?

#1881 May 24 2016

Hamra

I'm a Terranet user, and yes, ping is unusually high. it's not *unreliable*, it's stable, but just higher than is acceptable for gaming. Examples, pinging 8.8.8.8 was always around 80 ms, now it's 150 ms. pinging Dota 2 West EU servers was always around 125 ms, now it's 175ms!

#1882 May 24 2016

scorz

@Kazouza

A dude called "Nader Refai"

#1883 May 24 2016

dav

scorz wrote:

I replied with this:

Thanks,
Best Regards

And the reply was:

Regards,

what’s the router they gave to you? did you get your username and pass of the router?

#1884 May 25 2016

user

This is silly because, what if you were not originally on an unlimited account, had your credentials, then upgraded to the unlimited account. You would have still had the same credentials no?

#1885 May 25 2016

Kazouza

scorz wrote:

@Kazouza

A dude called "Nader Refai"

Didn't he ask you to provide a copy of the last invoice and a copy of your passport or your ID?

#1886 May 25 2016

scorz

@dav A technicolor MediaAccess TG582n v2

@user To be honest I am not really sure... And yeah his reply is indeed weird.

@Kazouza Nope he didn't

#1887 May 25 2016

Mero55

Hey!

@scorz the username is usually written on a sticker put on the router and  the password is ksd*date of subscription*
if all fails just call 1515 and smash the numpad until you get an operator and don't hang up until its solved....yelling usually helps....

Gd luck!!

Last edited by Mero55 (May 25 2016)

#1888 May 25 2016

Georges00

You shouldnt be able to connect using someone's else PPoE Username/Password...
It didn't work on my local cable provider atleast.

#1889 May 25 2016

Kazouza

scorz wrote:

@dav A technicolor MediaAccess TG582n v2

@user To be honest I am not really sure... And yeah his reply is indeed weird.

@Kazouza Nope he didn't

Provide them and see if it helps..

#1890 May 26 2016

Ngel

Georges00 wrote:

Local cable ISP's restrict your login to the MAC of the AP he installed.
DSL is just not this way ^^

#1891 May 26 2016

NuclearVision

Ngel wrote:
Georges00 wrote:

Local cable ISP's restrict your login to the MAC of the AP he installed.
DSL is just not this way ^^

I clone MAC all the way.
Edit: surprisingly it is the router's mac.
Lazy technicians.

Last edited by NuclearVision (May 26 2016)

#1892 May 30 2016

OdeToDeath

Hey guys , i recently switched to Ogero .I want to switch off Interleaving on my line , would my line support it without having packet loss  ? And also , who should I contact ?

Line stats :

DSL Type
ADSL_2plus

DSL Mode
Interleaved

Maximum Line rate
1.12 Mbps  14.24 Mbps

Line Rate
0.51 Mbps  2.04 Mbps

Output Power
12.1 dBm  19.5 dBm

Line Attenuation
23.5 dB  23.5 dB

Noise Margin
23.1 dB  17.3 dB

Thanks in advance

Edit : Forgot to say i'm on the 2 Mbps Unlimited plan , and i live very near from the centrale around corniche el mazraa ( less than 1KM )

Last edited by OdeToDeath (May 30 2016)

#1893 May 31 2016

cnour

Hello, after 6 years with IDM, I moved one month ago to Ogero (6MB, 60GB). I'm very happy with Ogero and I'm receiving exactly the 6MB and it is very stable.

When I check my consumption online, the page told me that I'm subscribed to 2MB unlimited!

I contacted them to correct this but they did not do. Anybody has this problem? I'm always waiting my first bill to know what I will pay (2Mb or 6MB) especially since I already passed above the 60 GB (but online it said I have unlimited quota).

Hopefully I will pay for 2MB unlimited since in this case I will have 6MB unlimited

Thanks

#1894 May 31 2016

NuclearVision

cnour wrote:

Hello, after 6 years with IDM, I moved one month ago to Ogero (6MB, 60GB). I'm very happy with Ogero and I'm receiving exactly the 6MB and it is very stable.

When I check my consumption online, the page told me that I'm subscribed to 2MB unlimited!!!!!!

I contacted them to correct this but they did not do. Anybody has this problem? I'm always waiting my first bill to know what I will pay (2Mb or 6MB) especially since I already passed above the 60 GB (but online it said I have unlimited quota).

Hopefully I will pay for 2MB unlimited since in this case I will have 6MB unlimited!!!!!!

Thanks

I'm impressed, good for you. Wait for your bill and don't tell them, if they are not hurt then what.

#1895 May 31 2016

ManOwaRR

Good luck with that , I payed 311000l.l I will be on the safe side if I were u and go for unlimited , unless u don't mind paying over 200$ bill

#1896 May 31 2016

cnour

Thanks, don't worry since it is the last day of the month and I'm only at 61 GB so I will not exceed the 60 GB by a huge amount.

#1897 June 6 2016

vegetaleb
Banned

So it looks like the Sassine centrale has poor generators because every-time the electricity goes off during afternoon the internet ADSL connection is totally dead for 30 minutes, so not only they don't speed up ADSL AS PROMISED  LAST YEAR but they can't even maintain a stable connection while being the most expensive internet in the world

#1898 June 10 2016

hkbazzi

guys whats nader rifai's email?

#1899 June 10 2016

Kazouza

nrifai@ogero.gov.lb

#1900 June 13 2016

Makaveli84

Ogero DSL down since 9:30 AM. It's now 1:35 PM.

Board footer