LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#51 May 3 2016

scorz

Re: Feedback for 4G LTE

What a blast..
I wish i got 58.6 at least :/

#52 May 3 2016

ballad

hussam wrote:

One of their tricks is assigning 60000MB instead of 60GB which is around 58.6GB.

touch does that but not alfa

#53 May 3 2016

hussam

ballad wrote:
hussam wrote:

One of their tricks is assigning 60000MB instead of 60GB which is around 58.6GB.

touch does that but not alfa

That's good :)

#54 May 4 2016

scorz

@ballad I am alfa dude.

#55 May 4 2016

RandomMemory

Wooo 20mbps over 4g with a 1.5GB data cap for 19$. Sounds awesome, I bet i'll enjoy my 4 minutes of 4G...

#56 May 4 2016

bermudapineapple

RandomMemory wrote:

Wooo 20mbps over 4g with a 1.5GB data cap for 19$. Sounds awesome, I bet i'll enjoy my 4 minutes of 4G...

This reminds me of when my line was about to be deactivated once and I had around 500MBs of data left, so I watched a 4K 360 video on my screen. It was right there on my phone, all that glorious resolution and bandwidth, but it finished my data in a few minutes. So close, yet so far...

#57 May 4 2016

NuclearVision

A speedtest once cost me 47megabytes.

#58 May 7 2016

dav

test

test

#59 May 7 2016

scorz

Sppedtest show result from a server in "Lebanon". It's cached.
Try parallels download from any server in the internet and you'll get real result.
I've downloaded 60GB and peak speed was 13mbps.

#60 May 7 2016

dav

i tried many speed tests for servers in europe and it's the same... 33 to 45 mbps download and 15 to 40 mbps upload

#61 May 7 2016

dav

different day..different time... and i forgot how much signal i had.... but for sure not 97%

test

maybe between 40 and 50%... i'll try more speedtests later on 95-100% signal and i'll keep you posted

Last edited by dav (May 7 2016)

#62 May 7 2016

dav

i am sure if it was cached you'd hit 80mbps and ofcourse not only 40..

#63 May 9 2016

dav

speed test to turkey... alfa 4G

test

#64 May 9 2016

BetterGoogleIt

Hey can I find anything on iPhone (App store) that can help me find the best "spot" for the signal? Like it indicates the dBm lie dav already showed.

#65 May 10 2016

Johnaudi

You can't deny 4G beats almost all connections out there. But you have to remember it's 4 times as expensive.

#66 May 10 2016

vegetaleb
Banned

Johnaudi wrote:

You can't deny 4G beats almost all connections out there. But you have to remember it's 4 times as expensive.

If only they give unlimited night downloads I would consider it but it's way too expensive per Mb.
I posted an article in a Lebanese newspapers about it and ADSL being obsolete but of course Mr Harb and his ministry didn't bother at all

Last edited by vegetaleb (May 10 2016)

#67 May 10 2016

BetterGoogleIt

vegetaleb wrote:
Johnaudi wrote:

If only they give unlimited night downloads I would consider it but it's way too expensive per Mb.
I posted an article in a Lebanese newspapers about it and ADSL being obsolete but of course Mr Harb and his ministry didn't bother at all

You can't give unlimited night downloads on 4G, it will just become another overloaded slow internet connection.

#68 May 10 2016

vegetaleb
Banned

BetterGoogleIt wrote:
vegetaleb wrote:
Johnaudi wrote:

You can't give unlimited night downloads on 4G, it will just become another overloaded slow internet connection.

Don't worry it's expensive enough to let it ''premium'', damn country with damn internet plans, we are living in stone ages of internet and nobody want to touch it

#69 May 10 2016

Silentcontrol

I agree on the want because if they can't thats half a problem but the problem is they dont WANT

#70 May 10 2016

dav

vegetaleb wrote:
BetterGoogleIt wrote:
vegetaleb wrote:

Don't worry it's expensive enough to let it ''premium'', damn country with damn internet plans, we are living in stone ages of internet and nobody want to touch it

4g can get up to 150mbps if the link is available it will be enough for unlimited nights from 10pm to 6am it won’t bother anyone and my estimation for average speed will be around 10 to 15 mbps per user if the bandwidth is released...

and for the adsl the only resolution is fibre optics and the 8 terabits requested newly will do the work...don’t worry...everything they should do is work on the ftth...but ofcourse the mafia is blocking the work... i hope we ll see a difference soon...

#71 May 10 2016

dav

BetterGoogleIt wrote:

Hey can I find anything on iPhone (App store) that can help me find the best "spot" for the signal? Like it indicates the dBm lie dav already showed.

truly i don’t know... actually i hate iphone and ios : p but this software on android is called network signal info pro and you can find it on blackmart

#72 May 10 2016

arached

BetterGoogleIt wrote:

there's a special code that you dial(unfortunately i've forgot what it is) that can change your iphone signal in the notification bar to dbm. Do a little search i'm sure you'll find it.

#73 May 10 2016

haidcar

vegetaleb wrote:
Johnaudi wrote:

I have to agree, he did nothing to improve internet since he took office more than 2 years ago.

#74 May 11 2016

dav

haidcar wrote:
vegetaleb wrote:
Johnaudi wrote:

I have to agree, he did nothing to improve internet since he took office more than 2 years ago.

ofcourse he didn’t he only finished what the previous minister started...and then spent his time doing plastic surgeries...

#75 June 8 2016

vegetaleb
Banned

Any news about updated download quotas for Alfa?
It's so damn expensive
About unlimited night downloads, why wouldn't they propose like with Cyberia a paid 2-3$ per month option for that? It would solve so many summer houses internet problems, the 10$-500mb is useless unless you only check emails not even facebook because as we know FB open videos without asking permissions, 1.5gb for 20$ is better but you won't make a month with it for sure.
So they closed their eyes on the fact that 90% of Lebanese calls are made on whatsapp instead of ordinary mobile calls, but they steal us by super expensive data plans

Board footer